• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

JambiBum

Quick question, do we just use our normal Windows Live ID for ExpertZone if we aren't making a dummy account? I keep trying to make a new ID, but I keep getting errors from Windows Live so I'm wondering if its just easier to use my existing one.

Yeah if you want to keep it then just use your normal ID.

Also, I'll post the main menu music in a little bit. It's going to be cell phone quality and not a straight rip though.

scarybore

Wish someone would post the main menu music.

My download hasn't finished yet, but is it the same music from when the demo leaked? If so it's from Arrival and can be found easily enough on youtube.

Wish I knew how much I've downloaded. Just like when I downloaded the Halo Reach demo, the percentage has been 99% from the start of the download which is such a damn tease!

Lakitu

st5fu
My download hasn't finished yet, but is it the same music from when the demo leaked? If so it's from Arrival and can be found easily enough on youtube.

Wish I knew how much I've downloaded. Just like when I downloaded the Halo Reach demo, the percentage has been 99% from the start of the download which is such a damn tease!

It's a new piece composed by Sam Hullick.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Just redeemed my code from ExpertZone which I got literally 30 seconds ago, still works if you pick US as region and then Wal-Mart. The code can be redeemed on EU XBL accounts as well (universal I'm guessing).

Gartooth

Yeah if you want to keep it then just use your normal ID.

Also, I'll post the main menu music in a little bit. It's going to be cell phone quality and not a straight rip though.

Thanks, I managed to get a code, so I won't have to wait for a dummy account now! Its download time.

Gambit61

Yeah, I'm gonna give it one more shot. Made a dummy account and got 100% on the quiz but the code page won't even load for me, I just get sent back to the main expertzone page.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Same here, tried two times actually but no code. Like I wrote before, the dummy account would be appreciated when it's free

I have you on the list already. :p

I'm going to have a thread up when my DL finishes so I can send the info out, I'm at 78%.

It's a fun demo. Does feel like ME1. It's too bad the facial animations are really bad, some of the major scenes don't resonate with me because of it.

Dennis

Banned
So many GAF threads.

As far as I know, Mass Effect isn't that big a franchise in terms of sales for each game but the attention from hardcore gamers and the shamelessly fawning games media is certainly there.

Kaizer

Banned
Finally got it to work. I had to make a second live id and expertzone account, then redo the quiz for a fifth time, but it worked in IE.

JambiBum

You can turn the difficulty to insanity for the demo. Gonna try that out. And unfortunately, no stream from me. I don't have my stuff to stream with here.

Also, you can turn your helmet off for conversations now. Including your for your squad.

Damn, I'm gonna have to try and get my hands on it tomorrow if it's that easy. If anyone has a code they're not using, that too would be much appreciated.

rozay

Banned
MUSIC IS SO GOOD

Also, fantastic news-all the hair styles in the femshep voting contest seem to be in the character creator and they're not as plasticy as the ME2 styles!

Pat

I was wondering if there is a Xbox360 controller option in the PC version?

And yeah, can't wait for the OST. The first two were astounding.

Cetra

Music is WAY fucking better than ME2. It's leaning more towards the ME1 OST. The bits done by Clint Mansel fit right in there. There's a bit near the end of the first chunk of the demo were the music and sound effects come together to awesome effect. Gave me chills. Amazing sound work all around.

Gameplay, better than ME2 and in some respects more like ME1. Cooldowns seem a lot shorter over all.

Hearing Hale doing new FemShep stuff is badass.

Can't fucking wait, this is gonna be awesome.

Mass Effect and the Souls games. Best shit from this gen bar none.

scarybore

Imported my femshep using the face code from ME2, looks a bit off from how I remember but that's probably due to engine/detail improvements.

Music is pretty sweet so far.

I was wondering if there is a Xbox360 controller option in the PC version?

I read recently on the Bioware forums that the answer to this is no, which is just lazy.

Music is WAY fucking better than ME2. It's leaning more towards the ME1 OST. The bits done by Clint Mansel fit right in there. There's a bit near the end of the first chunk of the demo were the music and sound effects come together to awesome effect. Gave me chills. Amazing sound work all around.

Gameplay, better than ME2 and in some respects more like ME1. Cooldowns seem a lot shorter over all.

Hearing Hale doing new FemShep stuff is badass.

Can't fucking wait, this is gonna be awesome.

Mass Effect and the Souls games. Best shit from this gen bar none.

This comment has me incredibly excited, at least to hear the soundtrack. Overall I was really disappointed with ME2s soundtrack...

KKRT00

Can You record that? Because i havent heard so far any ME like music from samples we got.

Ps. I loved ME 2 OST, especially Samara track. I was listening to it for like 2 week non stop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcsTxQpwGU&feature=fvst

Top Bottom