• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
9naHiDy.gif
9naHiDy.gif

9naHiDy.gif
9naHiDy.gif

It's that time again, where the losers of the season come in and talk about how "next year" is their year.

Free Agent List

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have suggestions on signing an entire rotation and bullpen in the offseason?

Trade Dozier.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted this before in the MLB thread:

Jon Heyman - Top 30 Free Agents And Early Contract Guesses

1) Yoenis Cespedes - $100M, 4 years.
2) Edwin Encarnacion - $80M, 4 years.
3) Wilson Ramos - $68M, 4 years.
4) Ian Desmond - $64M, 4 years.
5) Jose Bautista - $60M, 3 years.
6) Justin Turner - $60M, 4 years.
7) Aroldis Chapman - $50M, 3 years.
8) Rich Hill - $50M, 3 years.
9) Kenley Jansen - $50M, 4 years.
10) Mark Trumbo - $45M, 3 years.

Malo

Banned
Offseason wishlist:

Trade McCann
Sign a reliever (preferably Chapman)
Acquire a starting pitcher
Pray to the baseball gods and trade Tacoby

RBH

#Braves will interview Bud Black, Ron Washington, possibly 2-3 others. Already interviewed Brian Snitker and in-house Eddie Perez, Terry Pendleton, Bo Porter

#Braves no longer looking for a starting 3B, after Adonis Garcia improvement during season

#Braves have starting pitching as top priority, at least 2 and possibly 3 added, Coppy said. Still looking for catcher to pair with Flowers
https://twitter.com/DOBrienAJC

Mortemis

Banned
Off-season time! Ms have had best attendance for the last 15 years, never late.

I really don't want us to get any free agents, just gotta make clever trades and I'll hope they don't do something like trade for a fuck boy like Steve clevenger or trade away Kyle Lewis.

Chris R

Off-season time! Ms have had best attendance for the last 15 years, never late.

I really don't want us to get any free agents, just gotta make clever trades and I'll hope they don't do something like trade for a fuck boy like Steve clevenger or trade away Kyle Lewis.

DHL is going away it seems :( Oh well.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Thank you for your service, Dave Stewart, you will be remembered.

Also, boy am I glad that they decided to cancel the playoffs this year. I really wasn't feeling up to it.

It's actually really appalling that TLR destroyed that team and fired the buddies he hired to cover for him after the fact.

Chip Hale did a pretty decent job with the roster he was given.

I don't get that one. They improved vastly last year at hitting. Can't you attribute a lot of that to Bonds?

Someone will pick him up.

I wonder if Barry Bonds is legit - maybe he could teach Sanchez/Bird/Austin/Judge/Frazier a thing or two (or hook them up with some "gummies").

Yankees gotta eat some of McCann's deal to move him; same with Ellsbury if possible. Gardner should be easier to move.

I'd love it if they could re-acquire Chapman, and get a starter or two. After that...whatever. Let the chips fall where they may. We're coming for MLB in 2019 anyway.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater
SLATER SCOOP: Besides Barry Bonds, Marlins also let go of Lenny Harris (3B coach) and Reid Cornelius (bullpen coach), sources say.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bonds gonna come home and do a stint in the SF minor league system to prep him to be Bochy's replacement!

Mortemis

Banned
DHL is going away it seems :( Oh well.

Hope they bring him back, our 1B situation is a mess, and with the vote still out on Vogelbach I'd still want him around next year. They should be able to bring him back, unless he wants to go back to Japan and get paid there.

Chris R

Hope they bring him back, our 1B situation is a mess, and with the vote still out on Vogelbach I'd still want him around next year. They should be able to bring him back, unless he wants to go back to Japan and get paid there.

Vogelbach looked raw when he was playing last month.

Not terrible, just unrefined. He could stand to lose 20lb too.

Also, anyone else not watch postseason stuff if your team is out or am I just strange like that?

Mortemis

Banned
Vogelbach looked raw when he was playing last month.

Not terrible, just unrefined. He could stand to lose 20lb too.

Also, anyone else not watch postseason stuff if your team is out or am I just strange like that?

Yeah, I'm not counting Vogelbach out, just that I'm not sure I want to roll into next season with him as our only first baseman. DHL bats the opposite of him, has a great glove for a big guy, and would be great to keep.

When will the Angels let Mike go? It's time. The team needs to move on

The Angels will never let go of Trout, as Frozen has said. But I believe it's because he is such a generational talent that trading for one current stud of a player, or one prospect simply isn't getting enough on return for him.

There was an article posted in the main thread a little while ago about a possible trade of the Rome Braves to the Angels for Trout. That's about the only thing that could even come close to being a good trade for Trout if you are the Angels or any other team.

Mortemis

Banned
The Angels will never let go of Trout, as Frozen has said. But I believe it's because he is such a generational talent that trading for one current stud of a player, or one prospect simply isn't getting enough on return for him.

There was an article posted in the main thread a little while ago about a possible trade of the Rome Braves to the Angels for Trout. That's about the only thing that could even come close to being a good trade for Trout if you are the Angels or any other team.

Think they're talking about Scioscia. In which case he ain't going anywhere. If you as a manager can get a GM fired, you won't be going anywhere.

I was talking about the manager

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I believe Atlanta could make a compelling offer for Trout. But if he's on the market, I'm positive another team like the Dodgers or Red Sox could beat them. Actually, probably just those teams. Maybe the Twins if you really like Buxton and they're also willing to give up Sano plus others.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I believe Atlanta could make a compelling offer for Trout. But if he's on the market, I'm positive another team like the Dodgers or Red Sox could beat them. Actually, probably just those teams. Maybe the Twins if you really like Buxton and they're also willing to give up Sano plus others.

Yankees gonna get both Trout and Harper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom