• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

ok superb reads for melon

snackbats is giving me usual vibes of unknown. but the whole gorlax thing makes me feel tad good because it is bit too straightforward of a scum play. there is no particular need to put attention on oneself on d1 so why do it. then again i've never so far played with a fake town leader so what do i know.
ccs is scum i know it spidre told me.
crab is hiding. spooky.
c-tim i mentioned above. somewhat agree with the idea that he miiiiight be tad reserved.
gorlax is aggro nothing new there, tells me nothing.
haly i dunno. rather carefree?
karl feels the same as some past games, tells nothing to me.
then is kyan the best woo.
lp is hiding too. death to hiding scum lp. the feelsTM.
melon is poking things. will need to observe more.
ouro is being lazy.
squid im not familiar with but the mechanics speak makes for good fluff.
time is hiding too.

would want to kill one of the hiders righty now.

Appreciate it.

I never said that, melon. I'm just saying mechanic talk is kind of the default for lots of people at this point. They want to contribute but they have no other way of doing so, so they analyze mechanics.

If I thought you said it, would've quoted you directly. We are on the cusp of that portion of D1. Next we will be debating the inactives v the overly actives....

Overall, I'm a relatively indifferent to this discussion because it has barely moved past the hypothetical.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think batsnacks is just shooting in the dark but it does strike me as a town play for D1.

I'm more suspicious of Lone_Prodigy backing off of Ouro. I'd like to think they wouldn't be that obvious about it but I'm not too convinced in Gorlak.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

CzarTim

kyan's actually contributing day one? What is this madness.

oreo has made one post of substance, and it was a super soft read. He was shit posting a lot as if he wanted us to know he was here but not actually committing. slight scum

LP unvoting read to me like scum put down a random vote and wanted to back off when it gained traction. scum

Gor was super defensive in pixar too, but looking at his posts I'm not seeing a lot that makes me feel safe to say town.

I am gut town reading time, he seems a lot more relaxed than when he's scum.

CzarTim

I scum read Ouro by the way. He seems reticent. Also he changed his avatar to be smaller in a desperate bid to literally fade into the background??

Vote: Ourobolus

I think batsnacks is just shooting in the dark but it does strike me as a town play for D1.

I'm more suspicious of Lone_Prodigy backing off of Ouro. I'd like to think they wouldn't be that obvious about it but I'm not too convinced in Gorlak.

second time you've sheeped me makes me feel uneasy

vote: Lone_Prodigy

Why shouldn't he be voted out?

It's early. I could vote Ouro later but 3 early votes in a small game are significant.

It's early.

kyan's actually contributing day one? What is this madness.

oreo has made one post of substance, and it was a super soft read. He was shit posting a lot as if he wanted us to know he was here but not actually committing. slight scum

LP unvoting read to me like scum put down a random vote and wanted to back off when it gained traction. scum

Gor was super defensive in pixar too, but looking at his posts I'm not seeing a lot that makes me feel safe to say town.

I am gut town reading time, he seems a lot more relaxed than when he's scum.

if Ouro died no one would consider my "random vote" suspicious.

Haly

second time you've sheeped me makes me feel uneasy

Your one vote isn't going to do anything to LP.

And I want an alternative to this batsnacks/gorlak thing. If we're going to run gorlak out D1 anyway might as well poke some other people.

Haly

sleeping.gif

Kawl_USC

Bats is mostly correct in having an odd number of Ms shifts things a little. He's wrong in that's it's less than a percent depending on how you look at it. One M moved from 37% likely to 94%. 3 M goes from 2.2 to 5.8%. The various T percentages are all shifted up a percentage of two from the normalization as well. Other letters remain the same though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ourubolus, why did you issue suspiscion for either Haly or Kawl? Neither of them stand out to me especially at the moment, and you didn't justify your decision.

Gorlak, which people would you consider voting for at the moment? Why do you think so many people started playing aggressively towards you?

Lone_Prodigy, why are 3 votes in a game currently with 13 players less than halfway through the first day significant? Suppose the third vote was from scum. What benefit did that bring them?

Kyan, is it really useful for us to have such scattered considerations, instead of building a solid case for one or two players?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I want to vote for Oorubulos just to make the point that Ourobulus is a fun thing to type and have to excuses to put in a sentence like so: "Ourubulos", but for the time being I most want answers from Lone_Prodigy.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Ourobolus

Banned
For Haly: Didn't like the vote on me, it was lazy reasoning. Also just kinda flailing about.
For Kawl: Is shitposting more than I feel like he would if he were town. I've backed off a little on that for now, but I'll keep my eye on him.

It's day one? You're expecting a turbo? What are your opinions on oreo's actual content?

No I'm expecting a "2 minutes left and there's no consensus so I'm just going to leave my vote on X and oh look they actually had the most votes gee whiz I'm sorry I had no idea."

Kawl_USC

For Haly: Didn't like the vote on me, it was lazy reasoning. Also just kinda flailing about.
For Kawl: Is shitposting more than I feel like he would if he were town. I've backed off a little on that for now, but I'll keep my eye on him.
I'm tired of not being recognized for the shit poster I strive to be day in and day out.

3 votes is 4 from majority. It's just enough (see the other people with 2) that it would show up at or near the top of any sorted vote list.

You let those votes marinate, continue to discuss other things, and then you suddenly start running out of time and heck, why not leave your vote where it is, or start thinking that option isn't an entirely bad one? Or maybe you're not around at day's end and suddenly that extra vote looks mightily important.

It's optics and bias.

CCS

Banned
3 votes is 4 from majority. It's just enough (see the other people with 2) that it would show up at or near the top of any sorted vote list.

You let those votes marinate, continue to discuss other things, and then you suddenly start running out of time and heck, why not leave your vote where it is, or start thinking that option isn't an entirely bad one? Or maybe you're not around at day's end and suddenly that extra vote looks mightily important.

It's optics and bias.

Oh god, it's like PoliGAF all over again :p

CzarTim

It's optics and bias.

Do you have any actual thoughts on the people playing this game, fam?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No I'm expecting a "2 minutes left and there's no consensus so I'm just going to leave my vote on X and oh look they actually had the most votes gee whiz I'm sorry I had no idea."

This almost never happens. The classic GAFIA day's end is 30 minutes from deadline, two people start a vote on a previously unremarkable person and a wagon explodes out of nowhere, almost never with scum on it and powered entirely by overzealous town.

Do you disagree?

Kawl_USC

Oh god, it's like PoliGAF all over again :p
Damnit you stole the joke I was gonna make.

But it sounds like you think ouro isn't a good choice to lynch whatsoever. You sound like you know he's a mislynch and so are concerned on how a vote there will look. Why would it be a bad thing for ouro to feel some pressure or for him to be voted out at the end of the day?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I liked Haly's reasoning. Your post/contribution ratio is largely out of whack, and has been from p. early on, especially for a player good enough to have better things to do. So what made it flailing?

Ourobolus

Banned
I liked Haly's reasoning. Your post/contribution ratio is largely out of whack, and has been from p. early on, especially for a player good enough to have better things to do. So what made it flailing?

Just a whole lot of nothing. Arguing with batsnacks over an edit, melon's gifs, etc.

As for me, I like to sit back and watch D1.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I never said Ouro wasn't worth voting for. I said "it's early". We could very well circle back to him before the day is through.

Okay, so if he was worth voting for, and it was very early and therefore not especially risky, we reach the original problem of: why on earth did your vote move?

Kawl_USC

I never said Ouro wasn't worth voting for. I said "it's early". We could very well circle back to him before the day is through.
I just don't see how a third vote on him precludes this approach. If he's worth voting for he's worth voting for up till L-1 imo

Kyanrute

Kyan, is it really useful for us to have such scattered considerations, instead of building a solid case for one or two players?

Ooh this seems interesting. I'll assume that by "scattered considerations" you refer to the superb read list of mine. If you meant something different do correct me and I'll try again.

I think it is useful to have some sort of a opinion on everyone, even if the opinion is a pure null read. Firstly, it helps me to have some sort of a written record on my past thoughts. As the discussion progresses, I sometimes forget some of the past details and the feelings those details caused in myself and in others. For an example, after spending a day discussing with Karl I might've forgotten some details about why I felt that Gorlak was so towny the day before. Checking the record gets acts as a shortcut in terms of remembering. Obviously this all applies to other players too. Leaving a record makes it easier for you all to judge if I am making any sense.

There is a fine balance between overall surveying and focusing on the lynch. I'd say that one leads to another - at some point I myself stop looking at the whole row of criminals and choose focus on just a handful of them. I think it would be a mistake only to choose to do one of the two. Just posting lists of opinions leaves the pressuring to other participants. Blindly focusing on just a one person or two leaves the field too wide open. I can see a followup question already coming: when do I focus my aim? It depends, really. In general on the first days I've played I've left the focusing until the final hours of the day.

Kawl_USC

I guess we're just confused on whether the unvoting was because it was just a joke or because there was too much steam being picked up on ouro

I know I'm easily confused but it seems to be ever shifting justification

Top Bottom