• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus' GodMode - "Retro shooter action RPG" - PSN, XBLA, Steam -

Venfayth

Didn't see a thread for this and thought it looked interesting.

faithful_godmode_announcement_01.jpg

faithful_godmode_announcement_02.jpg

faithful_godmode_announcement_04.jpg

faithful_godmode_announcement_05.jpg

faithful_godmode_announcement_06.jpg

Trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYF8kNMst9w

Wonder if it has a SP mode that holds up any.

And don't tell me a single-player PvE game can't hold up, because Doom mod REELism says otherwise. That teaser trailer reminds me a fair bit of it, albeit mildly less madcap.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Don't like the aesthetic at all

but game looks fun. Will definitely buy on steam

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Definitely Skipping it. Doesnt look fun at all and the narration doesnt help it either.

Nope.

If I'm stuck with shooters for the rest of my gaming life, I approve of the RPG direction in general... this just doesn't look fun to me.

Title is really misleading. It's not an Atlus game, they're just publishing it.
Lots of people give Atlus credit for things they didn't develop ;(

I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have come into this thread if it didn't say Atlus, but I also figured it wasn't an actual Atlus-developed title.

Ven, you should have put 4P co-op in the title somewhere! That would have made me come in, too.

Dantis

They have the rights to it, making it an Atlus game regardless if it was developed by them or not. Nothing misleading.

It is misleading (I should point out that I'm not saying it is deliberately so), because when you say Atlus, people think Persona or MegaTen or Etrian Odyssey or whatever. Which are developed by Atlus.

flawfuls

It is misleading (I should point out that I'm not saying it is deliberately so), because when you say Atlus, people think Persona or MegaTen or Etrian Odyssey or whatever. Which are developed by Atlus.

I think most people know Atlus publishes a lot of things that aren't internally developed and would assume that a shooter that is on consoles and steam probably isn't going to be an Atlus Japan game.

Rewatching the trailer, the areas look like a pretty good size and the stuff happening in the background is pretty awesome.

Yeah, interest definitely piqued. I hope I can get some people to buy it along with me, at least. I also like the dynamic modifier--it sounds like the AI Director from the L4D series. I hope it's good.

Venfayth

Ven, you should have put 4P co-op in the title somewhere! That would have made me come in, too.

I'd be a bad marketer :(

And yeah I didn't realize til after I posted that it wasn't developed by Atlus, I just kinda assumed since I got it from their newsletter. Not to mention "ATLUS" is plastered over everything in the e-mail and it's the first thing in the trailer, but yeah, it's by OldSchool Games.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
... well, that's out of no-where!

People say Horde mode, or Gears... I see this, and am just reminded of Spawn: In the Demon's hands / Heavy Metal Geomatrix (which I never did play...), so not bad company there!

Even the "too hammy for their own good" announcers reminds me of those games.

Wouldn't mind seeing a splitscreen mode in something like this, but otherwise, quite interesting.

GODMODE, taking place in Hell... ok, sure, whatever. Must be a law that almost everything published by Atlus has to have some tie to dieties / demigods / spiritual realms, ha.

Top Bottom