• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment coming to PS3/PSP PSN via PSone classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
El7m73b.png

bigkrev

Smarter solution than localizing and releasing a PSP game in 2013. Hope they don't try charging more than $10 though

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Smarter solution than localizing and releasing a PSP game in 2013. Hope they don't try charging more than $10 though

I don't think there has been a PSone game that costed over $9.99 (although JP has $15 ones, the Final Fantasy titles).

This is some good news. I'll probably end up getting it just to see how the game is, even though I've already seen the story of the game. Of course I'm sure it'll be better to experience the story for myself.

pirata

Complete with its old, not-very-good localization? Also, from the little of it I've played, if the VAs for Katsuya and Ulala aren't the same as Brock and Misty from the English Pokemon anime, then I'm the King of England.

ULTROS!

Are there meaningful differences between this and the PSP version?

I believe this game is harder than the PSP version (going by Innocent Sin, it has an easy mode).

kunonabi

easily the best game in the series. i still have the original release but i will double dip for my psp. i wish they had done the same with the first one instead of the atrocious remake they put out.

I believe this game is harder than the PSP version (going by Innocent Sin, it has an easy mode).

Eternal Punishment PSP had proper balancing, and Hard mode was harder than the PS1 version. Also the new content is very worthwhile and cool, unlike ISP. Tons of new bosses, most of them Eldrich/Lovecraftian in nature, man those Tatsuya Scenarios were so cool.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, that's a bit of a cop-out.

Still got the PS1 version, so obviously, I'm not buying this, but uh... yeah. Guess this is their way of saying the PSP version ain't happening. For realz.

I bought this on the original release, but it was way too obtuse for me to get through. Demon negotiation seemed to be completely random, for instance.

It was my first SMT game, maybe I'll give it another shot this time.

Well, that's a bit of a cop-out.

Still got the PS1 version, so obviously, I'm not buying this, but uh... yeah. Guess this is their way of saying the PSP version ain't happening. For realz.

Maybe not. Isn't Persona 3 FES a PS2 classic? This might just be a way of gauging whether or not an "updated" version is financially viable for the US.

Velcro Fly

They could have just as easily given us nothing and continued to say nothing.

At least now I'll be able to play the game without paying $100 for the original release.

Midou

Changes always seemed kind of minimal anyways. Localization of PSP one would have been nice, and I imagine fairly easy with translation already done, but probably not gonna sell at all on the PSP at this point..

Changes always seemed kind of minimal anyways. Localization of PSP one would have been nice, and I imagine fairly easy with translation already done, but probably not gonna sell at all on the PSP at this point..

The new content was actually worthwhile in EPP compared to ISP, also things carried over with your save from ISP to ESP

Takao

Banned
We live in a world where Aksys announced the localization of a dating sim with Keiji Inafune's niece, but Atlus is afraid to localize a remake in their star franchise on the same platform.

We live in a very strange world.

Better than nothing, and PSV can stand for Persona Vita at last.

Roto13

I haven't bothered to play Persona 1 and 2 PSP because I didn't want to miss out on the second Persona 2, but this will do. I'd rather play the PSP version, but I can live with this.

Tizoc

Nice...I'll grab it when it goes on sale. After the Persona 4 Arena debacle with EU, I'm avoiding getting any of their titles at full price =P

...and people saying 'Screw you Atlus' over this will be showering them with love when Persona 5 gets announced.

SMT: Nocturne as well please. My BC PS3 is on its last legs.

I got a feeling Nocturne won't hit PSN for a while. If I'm not mistaken, the Raidou version never got localized and they'd probably have to renegotiate with Capcom over Dante's appearance.

Jarlaxle

I'm a pretty big fan of JRPG's and I've never played a Persona game (I know).

Would this be a good starting off point or should I just jump to Persona 3?

I'm a pretty big fan of JRPG's and I've never played a Persona game (I know).

Would this be a good starting off point or should I just jump to Persona 3?

p1 and 2 and the modern p3 and 4 are completely different. It is also a story sequel to Persona 2 Innocent Sin, so I would not start here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom