• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How can I tell if HDR is working in my game? Playing the fifa demo on PC and the HDR logo only appears if I minimise to the desktop but not when the game starts? is that normal?

Edit: nevermind just had to run in DX12

I often get impression many people play Fifa only because of those (intended) glitches, because whenever there is talk about, you get those gifs without a fail.
Talking about that how's PES?
It absolutely is why I play Fifa as even outside of the sexual fun there's always broken limbs and people flying. Good stuff and most of the time I'm in replay mode.

Maybe I'll actually try to play PES more seriously. Still can't download

Uzzy

My friends and I mostly use Lego minifigs for D&D. Improvise!

Yeah, I've seen that often. It's a good idea, lets you customise the figure to better represent your character too. WFB and 40k models are also unsurprisingly useful in both their respective RPGs.

Found this pic which sums up my feelings towards GW as of late.

Games_Workshop_Hates_France.jpeg

Tizoc

It absolutely is why I play Fifa as even outside of the sexual fun there's always broken limbs and people flying. Good stuff and most of the time I'm in replay mode.

Maybe I'll actually try to play PES more seriously. Still can't download
4ish hours to go for pes 18 download

If you're only interested in the Warhammer Fantasy lore, then you'll really want more than just the core rulebook from that. There's only 14 pages of lore, though there's a good section on religion in Warhammer Fantasy too. Going up a few tiers would give you a lot more lore for the setting. Or you could search for an old 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles rulebook.

Yes, the setting was recently rebooted, changing it from a rather unique setting with a fantastical take on the Holy Roman Empire, to fantasy 40k, killing most of it's unique selling points in the process especially when just brought in goddamn Sigmarines and gave them all different colour schemes including blue cause they need to stick goddamn SPEES MERHEENS into everything goddamn it all goddamn cunting cunts not giving me a Bretonnia update for a decade then killing the world to stick in FANTASY SPEES MERHEENS... and breath.Thankfully the video games are ignoring that and sticking to the interesting setting. Thankfully.

No, you don't need miniatures to play it. It's a roleplaying game, the game takes place in your imagination. Miniatures can help, especially when it comes to combat encounters, but they aren't necessary.

I recently read a bit about Warhammer online and I can see the reboot thing is widely hated. Maybe it's OK to dive into the old Fantasy setting after all. I'll end up buying one of the tiers, thanks!

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-13-funcom-steam-user-reviews-should-be-region-gated

It's an article in which Funcom complains about negative Steam reviews and proposes that they be region locked.

Their complaint is that people who live in countries that don't have multiplayer servers close by will be more likely to leave a negative review and that players who live in countries close to servers should not be able to see those negative reviews lest it affect their purchasing decision. I bet they won't mind it if it goes other way around though.

It's kind of crazy that they can see a problem like this and their proposed solution is to hide this information instead of actually trying to address the problem for the negatively affected customers. I understand a medium size company can't setup servers everywhere but you can at least try to make it a little more equitable. In the article they complain about how Chinese players review bombed their game instead of realizing that China is one of the most important destinations for gaming and that it is absolutely worth the investment to put up servers in China.

I guess one thing you can take away from this article is that some companies do care about Steam reviews and review bombing.

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-13-funcom-steam-user-reviews-should-be-region-gated

It's an article in which Funcom complains about negative Steam reviews and proposes that they be region locked.

Their complaint is that people who live in countries that don't have multiplayer servers close by will be more likely to leave a negative review and that players who live in countries close to servers should not be able to see those negative reviews lest it affect their purchasing decision. I bet they won't mind it if it goes other way around though.

It's kind of crazy that they can see a problem like this and their proposed solution is to hide this information instead of actually trying to address the problem for the negatively affected customers. I understand a medium size company can't setup servers everywhere but you can at least try to make it a little more equitable. In the article they complain about how Chinese players review bombed their game instead of realizing that China is one of the most important destinations for gaming and that it is absolutely worth the investment to put up servers in China.

I guess one thing you can take away from this article is that some companies do care about Steam reviews and review bombing.

China is the biggest region for some games even, for other games it makes a sizable portion. PUBG has most players and owners from China. Stuff like Senran Kagura had most owners from China as well as some Neptunia games...

Tizoc

In 45 actually

Nah this
oddworldfangus4ru77.jpg

Yeah I've said that once they're done with this they should get back to making something new. I think the concept for that game got reworked as Stranger's Wrath?
Well they can always go back to the original idea now and just make it :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
technically off-topic but:

MFPallytime 🐥‏ @MFPallytime 24m24 minutes ago
... My A - Z videos are being hit with de-monetization now.

MFPallytime 🐥‏ @MFPallytime 23m23 minutes ago
40k views down the drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVeLv5PySw

Pallytime as some might know is popular Heroes of the Storm streamer, he also does a lot of Souls games stuff. Seems youtube is fucking over content creators bad lately?

ArjanN

Kinda surprised Doom is coming to the Switch. Although now that I think about it you can probably get a better looking/controlling version on PC for like 10 bucks now.

I finally picked this up.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Manual Samual -- MB-73E8AFEF4AB7A1CD - Taken by Orakio Rob. 8 entrants total.

t1505356100z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom