• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I wasn't interested in this at all but the beta turned me into a believer. One of the most tactical MP experiences I've had in awhile.

I like what they're doing with the season pass too. Not splitting the playerbase with maps/operators/guns behind a paywall and offering other benefits instead. I'd like to see this approach more often.

Same experience for me, but I'm gonna wait and see how things shake out. Too many connection issues during the beta--otherwise, mostly had a blast playing with friends.

Broritos

I really want to Day 1 this but Ubisoft is pushing me back by being Ubisoft.

Thanks to GCU, I just might bite. Can't seem to find any better deals.

Door dlc?

I'd be completely ok with this lol.

Aw man, why'd you have to bring this up? lol.

It just seems like something that could have added another cool dynamic, right?! Have some steel doors and those steel barricades on windows that only some character with a huge swat-styled battering ram could bash in or something as well... Or opening doors quietly and sneaking in... locking doors with a certain number of keys given to defenders that are one use... paired with a character who can lock pick... under door snake cams... an attacker who can jam doors and lock defenders in rooms...

so many interesting possibilities if they'd just have included doors.

Broritos

It just seems like something that could have added another cool dynamic, right?! Have some steel doors and those steel barricades on windows that only some character with a huge swat-styled battering ram could bash in or something as well... Or opening doors quietly and sneaking in... locking doors with a certain number of keys given to defenders that are one use... paired with a character who can lock pick... under door snake cams... an attacker who can jam doors and lock defenders in rooms...

Hopefully this is why there aren't doors yet. They're going to be adding new Operators and maybe some of them specialize in doors.

patientx

I preloaded the game on uplay and waiting. Uplay seems to have improved since early days not much junk or never to be used stuff.

Now... When the game activates ? That is the question.

uncapped

Totally getting this on PC.. Enjoyed the beta thoroughly.. Also does not hurt that cdkeys.com is selling it for so cheap

Hopefully this is why there aren't doors yet. They're going to be adding new Operators and maybe some of them specialize in doors.

I hope so as well... but man would it be weird if all of a sudden the maps just sprouted doors all over the place... how much that would change even the most simple gameplay...

I hope it's the case... but i really can't see they adding them unfortunately :(

Jb

how come? I've read a few posts saying they're reliable?

There's a thread in the FAQ. Not 100% sure since there's no official list of banned sites that I could find but I was told on a previous thread that this was one of them.

There's a post on the front page about a DkS 3 deal on cdkeys right now lol

Hell I don't know, this whole thing's a mess. Maybe cdkeys is fine after all.

datamage

Oh, and my operator has a tactical advantage--

Rosct6K.jpg

uncapped

HMMM. thanks for the heads up guys.. guess buyer beware? although I'm inclined to believe they're ok from the little amount of research I've done. I'll have to dig a little more.

thanks for pointing this out

Archpath1

There is one guy,
Castle i think saw people reinforce door entries instead of that wood stuff

Gaz_RB

I really hope they let us customize Recruit guns in the full game, and not just Operator guns. No reason I shouldn't be able to put a scope on one of those guns.

There is one guy,
Castle i think saw people reinforce door entries instead of that wood stuff

Yeah, but Castle reinforces doorFRAMES (and windows) with bullet resistant material... we're talking about actual working doors, ya know? Not going to happen... but it would add some cool elements. Even something as little as adding in one or two randomly selected locked doors or squeaky doors that changed positions ever round would be bad ass and change things up dramatically!

SomTervo

I'm not talking about Counter Strike. I'm comparing it to other Rainbow Six games. Rainbow Six 3, Vegas 1 & 2.

Which were great games. I loved all of them (except Lockdown) and have completed all of them since the first one in 1998.

Siege is a different game. It's not going to just repeat what 3 and Vegas 1/2 did.

Also I mentioned Counter Strike because in my previous post my comparisons suggested Siege has a lot of similarities to Counter Strike, which is a classic. And you said 'guess some people settle for mediocrity'. Hence Counter Strike = mediocrity. You're sucking at rhetoric.

Yeah, but Castle reinforces doorFRAMES (and windows) with bullet resistant material... we're talking about actual working doors, ya know? Not going to happen... but it would add some cool elements. Even something as little as adding in one or two randomly selected locked doors or squeaky doors that changed positions ever round would be bad ass and change things up dramatically!

Doors would be wonderful. Was it Rogue Spear or Raven Shield that introduced mousewheel door opening?

Drewfonse

Moronic question: does this game track k/d ratio? I'm trying to break the habit of even thinking about k/d, especially in objective based games. Any chance I can remain oblivious to my ineptitude?😄

I loved the old Rainbows and honestly didn't know what to think of this. Was cautiously optimistic, at best, but after being totally disappointed by Star Wars, I find myself excited for this tomorrow after playing the beta a bunch with friends.

The PvP was solid, very tense. Terrorist Hunt was fun too, but I just wish there was a fully fleshed out coop campaign. Could have been awesome, but I'm reminded of one of the reasons why I felt so disenchanted with Star Wars: lack of content. With Battlefront, it's really the minimum amount of big maps for the premier modes that hurts the most. R6 seems to be launching with more maps, but the lack of modes is also apparent here.

Guess it just comes down to the gameplay, and I find R6 to be way more satisfying than Battlefront, which honestly feels shallow as hell. I'm just really surprised with how much fun my buddies and I have had over the weekend with this beta. Lots of tension, quick bursts of action, lots room for teamwork and planning...it almost feels like it captures the essence of those older titles. Still wish they gave us a challenging campaign to mess around with...

Tl;dr - Fuck it, my group and I plan on buying this tomorrow

Gaz_RB

Moronic question: does this game track k/d ratio? I'm trying to break the habit of even thinking about k/d, especially in objective based games. Any chance I can remain oblivious to my ineptitude?😄

I know for certain you can see it for Ranked, but I'm not sure if you can see it for Casual. I also know for sure that it can be tracked by operator as well.

Doors would be wonderful. Was it Rogue Spear or Raven Shield that introduced mousewheel door opening?

IDK but that sounds amazing! As much as i'm LOVING the game... i do wish there was a little more finesse or non destructive infiltration stuff.

Like howabout an operator who could silently remove boarded up windows/door frames... or one that could sprint and move silently for certain durations (on recharge)... even one who could "peak" through barriers of all sorts either by using a snake cam or by "peeling" back a corner of castles barricade or a plank of wood and replacing it to see into the room without making noise or showing too much of a visual clue...

Looks like GMG sold out. I just bought my copy on there and then went to tell a friend, he told me they were out of stock. Crazy.

Edit - They are back in stock now. 2:31PM EST.

Tried reedeming the code for the gold skin pack and it says invalid or already used.. Great start

Edit:I just realized that the game's release is tomorrow lol thats why i couldnt get the code to work and why I can't find a game looool

BBboy20

Perfect.

Anyone else buying this on pc?

Don't really want to play with randoms all the time
I got mine along with my graphics card.

Game's marketing is working.

Elba could sell me just about anything, lol.
I concur.

Two things really get on my nerves about this game. Why are certain weapons attatched to operators? Why not just have the ability locked to them and let me choose the weapon?

Why can't I choose which bloody map to play in private matches?
Dawngate-2014-04-26-18-09-42-41.jpg

Though, perhaps the Recruits actually can do that, at least, in the final build. Also, I do like that the Recruits look like Sixes from the old days.

Jackfrags made 5 videos that have some good gameplay tips and emphasize how much potential strategy the game contains if you put some thought into it. After being a little lukewarm on the competitive aspect of the game and not playing much in the betas im a bit more intrigued by it now

http://youtu.be/q3FGW2R2MEg

http://youtu.be/-0Z80uCwAsg

http://youtu.be/L-7td8lxNpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DKhK9SIyk

http://youtu.be/L9P8kwqAPqA
Can't believe I'm investing in a AAA Ubisoft game again.

Vire

All I want to know is how do you go from being a potential James Bond candidate to making Rainbow Six Siege commercials...

When is this unlocking on the us psn?

The game will become available to play at the following time:

01/12/2015

UTC - 05:00AM

AEDT - 16:00PM (Sydney, Melbourne)

EMEA, Middle-East and Africa

UTC - 05:00AM - (London, Dublin, Lisbon)
CET - 06:00AM - (Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin)
EET, CAT - 07:00AM - (Bucharest, Istanbul, Cairo)
MSK, AST, EAT - 08:00AM - (Moscow, Kuwait City, Riyadh)
GST - 09:00AM - (Dubai, Abu Dhabi)

North, Central and South America

PST - 21:00PM (30/11/2015)
CST - 23:00PM (30/11/2015
EST - 00:00AM
AMT - 01:00AM
BRT - 02:00AM
BRST - 03:00AM

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000024692

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Sure. Just never visit their website and never log in to check your status and you won't know :)

I can't beetles is like one of 4 games actually want to buy day one. Game is just quite nice..

Doors would be good and more flash bangs emphasis like good ole America's army.

Played the beta, it is way too easy to grief your own team, and what's the point of casual mode if it doesn't give you any cash or experience? Unless that was a bug.

I'd also much prefer they get rid of the whole setup phase for the attackers, the bomb can only be in prefab locations and even then you know where it is located just by seeing where the defenders are running around in. There also seems to clearly be superior locations to put the bomb that have the least amount of entrances that everyone votes for, so just sit in there with the shotgun and wait.

Drewfonse

Played the beta, it is way too easy to grief your own team, and what's the point of casual mode if it doesn't give you any cash or experience? Unless that was a bug.

I'd also much prefer they get rid of the whole setup phase for the attackers, the bomb can only be in prefab locations and even then you know where it is located just by seeing where the defenders are running around in. There also seems to clearly be superior locations to put the bomb that have the least amount of entrances that everyone votes for, so just sit in there with the shotgun and wait.

No experience for Casual mode???

Tapejara

I think the experience thing was a bug. I mostly played casual mode and a few rounds of terrorist hunt and I was able to get to rank 5 in the beta. There were some matches I didn't earn XP in for some reason, but I'm not sure why that was.

Top Bottom