• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

T.O.P

Banned
Great and colorful OT!

I'm having a blast with the game so far, it's gorgeous on the Switch screen and plays like a dream

Really happy to play online in the GAF rooms again. They were so much fun.

Let the salt begin.

AMEHjjf.jpg

I got a "Payment Revision Needed" on Amazon Japan's site. The info is correct. I would honestly just prefer to cancel at this point but it doesn't give me that option either.

kiri

Thanks for the amiibo info, I was wondering what additional Mii Costumes would be unlocked...
not that I use them, Rosalina for life

Pejo

Got this pre-ordered for tomorrow at Best Buy. Will be playing tomorrow night with my GF. The last time I played a Mario Kart with a girlfriend on release was the Wii one, and a different girlfriend. We almost broke up because of it.

TIME TO GET SALTY WHEN SHE BEATS ME!

Hey does GameStop do 20% off new games like bestbuy gamer club or Amazon prime? I have 80 GameStop credits but don't want to pay full price for the game

Roo

Since apparently the OT will break the discord link for some reason, I'll keep sharing it the first couple pages so people can quote this post and join the server easier

*QUOTE THIS POST TO SEE THE HIDDEN LINK BELOW

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

HERE:
[EMAIL="https://discordapp.com/invite/2qsZpJj][/EMAIL]

CDX

apparently you can buy the international digital version on amazon japan for $52

You have to switch your account to japan and then back to whatever it was

downloading now from the japanese eshop. anyone who wants to jump in

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01MTASBY4/

Comes out to $52USD an is immediately downloadable. You only need to go through the normal steps to be able to buy from amazon.co.jp

Tempted, because you can download and play it right now from the japanese eshop.

But I have my cartridge coming from Amazon.com. I can wait, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Just paid off my copy from GameStop the other day. So hyped for this game and I cannot wait to play it. I never got to play a lot of MK8 and never tried it online.

Plum

Amazing OT!

Can't wait to play some matches with you all, even if I get thoroughly destroyed due to being incredibly rusty.

Kouriozan

Had a good time with GAF tournament on Wii U, also I was banned at that time and saw that I angered a few people with my Bowser x)
But then it was fire hopping galore and could only hit 1st with a lot of luck, anyway I recommend everyone to play in GAF tournament.

Can you use 2 Joy-Con with one in each hand (a bit like Wiimote+Nunchuk) or must they absolutely be embedded in a Joy-Con Grip?

Skipped out on MK7 and didn't own a Wii U, but played a bit of regular 8 on that with friends who did own a Wii U. Excited to jump back in the Mario Kart fold, especially because the GOAT characters, Dry Bones and King Boo, are back.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Unfortunately there isn't enough new in Deluxe for me to re-buy it, especially after I burnt myself out on the Wii U release, but do know I'm jealous of you that get to experience it for the first time.

Can you use 2 Joy-Con with one in each hand (a bit like Wiimote+Nunchuk) or must they absolutely be embedded in a Joy-Con Grip?

Standard has no hardware in it, and when the joy cons are separated from the machine, it can't tell if they're doing anything afaik. So split cons are a go.

I'll be using this set up because it's amazing.

Jeels

Since apparently the OT will break the discord link for some reason, I'll keep sharing it the first couple pages so people can quote this post and join the server easier

HERE:
[EMAIL="https://discord.gg/Nt8KJM2%22][/EMAIL]

This is not working for me. Why is there a % in the link?

Top Bottom