• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i played it last night (demo) and was disappointed with the framerate. the iq is better than the console version though...which i find odd.

so, the framerate in the actual game is better?

Yeah, seemingly much much better

Edit: someone else do top of page this time

kiyomi

Twinduct said:
So any reason why I should bother switching on to check the store? (EU)

FF sale. I don't know if the Everybody's Tennis discount has gone, I meant to get that yesterday but forgot. :x

Skyzard

Banned
Downloaded the demo for Sonic Racing. Wow, is the game supposed to run at so low fps, or is it just the demo? It can't keep a solid 30 during the demo level.

The main game isn't rock solid either but you sort of get used to it. Quite passed hardly any games that actually need it are getting updates and improvements eg nfsmw and sonic racing transformed. Really putting me off full price purchased.

Btw I never played the demo, just don't assume everyone sees fps the same.

Derrick01

Banned
Sonic Racing is pretty damn fun but man I must suck at it really bad. I have the hardest time with most of these events on medium difficulty.

Twinduct

The main game isn't rock solid either but you sort of get used to it. Quite passed hardly any games that actually need it are getting updates and improvements eg nfsmw and sonic racing transformed. Really putting me off full price purchased.

Btw I never played the demo, just don't assume everyone sees fps the same.

Assume the numbers doesn't justify a patch. Oh well you get use to the slowmo in some parts.

Skyzard

Banned
Assume the numbers doesn't justify a patch. Oh, well you get use to the slowmo in some parts.

Probably but then the games aren't worth full price to me if there is no proper support. Tried making a fuss to Sega guys and also criterion myself (after asking nicely). I still can't really play online or connect to autolog with nfs due to all the freezing after adding people to friends list and the fps still needs boosting in sonic (as well as nfs) . Tried playing a race with that stage Sega of ages (I think-the one near the end where you start off on thin platforms and you slide down to laser fence thing). Continuous low fps makes is especially hard to not fall off. The rest of sonic isn't too bad and for most people it will be fine but to think they want to get away with not improving or boosting fps... Well it is going to leave a very negative memory.

It's like only classic remakes are safe to buy if you want certain standards. Also sorry for lots of spelling errors in previous post, auto correct on phone.

Twinduct

Probably but then the games aren't worth full price to me if there is no proper support. Tried making a fuss to Sega guys and also criterion myself (after asking nicely). I still can't really play online or connect to autolog with nfs due to all the freezing after adding people to friends list and the fps still needs boosting in sonic (as well as nfs) . Tried playing a race with that stage Sega of ages (I think-the one near the end where you start off on thin platforms and you slide down to laser fence thing). Continuous low fps makes is especially hard to not fall off. The rest of sonic isn't too bad and for most people it will be fine but to think they want to get away with not improving or boosting fps... Well it is going to leave a very negative memory.

It's like only classic remakes are safe to buy if you want certain standards. Also sorry for lots of spelling errors in previous post, auto correct on phone.

I agree completely, but the issue here is that you assume the dev/ publisher cares about their reputation on a platform that their not making money off of.

It's sucks, considering the effort that was put in for the game's launch.

Skyzard

Banned
^ yeah hah, don't let some empty trophies stop you, it's only a demo, definitely give it a try. The game itself is packed with content and is a lot of fun anyway. Not sure how the fps compares between the two but usually it's almost better or the same with demos. Those of you who didn't like the fps in the demo, are you usually particularly sensitive to it?

I agree completely, but the issue here is that you assume the dev/ publisher cares about their reputation on a platform that their not making money off of.

It's sucks, considering the effort that was put in for the game's launch.

They might not care but I'll make it my duty to remember and remind :p Otherwise I feel like they've fucked me and I don't like to let that go!

Skyzard

Banned
Lol at the last paragraph of that capcom thread.

I have some free space on Vita, I'll download the Sonic RT demo if it is up in EU and will compare fps later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom