• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Brock Lesnar Beat Entire U.S. Navy Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
spetz said:
So I'm talking with my friend and he makes the statement that nobody in the entire U.S. Navy Seals could take Brock Lesnar. Assuming Brock can defeat any Seal in a hand to hand fight.

So after about an hour of going back and forth trying to convince him how stupid he is, I realized this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

Thoughts.
Um, he's probably right. The Navy Seals aren't masters of unarmed combat, they are mostly trained in armed combat.

My guess is that most people have a fictionalized superhero image of the Seals that doesn't actually exist.

Binabik15

Chinner said:
This is how the battle with Bear Gyrlls would go: Bear would run off into the forest and hide. Ten minutes later Brock dies of hunger.

Depends on how close to each otherthey start. Weightlifters (and Lesnar looks like he could squat quite a bit) make excellent sprinters. For 15 metres or so. Then they´re either exhausted or trip because their upper bodies are too heavy for easy co-ordination. :lol

Okay, not actually falling, but their main advantage is indeed the starting phase. All that Schnellkraft (fast strenght? power?) gets them going quickly, but they´re too heavy for top speed.

So Bear should hope he´s safely away before thinking about running away.

But a fight between a guy named Bear and an ogre with a sword tattoed on his belly would indeed be glorious.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
TheRagnCajun said:
I have a hard time believing any special forces could win a hand to hand fight against a professional MMA fighter. The seals would have a few tricks that an MMA fighter may not be privy to since they are banned in the cage, but they still know plenty of submission moves. In terms of strength, stamina, speed, reflexes, pain tolerance and technique the MMA fighter has an advantage.

There are absolutely guys in the special forces that could defeat some pro MMA fighters, and several guys have gone from special forces positions to becoming capable MMA fighters, even doing both at the same time. Being a pro MMA fighter doesn't make you impervious to harm from people who aren't pro MMA fighters.

In the OP's scenario, though, we're talking about a specific MMA fighter who has an immense size and strength advantage over his proposed opponents as well as being one of the more dangerous guys in the sport.

Biff

agrajag said:
The part where you were bragging is that you said you'd beat him 1 out of 1,000 times.
Whaaaaaaaat

My point was that anyone could beat him 1 out of 1,000 times
even a scrawny guy like me
. Not that I'm 'good' enough to beat him 1 out of 1,000 times :)

But I do see what the first guy meant now.

Bleepey

TheSeks said:
But at least it isn't your ridiculous thread.

(Silver lining?)

I thought that was Aliens vs Predator. Not Osama vs Obama/Navy Seal vs MMA fighter?

Okay guys: Marvel vs Capcom, who wins?

Such a stupid thread...

It's Marhvel baybee!

-viper-

Banned
AstroLad said:
This is a bit of an MMA thread topic, but the only man that could take Brock at this point imo is Aoki.
joke post?

5'10 155lb fighter vs Brock Lesnar? this is worse than the post I made about being shocked at the fact the sun orbits the galactic core in the milky way.

andycapps

-viper- said:
joke post?

5'10 155lb fighter vs Brock Lesnar? this is worse than the post I made about being shocked at the fact the sun orbits the galactic core in the milky way.

Of course it's a joke post. :lol

EYEL1NER

bigtroyjon said:
Uhh, I don't think anyone is talking about Brock fighting hundreds of navy seals in succesion.
Can Brock Lesnar Beat Entire U.S. Navy Seals
Kinda sounds like that was the question. Poorly worded from the OP I guess...

While I do think the SEALS are a bit over-hyped, it's a bit rediculous to say there is not one of them that could hang with or even beat Brock Lesnar. As many SEALS as there are? C'mon...
My squadron is filled with some glorified paper pushers and desk jockeys and there are guys who weigh 260+ and whose deadlift, bench, squat, and press would embarass a lot of MMA fighters.
Now, an MMA fighter, like Brock, has more fighting experience than the average SEAL and that could decide the battle, but there are definitly SEALS who can match Brock's strength and size. I'd wager a guess that there are more than a few that could stand up and bang with Lesnar.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
How the Hell did this thread get so long?

mclem said:
Brock Lesnar? No. Now, Brock Samson, on the other hand...

Speaking of which, a lot of the people in this thread sound like Durmott Fictel. I'm imagining some of the posts read in his voice...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
In the ring, Brock. If they told a Seal to take Brock out with no weapons I'm sure there is someone out there that could do the job. But it's not really a fair fight in that scenario.

A better situation is Brock Lesnar vs. Gator-Suplexing Batman.

batman-suplex-gator.gif

My father is a vet. and while not a SEAL was special forces. It not really a fight, they would try to kill or severly incapacitate the person as quickly as possible.

Its a different world. the SEAL would try to do something like collapse his trachea or literally rip an eye out, something like that. They are not trained fighters they are trained killers.

If a SEAL was in a regualr street fight under the law of the land (doesn't want to go to jail) he would just throw punches like any other guy the MMA fighter wins.

Zachack

Any Navy Seal should be able to beat Brock Lesnar provided that the fight took place in outer space. Brock would suffer from radiation burns more rapidly than a Navy Seal due to his immense width, which increases the surface area for solar bombardment when angled perpendicular to the path of radiation. Further, while either combatant would be able to use the other as a shield and hide in the shadow, Brock would probably be unable to hide his entire mass behind another person, while the Navy Seal could likely fit into Brock's shadow.

Ergo vis-a-vis, Brock would lose in outer space.

Ripenen

I don't know why people say this is a stupid thread. I've had more fun reading this thread than any other thread so far this year.

Binabik15 said:
They actually had that fight in Marvel vs DC. Duh.

Batman won.

Even I know that and I own less than a dozen comics.

Yea but that series was bull shit.. Namor getting beat by Aquaman.. ridiculous.

Binabik15

Byakuya769 said:
Yea but that series was bull shit.. Namor getting beat by Aquaman.. ridiculous.

The Wolverine vs Lobo fight deserved like 1000 pages instead of that Robin plus mutant girl love story.

But Dark Claw was awesome, as was his enemy SabreJoker. Don´t deny that :lol

spetz

ChiTownBuffalo said:
How the Hell did this thread get so long?

It's inevitable, I was thinking the same thing when I found myself actually arguing this stupid topic with my friend last night.

Kite

It depends on how the fight is set up. In a no holds barred fight where killing is allowed I'm betting on the seals, they're training in that sort of stuff. However if you want to set rules like hand to hand/mma rules/street fighting only.. of course this brock guy.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Special Armed Forces usually imply a lack of rules not a set of standards a former wrestler or mma fighter would have to abide by. Logistically brock and every other bad ass wannabe on this planet can't touch people who basically live to kill in the name of their country. I'd love to be proven wrong so set something up soon.

Zaptruder

Banned
The whole Navy Seals are trained to kill thing is hilarious.

They're trained to kill, yes, but primarily with weapons.

The suggestion that because they have somehow been given pointers on how to permanently disable a man in hand to hand, gives them some sort of special agility and skill that would allow them to avoid a highly trained and conditioned MMA fighter and allow them to initiate their killing blow is absurd to the point of been ludicrous.

I'm sure they could probably have a good chance if the MMA fighter was unaware with his back turned... but upfront, face to face... the special forces guy knows better than to engage a 300lb muscled and highly trained fighter without a weapon.

It's like these mouth breathers think that because MMA fighters don't repeatedly train to block claw grabs to their necks or crotch or nipples (or however you'd imagine a special forces guy killing a man in full frontal combat), that they can't do it.

SpacLock

This is something that I would argue about with a friend when I was 12 years old. This thread is very, very stupid.

I'll bite anyway... I heard that during some part of the Seals training, they are required to be drowned/water boarded/etc. Ya know, the kind of stuff that would probably put a lot of hair on your peaches. Basically, the type of shit that would make Brock Lesnar curl up and cry.

Wow. I feel really strange even posting in this thread.

Muddimar

Seals don't fight for points or to tap out. They fight to kill people. Pretty sure Brock would be missing an eye and his throat after stepping up to a Seal.

mcrae

`Moe Joe. said:
Soldier's hit to kill.

Brock Lesnar punches to win points...
sorry, what?

MMA fighters punch to take the opponent out. what exactly, besides eye gouging and ball kicking, could a seal do that lesnar isnt used to?

smurfx

get some go again
SpacLock said:
This is something that I would argue about with a friend when I was 12 years old. This thread is very, very stupid.

I'll bite anyway... I heard that during some part of the Seals training, they are required to be drowned/water boarded/etc. Ya know, the kind of stuff that would probably put a lot of hair on your peaches. Basically, the type of shit that would make Brock Lesnar curl up and cry.

Wow. I feel really strange even posting in this thread.
they do that so they can resist talking just in case they are captured and tortured. that kinda training would not make them somehow be able to take on a 300lb guy with insane power. you can't really train on how to take a powerful punch to the face. well you can train but you aren't going to last very long and you will have lots of brain damage.

Muddimar said:
Seals don't fight for points or to tap out. They fight to kill people. Pretty sure Brock would be missing an eye and his throat after stepping up to a Seal.
you really think mma fighters don't know how they can really hurt people? you act as if eye gouging or other dirty fighting techniques can only be learned by seals or is hard to pull off.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LCGeek said:
Special Armed Forces usually imply a lack of rules not a set of standards a former wrestler or mma fighter would have to abide by. Logistically brock and every other bad ass wannabe on this planet can't touch people who basically live to kill in the name of their country. I'd love to be proven wrong so set something up soon.
I think it takes more skill for a hulk like Brock to not kill someone in a fight.

Acerac

Banned
I like how people assume that just because you were in the WWE you can't fight. :)

All I'm gonna say is there may be somebody out there who can beat Brock 1v1... but if there is, they should probably switch professions. ;)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Acerac said:
I like how people assume that just because you were in the WWE you can't fight. :)

All I'm gonna say is there may be somebody out there who can beat Brock 1v1... but if there is, they should probably switch professions. ;)

Fedor's already a fighter.

MeLe

Neo Member
mcrae said:
sorry, what?

MMA fighters punch to take the opponent out. what exactly, besides eye gouging and ball kicking, could a seal do that lesnar isnt used to?
Didn't you know? MMA fighters always step into the cage thinking 'well, I could smack him in the face and end the fight now that he's open, but if I kick him on the knee with my right elbow i get the 3X bonus modifier and surpass Fedor in first place with 1.435 points'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom