• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

m5zjWFZ.png

There seems to be a demand for a PlayStation Vita wallpaper thread, and I since I had already started converting some
launch title artwork into PlayStation Vita wallpapers, I thought, what the hell? I also have an iPhone 4 wallpaper thread here,
so I might start converting some of those into the right resolution for use on the PlayStation Vita. I'm a wallpaper whore. :D

The resolution of the beautiful 5-inch OLED screen is 960x544, so make sure that your wallpapers match this resolution.
Please quote your images when you post, it makes it a lot easier for people browsing, especially on a mobile device.

Please contribute! I'll be updating the thread with wallpapers I've created or converted, but I'd love to see what
everyone else is using on their Vita. Got any good PlayStation Vita wallpaper links? Share them!

How do I get wallpapers onto my PlayStation Vita?
Easiest way is browsing this thread and saving an image onto your Vita. The best way to browse NeoGAF on a
mobile device is through the NeoGAF web app.

You can also transfer images to your Vita via the Content Manager, by hooking up your Vita via USB to a PC.
Here is a great video detailing how to transfer files to and from your PlayStation Vita.
Video Tutorial: How to transfer files to/from PlayStation Vita

How do I change the lock screen/home screen wallpaper?
Video Tutorial: Changing wallpapers/lock screen, icon placement and more!
Customizing your home screen
Getting the most out of your photos

Need to upload a PlayStation Vita wallpaper?
http://www.mediafire.com
http://imgur.com/
http://postimage.org/

PlayStation Vita Wallpaper Sites:
http://vita-wallpapers.com/ (Site by Gaffer brettchalupa)
http://freevitathemes.com/ (Site by Gaffer Otezz)
http://vitawallpapers.tumblr.com/ (All my contributions)

PlayStation Vita Wallpaper Templates:
Complete PlayStation Vita Template
Home Screen Template
Lock Screen Template

magicaltrevor's PlayStation Vita Sidebar Themes:
Abstract Pack: With Template / Without Template
Nature Pack: With Template / Without Template

kitchenmotor's PlayStation Vita Flow Theme (based on magicaltrevor's Sidebar Theme):
Flow Pack: PlayStation Vita Flow Theme

orioto's video game art now as Vita Wallpapers:
http://orioto.free.fr//Prints/Vita/

Artwork based on some of the launch/near launch titles.

Some lock screen wallpapers.

Here is a Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary artwork collection for multiple pages. Original art by AG+, it's really quite amazing.

Here is a Xenoblade Chronicles collection for multiple pages.

Final Fantasy Type-0 collection for multiple pages.

Chrono Trigger collection for multiple pages created by m0dus.

Okay, First of hopefully many: Finally had something to do with that huge CT image I created :) The START screen is first, followed by the walls (x4)

6919235251_d41d167899_b.jpg

6919234063_acf150651e_b.jpg

6773118110_df08fdc781_b.jpg

6773118476_a9ce87e5fa_b.jpg

6773118860_d47428f5f3_b.jpg

Some more PlayStation Vita wallpapers.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It begin, began, and begets. Will be returning here semi regularly. If Modus has a thread for his or Orioto does something in a separate thread, I hope they post it here too.

ranmafan

Great job with the thread. Been wanting to change my vita wallpaper for over a month now but haven't for some reason. There are some great ones here.

Sure, by all means feel free to add them to your site. I posted a link to your site in the OP with a credit. :)

The next 2 days are going to be torture, haha. Already got my 32GB memory card. :(

Thanks! And I know, it's been quite the wait. I figured I mine as well do something constructive while I wait for the Vita. :)

I really love how you can have a bunch of different backgrounds with the different spaces on the dashboard. When the Vita was first revealed, I didn't care too much for the UI. After a few months and seeing it in action, I definitely do like it. It's super slick.

Holy Hell this is such a great idea, I hope future gafers will make an Anime themed wallpaper.

I have a bunch of anime themed wallpapers coming soon (tonight, tomorrow, etc. before launch). Any specific show you'd like to see them from?

Thanks! And I know, it's been quite the wait. I figured I mine as well do something constructive while I wait for the Vita. :)

I really love how you can have a bunch of different backgrounds with the different spaces on the dashboard. When the Vita was first revealed, I didn't care too much for the UI. After a few months and seeing it in action, I definitely do like it. It's super slick.

I agree, after being able to play with the UI a bit more, it has grown on me.

edit:crap upload my bad one I fix sooner or later

Love it. Saved.

I wonder if there's going to be a trend of multi-page wallpapers?

I think I seen one on that Spanish site where 3 wallpapers actually connect, so you use them on different screens.

*cough*

(nods to avatar)

I'm a huge Trigun fan, and I have dozens of great Trigun wallpapers. I will most definitely be adding them to the site.

I wonder if there's going to be a trend of multi-page wallpapers?

I think I seen one on that Spanish site where 3 wallpapers actually connect, so you use them on different screens.

I really like this idea. I will break down a larger image into three different ones and see if people like it.

KillGore

I have a bunch of anime themed wallpapers coming soon (tonight, tomorrow, etc. before launch). Any specific show you'd like to see them from?

Yes!! I wouldn't mind some of One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, DragonBall/Z/GT, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Full Metal Alchemist, Gungrave, Yu Yu Hakusho, Afro Samurai, Buso Renkin, Devil May Cry, Hellsing, High School of the Dead, Initial D, Hunter x Hunter, Inuyasha, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Zoids, amongst other things lol

Obviously I'm not asking you to post all of this but even with 1 of those, I would be eternally grateful!

Duffyside

Banned

Make me a Rurouni Kenshin wallpaper involving Shishio and Kenshin clashing swords and I will love you forever.

Make me one from Cowboy Bebop where Spike and Vicious are in the church and I will like you for a long time.

Guevara

This may be the first thing I do with my Vita (or disable the menu music!)

Anyone know if the icons/ buttons will be replaceable?

Good idea or a thread, btw.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can I customize it to where I have the non-horrible XMB back instead of the eye searing bubbles? No? :(

Here is an update of new wallpapers I've uploaded.

Any new ones I find or make and upload to the site, I will post in this thread (if they're not repeats!).

Hopefully we'll see dynamic themes down the line. There are lots of nice custom ones for the PS3 out there.

I was just thinking, "I wonder when we'll see Dynamic Themes." :) Hopefully soon, I think that developers/publishers could make some really neat ones.

Top Bottom