• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Wollan

zZ3qYqC3_tW_6HqbrUNEBjGqQ-WI47ZwrAnlEFj9g4X7iY8jG_9FB-o7GN_SyDMeC6EyB8Dm767mMcJ0rt4uvLFxR0ENsk6E6ypqTmP3q5wsROceENn08SdUQnuNuEOXbEN1q2_ww0fV0tsQqsg5-HIQ8iDSoe-3XuQsWI871bOED8V-gV03oEZ3Vo69G6hzr2E9-ifwaFel4JepPEEDbqOepXBlT3q4TCDjz4LfTRlGih2WreqnAYXAkmm-BuUHoxdDQ9irwKekbtMbiNBK0LcxETNikVwRPQHDmnfYSRDliFIt2JsaaGdrzCHRT1NlaDn1g6k6QyDkkU2_zCdzd2TgaL_ZJ_q9yld4zrUY1mi9DXURVTHS6Ec9lgN9WrB7ytEp1PKPxQGWCK_1Rq98m9sgh59f-YX7h_gKHFCJMRZXQ4bWklmOwVGRrHNluGx7VtEryxZNsmEXUeapVw2RErO9eu3z36elei39QlyfRtEDtJn5RBd1CrdzGnGLdYEFioRWWGB_BGEICLkZ4dgS0uUcyLOAWvyFDEL9AmH1pcArUnyapOfyEB8s8J9hAQH0237vPsLsHl8OdYbLPansupRsasH7BkjcKJ_ze8mSeuCnjDg8JsOWHSaVN79UiY_NwKLgGm6b0Mo78dpp-u3f-X0t4KnjqXGP7nWpK6FaeCI=w327-h427-no

J_Viper

Great OP, though I was hoping the title would be Red Head Redemption

I'm around ten hours in, and enjoying the hell out of it.

VanWinkle

^Wow. There's some really CG-looking lighting, shadowing, and DoF going on there.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Great title for the OT.

Yoooooooo! Let's go! Nice OT. Small critique, a lot of the screenshots look terribly compressed, at least to me.

I've seen a ton of amazing screenshots in the review and impression threads, could you maybe borrow some of those and credit the original posters? Maybe share some PS4 and PS4 Pro specific ones, too.

This one, for example, looks way clearer than many in the OP.

Damn she looks amazing under proper lighting.

horizon-zero-dawn_201ugykc.png

Hoje0308

Banned
Can't wait to get my hands on this. Gonna be a long week, but the payoff will be a nice long break and a Horizon binge .

Shambala

Amazing OT. Can't believe it's almost here. It's been so long since we saw that leaked concept art. Man I'm beyond hyped. Thanks based shinobi

I... I shoulda have gotten a PS4 Pro, shouldn't I've?...

*Glances at PS4 and the thread screenshots* I think I've made a mistake.

Check out some of the pictures I've posted in the review thread. They're from the og PS4.

You will NOT be disappointed ;)

I'll definitely be posting a ton of screenshots once we get a photo thread going. Too beautiful NOT to share.

EGOMON

I am currently playing FFXV but I don't want to rush it at the same time I want to play this game badly :(

zewone

I have this game preordered and I can't preload.

I just have a countdown timer in the PSN Store. The area where it normally says "Auto Download" is missing.

Anyone else having trouble?

Kalentan

My copy shipped from Amazon

According to Amazon my copy was supposed to be shipped out on the 24th but due to a problem they have to ship it out Monday... for delivery on Tuesday and as of this writing it still hasn't shipped out.

Honestly I feel like I'm not going to get it Tuesday. Which sucks since I've had it ordered since June.

My biggest worry is that since I'm on a College Campus, if it comes too late, I won't be getting it. :(

I just finished Gravity Rush Remastered. I have Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh in my possession and HZD comes to me on Tuestay. I might just skip to HZD and be part of the zeitgeist for it. Looks so good and has such positive buzz! Ahhhh. Dumb brain telling me to go in order is killing me!!

Here's some of my favourite ones. Nothing that the OT hasn't already shown.

T08N2Uk.jpg

9ezzOF0.jpg

E1Qscap.jpg

e8z1Ily.jpg

That crocodile gif is in-game. See my croc pic. It does look like that.

3191827-hud.jpg

ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAKING THE HUD DYNAMIC SO IT DISAPPEARS.

I didn't see this til I read Jim Sterling's review and noted this later. Can Shinbobi add to the OP. I think i'll really add to the experience.

Is there any benefit to buying the Digital Limited Edition? Do you collect these items organically throughout the course of the game:

2 Resource Packs – the Carja Trader Pack and the Nora Machine Trapper Pack
2 Outfits – the Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and the Banuk Trailblazer Outfit
2 Weapons – the Carja Mighty Bow and the Banuk Culling Bow

Or are they exclusive to the DDE (what I'm looking for)?

bunkitz

Fucking fantastic OT!

Gotta wait one more day before I can pick up my copy. And get through another day of work. Ugh, tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

As someone who's had the game since yesterday the hype is freaking real. Its amazing! Combat is well done, running it on a Pro and 4k 28 inch monitor looks for freaking insane. I often cant believe i am playing on my playstation. Story is interesting and i cannot wait to find out what caused this apocalypse.

Oh and first!

Wait, what monitor are you using that allows 4k/60hz over an HDMI cable. Most 4k monitors only have 4k60hz capable via a display port. Well, at least my 4k 28in Samsung monitor has that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom