• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots From Assassins Creed 3 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

This looks very much the ACII and its spinoffs which is slightly disappointing.

It's looking like there will be a lot more emphasis on areas outside of the cities than there previously was.

It makes sense, too. Not only is the setting perfect for areas such as forests, mountains, etc, but since the cities themselves of the time are less substantial than previous AC ones in terms of architecture, it ideally affords Ubi more of an opportunity to work on other things.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't really get what they're going for. So there are going to be a bunch of empty fields? How will that work when the stealth system is so busted and requires complicated environmental traversal to work?

rataven

01J2Q.jpg

Heh. Somebody in the other thread was hoping we'd be able to do an ambush like the scene in The Patriot.

o_o

Looks like he may have something in his hand? Return of bombs from Rev, perhaps?

TriGen

I stopped playing AC series halfway through AC 2, though... I should really get on that before this one :/ I loved AC 1 but the second didn't really hold my interest in the same way.

I had the same experience, it seems like AC3 might bring back on board though.

Hey, maybe if enough people complain they'll change the design ala inFamous2

I mean, the assassins had to ditch the hood at some point in history right?

kodt

Banned
Damn, guess I have to play the AC series now...

Should I skip AC1? I played like fourth of the way through and got bored. That's why I never moved on to the rest.

I do wonder if this assassin can go all ezio and chain kill a platoon in a few secs.

Maybe change up some animations like traversal animations.

Idk. This looks a hell lot like asscreed. That's about it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man this is gonna look glorious on PC.

Ever since the bit where you chased the priest through the church in the rain in Brohood I have been wanting proper weather stuff too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
so funny seeing all the positive replies here after all the negativity when it was first rumored to be in colonial america.
Yep, the cyclical knee-jerk reactions were getting tiring. I can't see how the team at Ubi would choose this setting between all the options available without having good ideas to go with it. Looking forward to the teaser that will shed some light on the new features.

edit: The assassin needs to have some other kind of disguise. The cowl isn't making much sense.

edit 2: lol, it would have helped to done a forum search.

massoluk

Banned
quoting myself,

I can totally dig Parkour action in the woods, climbing trees, hiding in the mud, avoiding the British, assassinating British generals, hearing John Adams and Thomas Jefferson bickering, fighting with George Washington, with Ben Franklin as crazy inventor substitute for Leonardo.

Yeah that last picture looks almost ripped directly out of The Patriot, except with a white hooded man. The white hoodie really stands out in the American setting but I'm intrigued to see how it goes.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks absolutely amazing, but does this one pic in particular not look shopped to hell and back? Looks like the guy in colonial garb was just 'placed' there, if you know what I mean.

Wwfnk.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
These look pretty great and, at least from this selection of screenshots, look to shake up the gameplay of the series by taking it out of being solely in cities and moving around to other environments. I'm a hell of a lot more interested in this than I was in Bro or Rev when they were announced.

Just thinking of the possibilities now make me incredibly excited for the game.

I haven't played the two sidequels yet, but AC1 and 2 had terrible looking areas outside the city.
AC2 was a beautiful game, but the shit outside of the cities...PS2-quality
I really hope these aren't bullshots and they improved the stuff in the surrounding areas

Derrick01

Banned
It's hard to say whether or not this takes place during the American Revolution or during the French & Indian Wars. The man in the blue waistcoat the assassin is attacking could either be an American general or a French one.

I'm leaning toward the American Revolution, since prior to the French Revolution France's uniforms were often white rather than blue.

edit: The assassin needs to have some other kind of disguise. The cowl isn't making much sense.

I'll help you figure it out.

What is more marketable and just overall more interesting? The French and Indian Wars? Or the war that made America?

Labadal

Nice. Game looks good and playing some more Assassin's Creed will be fun. (Played I & II, skipped Brotherhood and Revelations to not burn myself on the series.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
These look pretty great and, at least from this selection of screenshots, look to shake up the gameplay of the series by taking it out of being solely in cities and moving around to other environments. I'm a hell of a lot more interested in this than I was in Bro or Rev when they were announced.

If the focus has indeed shifted even somewhat from cities to landscapes, it would surely mean Ubi have (finally) brought back the player-driven approach to assassinations last seen in the original game.

Shito

Where the haters at? They were all over the previous thread.
Still don't like it, still for the same reasons: ugly and small buildings, boring architecture, crappy nature.
But then again, I didn't like Red Dead Revolver.
Have fun with this one, GAF, hopefully I'll come back for AC4's London or Paris! :)

Floex

How is he going to blend into the surroundings with a costume like that? It looks nothing like anything from that period

Does look lovely though, even for bullshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom