• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inafune was doing a tour in Spain for DR2 and he said this about RE6, first quote in Spanish, second quote machine translation.

Dado el gran éxito que supuso para nosotros Resident Evil 5, queremos que Resident Evil 6 salga al mercado lo antes posible. De hecho, tendréis noticias de Capcom acerca de esto en breve…

Given the great success that supposed for us Resident Evil 5, we want that Resident Evil 6 leaves as rapidly as possible to the market. In fact, you will shortly have the news of Capcom about this…

Source (Inafune interview at 3D juegos)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Cool, thanks for the update. So judging by that they see what they did with RE5 as being successful and will probably make RE6 a similar game, which is fine by me.

sykoex said:
Cool, thanks for the update. So judging by that they see what they did with RE5 as being successful and will probably make RE6 a similar game, which is fine by me.

They said that RE6 would be different, so seems like they're pulling another RE4 on the series.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He DID dodge the missile so it's quite obvious RE6 is in the making.

If you say anything else, you're wrong. I've watched that part in hyper rapid slow motion in x5, x10 and x20 zoom over 50 times and I can confirm it.

Raide

Hopefully they forget 4 and 5 ever happened and actually make a Resident Evil with Survival and Horror in it. :lol

Gomu Gomu

From that quote, it sounds like all that 'reboot' talk is thrown out the window. I hope we see a different game than RE5, which was an enjoyable shooter but a very crappy RE game.

stilgar

Deepack said:
Didn't Konami announce RE5 at TGS?

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

Luigiv

Wouldn't be surprised. It's been over a year since RE5 and Capcom is no stranger to announcing their RE games early.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Raide said:
Hopefully they forget 4 and 5 ever happened and actually make a Resident Evil with Survival and Horror in it. :lol
I was hoping there'd still be hope for games like that on handhelds but judging by that RE 3DS trailer I'm not so sure now.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Raide said:
forget resident evil 4?

FORGET RESIDENT EVIL 4?

I DON'T THINK SO BUDDY.

Great. I'd like to see a combination of all the games. The fear and the isolation of the first game, the humor and setpieces of 4, the weapons and inventory of 5, I've got lots of ideas.

Denzar

@cvxfreak:

Ah, I thought they showed the first trailer at TGS. My mistake.

I do hope they stay away form the RE5 formula... It was a good game and all, but I want to see something different for the franchise. I guess we will never see a return to form like RE4 was back in the day, but we can hope...Right?

Raide

ChoklitReign said:
Great. I'd like to see a combination of all the games. The fear and the isolation of the first game, the humor and setpieces of 4, the weapons and inventory of 5, I've got lots of ideas.

Add in a reworked co-op from the File series and you have a perfect Resi game.

I hope they don't take the racism feature away from the series now that they finally put it in.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Diablohead said:
Resident Evil the MMO based in Racoon City, i'd buy it.
Everyone plays as a zombie and people like Claire and Leon are raid bosses. Tyrants are quest givers.

so1337

-COOLIO- said:
forget resident evil 4?

FORGET RESIDENT EVIL 4?

I DON'T THINK SO BUDDY.
I wish I could forget Resident Evil 4.

So I could expierence the sheer awesomeness all over again.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I hope they allow you to actually move and shoot in the new game, would add a whole load to it.. sorry dead Psace has spoiled me

bomb_jack

It doesn't matter what they show as Resident Evil 6 initially, going by every other RE game we'll end up with something completely different in the end.

Lakitu

st5fu
You know, I hope they go back to the basics on this one. Return it to it's survival horror roots Capcom. I hope this is true anyway.

Nemesis_

bomb_jack said:
It doesn't matter what they show as Resident Evil 6 initially, going by every other RE game we'll end up with something completely different in the end.

RE5 was almost the same as what was originally shown.

Haunted

A return to survival horror is pretty much impossible for the mainline series at this point.

Oh well. Fairly certain it's going to be another competent action shooter. Surprise me, Capcom!

Nemesis556 said:
RE5 was almost the same as what was originally shown.
Not really. The first trailer gave the idea that the game would have some sort of systems tied to daylight. Also Chirs looked less beefy and there was no indication of co-op. Sure the actual game looks like it's still related to that trailer, but the trailer gives the impression they had a few diffrent ideas for 5 that didn't happen.

Blueblur1

I'm hoping for something different as well. And I hope the story focuses more on the event going on and not some flashbacks that isn't are as interesting.

Rahxephon91 said:
Not really. The first trailer gave the idea that the game would have some sort of systems tied to daylight. Also Chirs looked less beefy and there was no indication of co-op. Sure the actual game looks like it's still related to that trailer, but the trailer gives the impression they had a few diffrent ideas for 5 that didn't happen.

Indeed. I think they even went as far as saying that dehydration would be a factor that would make Chris hallucinate and become a source of horror. I think they even mentioned that the Hook man from the concept RE4 trailer would make an appearance.

The zombies would also attack Chris overwhelmingly, in large groups. I guess they had to cut this for the console versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom