• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Alan Wake Titled 'Night Springs'; For XBLA. [Website Images Appear]

AntiTout said:
Sounds like an immense and maximum fail, from retail to xbla. Weird.
I don't see your point. Are you saying people can't make money on XBLA? Also we have no details on what this game actually is. It could just be a side project.

AntiTout said:
Sounds like an immense and maximum fail, from retail to xbla. Weird.

Or it could be something like what Capcom did with Dead Rising Case Zero?

This could be released on XBLA in 2011, with Alan Wake 2 in 2012 for example.

derFeef

Mr. B Natural said:
Dear gamers and game developers,

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.
Wow, why does it stirr you up so much? I thought the episodes were great and not poking fun at them at all. Its a little distraction, meant to be amateurish and maybe funny.

NateDrake said:
How does an XBLA game reach people that never played Alan Wake or anything that Remedy said about this game? This is getting interesting and it better be at E3.

Say it is XBLA, couldn't the trusted source just be someone with access to PartnerNet? Assuming the game may have appeared on it.

As the story said we can't really give any specfic details but I will just say while we are still a fairly new/small site we ourselves have access to PartnerNet so that's not where this is coming from.

(In case it wasn't clear, I write for XBLAFans)

derFeef said:
Wow, why does it stirr you up so much? I thought the episodes were great and not poking fun at them at all. Its a little distraction, meant to be amateurish and maybe funny.
Yeah I felt the same way.

Neuromancer said:
I don't see your point. Are you saying people can't make money on XBLA? Also we have no details on what this game actually is. It could just be a side project.
It is a side project. When they announced it they said it isn't Alan Wake 2, and it's only being worked on by a slice of the team. One can assume the rest of the team are working on Alan Wake 2.

Mr. B Natural said:

just because you reference something that IS good doesn't make your product good. The twilight zone homages in Alan Wake were abysmal . I love the twilight zone; therefore, when you create a homage to it that is clearly not meant to make fun of twilight zone and yet does only that, you look LESS talented, not more talented. It makes me say "Wow, rod serling was very talented and clever, you are not."

If you're gonna try to take homage to Gretzky, you better at least know how to tie your skates.
you do realize the episodes of night springs were supposed to be really horrible right?

Even if this is an XBLA spin off, I'm still hyped! I loved Alan Wake, and it would be amazing if they announced a sequel during E3. I still regret not buying the SE.

InaudibleWhispa said:
It is a side project. When they announced it they said it isn't Alan Wake 2, and it's only being worked on by a slice of the team. One can assume the rest of the team are working on Alan Wake 2.
Well there you have it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. B Natural said:

I've seen quite a few Twilight Zone episodes and I'd say it was a great homage. One of my favorite bits in the game.

V_Arnold

KAL2006 said:
No my complaint here was I thought 360 is getting this game and no Alan Wake 2, which before I thought 360 is getting Alan Wake 2. Obviously a full sequel is more exciting than a XBLA spin off, however one of the other posters corrected me and said Remedy is likely making Alan Wake 2 as well, so guess if the other poster is right then I retract my point.

Fun fact: XBLA Alan Wake != No Alan Wake 2 in development ;)
So really, as you said, no point in complaining. Ignore it if you want, but AW2 might or might not come regardless.

Frankfurt

Banned
The minute the cheesy-ass actor with awfully bad dubbing said "quantum suicide" i knew I was going to love Night Springs. I just hope the hilarious narrator is back for whatever this is.

V_Arnold said:
Fun fact: XBLA Alan Wake != No Alan Wake 2 in development ;)
So really, as you said, no point in complaining. Ignore it if you want, but AW2 might or might not come regardless.

Pretty sure Remedy mentioned that Alan Wake 2 does exist, but it's not their next game. That this would be their next game.

PooBone

This brings a breath of fresh air to my worry about the series. First I was scared it didn't sell enough and wouldn't get a sequel, then I worry that the next game is going to be a Kinect port of the original. Now the best news that could have come, a stopgap downloadable game with NEW content. :)

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be buying it but I'm still inquisitive to what it might be. I don't want it to be as bad as Dead Space: Ignition or Red Faction Battlegrounds.

PooBone

Dr Eggman said:
I'll be buying it but I'm still inquisitive to what it might be. I don't want it to be as bad as Dead Space: Ignition or Red Faction Battlegrounds.
A good point, but if Remedy's developing it I have faith, seeing as how both those games came from different studios than EA Redwood/Volition.

Spiegel

1ZLdt.jpg

BR68C.jpg

hUmj5.jpg

Hixx

The images are titled 'browsergame'.

A flash game or something might pop up at E3 to go along with whatever is announced then.

derFeef

HixxSAFC said:
The images are titled 'browsergame'.

A flash game or something might pop up at E3 to go along with whatever is announced then.
Yes, my thought as well. Or... it's just a fan project and not connected to remedy at all, who knows ;)

Thanks for hosting, Spiegel!

I'm disappointed we haven't heard anything about this at E3. Microsoft was supposedly supposed to "serve the hardcore" with Kinect games at E3 and I expected this to at least be a morsel of one since it's rumored to use Kinect. And I enjoyed the first Alan Wake. So not seeing it sucks.

GavinGT

Banned
I wonder if Night Springs is just the first Alan Wake but on rails and with Kinect suppport.

Something that lame doesn't get announced at E3.

EDIT: shit wrong Alan Wake thread.

MMaRsu

Banned
GavinGT said:
I wonder if Night Springs is just the first Alan Wake but on rails and with Kinect suppport.

Something that lame doesn't get announced at E3.

EDIT: shit wrong Alan Wake thread.

Lol that would actually never happen.

Top Bottom