• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 vs Xbox One console sizes - PS4 is small

Can we have a comparison of their sizes? The PS4 looked small in Andrew House's hands at the conference.

ps4sizeq9u48.png

ps4sizesqputp.png

ps4sizessjauf6.png

80tfogv.jpg

From a gaffer:
w6ft5Qp.png

PS3XboxOneDimensions.png~original

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hardware company showing their engineering prowess. The design could have been a bit better though but I'm sure it will grow on me.

snap0212

I just hope they know how to cool the systems properly. I don't want to have to worry about my system overheating. :-(

abic

Banned
Spec sheets already confirm XBONE to be 65% larger than the PS4.

Also PS4 has no power brick, it's an internal PSU and this is TBD for XBONE.

I'm not sure how the PS4 can be so small. It's also very light at 2.8kg or 6lbs. Compare that to launch PS3 at 7kg or 15lbs... PS4 is only 40% of PS3 weight.

Andrew Houser is pretty small, so it looks bigger when hes holding it,
Give it to Aisha Tyler and it'll look tiny, like everyone who is standing next to her.

Loxley

I just hope they know how to cool the systems properly. I don't want to have to worry about my system overheating. :-(

I've been assuming that the indent/slit around the entire PS4 is essentially one continuous vent (although obviously not in the front).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The PS4 definitely looks no bigger than the original PS3. If anything it looks marginally smaller.

Also PS4 has no power brick, this is TBD for XBONE.

Damn, MS can't even catch a break even when it to inconsequential (from a purely aesthetic view) stuff like console design and size.

Acheteedo

Have we heard any reports of system noise? I know the Xbone is going to be quiet, I really hope the PS4 is too but at it's current size I have my doubts...

Sickbean

Also PS4 has no power brick, this is TBD for XBONE.

No power brick is far more important to me. Size isn't an issue to an extent - they would both take up one 'slot' under my TV.

However I like to keep all my cabling really tidy and just have a single power cord running out of the back of my TV stand if possible. Power bricks make this more difficult to achieve.

tzare

Well, i still think ps4 is ugly, but as it is smaller that expected , it does not bother me that much. Plus internal power brick? awesome

Alpende

I have to get used to the look, it's very squarey and angled. But, it being 60+ % smaller than the Xbone is insane.

Radec

If the PS4 is as cool as the PS3 Slim, then I like to know what Sony Engineers are smoking back there.

Ridiculous for what's inside of it.

Oh and the power supply is inside too.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If there's any kind of compromise on sound or heat I would have preferred to have it bigger, I guess this is where the old japanese living room design motivation comes into play.

I'll be cautiously optimistic though, Sony has done everything else right.

GamerJM

Banned
Honestly, the Xbox One's design is more perplexing than anything else MS has done with the XOne so far, at least from a business perspective. I mean, I know WHY they're doing the DRM stuff, I know WHY they're doing the multimedia stuff. I honestly have no idea why they're going through with this design. It's not modern, it doesn't look good.

NeoUltima

Also PS4 has no power brick, it's an internal PSU and this is TBD for XBONE.

I'm not sure how the PS4 can be so small. It's also very light at 2.8kg or 6lbs. Compare that to launch PS3 at 7kg or 15lbs... PS4 is only 40% of PS3 weight.

Well, Sony is a hardware company after all.

KOHIPEET

I think it looks cool, especially when put vertically. I hope there won't be any overheating, but technically the machine does not have a back end, so that should be enough.

This is some magic hardware design by Sony. It's smaller and doesn't have an external brick. Reminds me of the PS2 as well which is neat.

Top Bottom