• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Coming To PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

So I'm sat on a local newspaper website when I get a full screen ad for Sunset Overdrive. I was about to hit close when I noticed the ad said exclusively on "Xbox One & PC".

5Cgb.png

Did someone at MS screw up? Surely these ads are pre-approved.

Edit - Direct link to ad:

Edit 2 - Apparently a mistake...

Rapstah

That's cool if true. I'd buy it on PC.

But it feels like a mistake. It's not "on PC" right now. Why would you say that in an ad?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hope it's true. The more games on pc, the better.

Nzyme32

Probably a mistake. Probably not a mistake.

As the only Xbox One title I'm interested in, and the knowledge that it is very likely I will never pick one up - if it hits PC and isn't a mess, I'd buy it.

This has to be an error. Sunset Overdrive surely will attract new console owners and putting it on pc will just stop that won't it? Microsoft need to hold on to their exclusives. I'm tempted by this but would just hold on for pc version if true

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Maybe the PC modding community can mod it so the gameplay looks less boring.

Jokes aside I don't see this coming to the PC.

ekim

That ad does imply it will come out on PC soon but it wasn't announced for that platform. I think it's a mistake. Probably some kind of template/premade asset that was used here from another ad (DR3, Ryse)

Moobabe

This has to be an error. Sunset Overdrive surely will attract new console owners and putting it on pc will just stop that won't it? Microsoft need to hold on to their exclusives. I'm tempted by this but would just hold on for pc version if true

I'm not sure SO will have that much pull with prospective owners will it? I mean, it looks ok?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure it's an error in that if it is coming to PC it won't be right now, maybe in a year or so. But definitely not in the run up to xmas when MS are trying to sell consoles.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
12 month exclusive perhaps?

I'm not expecting this to head to PC, but then I didn't expect Ryse to hit PC either.

Nemmy

I'd gladly check it out if this turned out to be true, it looks interesting but not interesting enough to sell me an Xbox One.

After Ryse getting a port, who knows?

MS if you let Scalebound go to PC too I'll never buy your system lol

This, lol. It's probably their only chance to sell me an XO.

Corpekata

Banned
When was the last time Insomniac put something out on pc? ... I hope it's true but I don't believe it yet!

Spending 80 percent of your career working on IP owned by Sony will probably not lead to many PC releases.

They're currently making a PC game called Slow Down Bull.

Hindle

Banned
If it is PC bound, we won't see that port until 8 or 9 months after the X1 version has launched. It's what happened with DR.

pa22word

Only reason I have zero plans to buy this game at the moment. Love insomniac, bit after getting boned (pun very much intended) on both ryse and dr3 I can't find it in me to put money down on an x1 game knowing that in around a year I can get a vastly superior pcv with all the dlc for a cheaper price.

Nzyme32

There is no evidence to support that, but in the end, does it even matter? Microsoft still benefit via either platform. Moreover, it may simply be a poor business decision to keep it on the console alone considering the install base.

Regardless, it is highly unlikely that they would want this to be known so soon. Then again, maybe not. Microsoft have interesting new directions with a fair few of their products

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
This is most likely just a mistake.

But it wouldn't be a surprise if it does show up on PC 8-12 months later, MS doesn't own the IP.

Radec

Hopefully this never comes to PC.

can't hide the inner fanboy in you don't ya?

gotta have that xb1 exclusive huh. that's the only reason I can think that you wouldn't want more people to play this game.

LOL.

I do think there is a big chance it will come to the PC though. Didn't Insomniac say that it was crucial for them to own the rights to the IP when they make "exclusive" deals? I think this will be something like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

I think the exclusive deal is, just don't release it on Playstation consoles.

Maybe the PC modding community can mod it so the gameplay looks less boring.

Jokes aside I don't see this coming to the PC.

LOL.

I do think there is a big chance it will come to the PC though. Didn't Insomniac say that it was crucial for them to own the rights to the IP when they make "exclusive" deals? I think this will be something like Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

I'm sure it's an error in that if it is coming to PC it won't be right now, maybe in a year or so. But definitely not in the run up to xmas when MS are trying to sell consoles.

I don't get this. PC and consoles have two different audiences. Who was planning on spending $400 on an Xbox One just to play SO but won't now because the game might come out PC this holiday?

The people who own a high end PC are niche. The people who plan on owning a high end PC and an Xbox One are the niche of the niche.

I don't even own a gaming capable pc yet for this to affect me but why wouldn't you want it on PC?

Pretty easy to figure out why.

I'm not sure SO will have that much pull with prospective owners will it? I mean, it looks ok?

It looks fun, but I mean more that if it's only available on one platform that increases the strength of that platform. If true then I would be thinking it more likely that most ms exclusives will hit pc at some point, lowering the incentive to get an x1

Nzyme32

Hopefully this never comes to PC.

I don't think I'll ever quite grasp these comments. Why would it be bad for you if this happens eventually?

The only reason for such complaints for me, is if the game itself is effected negatively in some way - poorer scope / scale, compromises, rushed out etc. I don't think any of these would be the case if it were true anyway.

timlot

Banned
So I'm sat on a local newspaper website when I get a full screen ad for Sunset Overdrive. I was about to hit close when I noticed the ad said exclusively on "Xbox One & PC".

Did someone at MS screw up? Surely these ads are pre-approved.

May I ask for a link to your local paper website? That " Xbox one and PC" is seems strange.

Ahzrei

Banned
Well you do know that former Xbox One exclusives Dead Rising 3 and Ryse ended up on PC eventually so who knows what the fuck is going on.

True... Maybe there is hope.

I'd rather have Scalebound personally- but MS being more open towards PC is only a good thing, imho.

BasilZero

That would be great if its true! But I'm sure they'll try to tie it down to the Windows store somewhat for Windows 10 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom