• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

captivate2012.jpg

Ok, Captivate 2012 is in Rome now.
All Italian press is talking about that, didn't find so much elsewhere though.
I'm Italian so I can give some bits, but embargo lasts until April 10.

Filippo Facchetti, senior editor at Eurogamer.it, tweeted:

E ora... Un po' di Vita! #Captivate @CapcomItalia

which means: "And now... Some Vita!" and since vita means life in Italian, it has a double meaning. So it seems a new Vita game has been showed. I personally asked whether that might be Monster Hunter, and Capcom Italia tweeted my question (perhaps it means nothing, but still).

The Italian gaming website Eveyeye, instead, wrote a full report of the event here, but all the most interesting things have been blackened. From the text, it can be possible to extrapolate that Resident Evil 6 was playable at the event, and perhaps also DmC (which team working with Capcom has two words in its name? I can only think about Ninja Theory); not sure about Dragon's Dogma, but that would not be unlikely, if not previously confirmed. Then, it is mentioned a mysterious announcement, surprising in a sense, but nothing can be understood because of the black lines.

Furthermore, two other games are mentioned in the report (Ace Attorney?).

One of them looks like this:
_____
-
__

Chun-Li confirmed at Captivate

That word is certainly "hands-on" :p

In the meanwhile, Capcom Italia tweeted:

È ufficiale, @Yoshi_OnoChin dal #Captivate romano annuncia una patch per Street Fighter X Tekken in arrivo il 10 aprile!

That is, Ono has announced a patch for SFxT to be released on April 10.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I just want Tri G. The rest can wait.

Thanks for the updates, electroplankton!

On Twitter, I found a guy saying MH4 would be announced for Vita and we should stay tuned. Not sure if reliable (zero retweet).

We know Capcom is showing SFVST Vita, and we got a report on the new console patch, so that Vita tease could be related to this game (all SFVST info in one presentation).

Anyway, I'll cut Sven if MH3G is a no-show. He better hire some bodyguards.

what i wish : Breath of Fire, MML3, Monhun, new MM title, brand new fighting game IP, proper DMC5, or onimusha

realistically probably: RE6, DmC, DD, some fighting game dlc, updated version or sequel

On Twitter, I found a guy saying MH4 would be announced for Vita and we should stay tuned. Not sure if reliable (zero retweet).

We know Capcom is showing SFVST Vita, and we got a report on the new console patch, so that Vita tease could be related to this game (all SFVST info in one presentation).

Anyway, I'll cut Sven if MH3G is a no-show. He better hire some bodyguards.

SFxT Vita is already known, though.
It seems that the announcement for Vita is something new. Or at least, there's something new announced.

Varth

Very surprised to hear from my contact in there that Ono is in da house and seems to be in great shape and mood. What was that tweet about the health stuff being some sort of cover for parting ways?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why embargo this stuff?

So there is no fastest person who just shits out an article in order to go " FIRST! " and get all the hits. I'm guessing they [capcom] want quality articles written about this event.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
and perhaps also DmC (which team working with Capcom has two words in its name? I can only think about Ninja Theory)

I feel it's worth noting they intend to announce new Western collaborations sooner or later, and that spacing doesn't quite look like Ninja Theory.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thanks!
Hoping there will be some revelaiton during the week.

Fixed.

I've started doing some comparison between words and black bars. The first part of the article should be referred to something coming next semester to...WiiU and Vita. I compared the last three black bars in this part

Fatto sta che dopo le opportune cerimonie, l'evento ha cominciato ad ingranare. Nella prima giornata di presentazioni abbiamo messo gli occhi, e , su molti dei prodotti Hot di Capcom, fra cui l'incredibile in uscita il prossimo per e

And the three words placing perfectly were: Semestre ( semester ), WiiU and PSVita.

That's what I've got so far.

I feel it's worth noting they intend to announce new Western collaborations sooner or later, and that spacing doesn't quite look like Ninja Theory.

Well, they wrote:

Che XXXXX sarebbe stato presente all'evento era ormai una certezza. L'XXXXX game firmato XXX XXXX ha confermato le buone impressioni già avute nei precedenti incontri

which means:

It was sure that XXXX would have been in the event. The XXXX-game by XXXXX XXX has confirmed the good response we had in previous events.

Imo: DmC, action (so it's action game), Ninja Theory.

Varth

Why embargo this stuff?

Should be a basic rule for those events, frankly. Covering live with no embargo makes it nearly impossible to make that little bit of research to add some insight and context on what you saw and played. So happy to hear that the Namco event seems to be embargoed too this year. Covering it live last year was a nightmare. Couldn't litterally see a bed for days.

Wazzim

Banned
I've started doing some comparison between words and black bars. The first part of the article should be referred to something coming next semester to...WiiU and Vita. I compared the last three black bars in this part

And the three words placing perfectly were: Semestre ( semester ), WiiU and PSVita.

That's what I've got so far.
Monster Hunter 4 also coming for WiiU and PS Vita, get hyped.

Dahbomb

If RE6 is playable and DmC isn't I am going to laugh my ass off.. although unlikely.

In any case whatever footage/demonstration/information they have up their sleeve it's going to be put under a microscope by yours truly. It's been a while since DmC and I went at it.

just-bring-it-b-h-o.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
Is Captivate more of a Western focused media event? I see no reason why they would announce a new Monster Hunter title unless it was to announce MH3G for the West.

Mpl90

Well, they wrote:

which means:

Imo: DmC, action (so it's action game), Ninja Theory.

DmC is too short for the black bar, DevilmayCry too, and there can't be different separated words in a single bar, at least seeing how there are bars for different words in various parts of the article ( one for all: Resident Evil 6 ). Also "action" for the correspondant one.

Mpl90

However, now that I'm confronting the only obvious one, Resident Evil 6, with the black bars...there's just a little space of difference between "Resident" and the correspondant black bar, just like for what I thought was the black bar indicating WiiU, if confronted with PS3, 360 and 3DS. So...it should be one of those the first bar. The second...it should still be PSVita.

...And yeah, there wouldn't be a MH brand new announcement in a Western focused event like Captivate.

V_Arnold

If RE6 is playable and DmC isn't I am going to laugh my ass off.. although unlikely.

In any case whatever footage/demonstration/information they have up their sleeve it's going to be put under a microscope by yours truly. It's been a while since DmC and I went at it.

At this point, I am pretty sure that RE6 is fully finished. They are just doing the last bits on it, and the game is launching in the most promising window for maximum sales - that is it.

eso76

in Rome ? i had no idea
my wife is there now, maybe i can have someone from the press give her a badge or something :p

monome

Dragon's Dogma on Vita would be interesting.

fufufufu....I would double-dip, yet the game seems quite expensive to manage a simple port. A portable chapter would be cool though.

I wish they bring a new IP on VITA, one that makes sense of the hardware and the console's demographics.

Spiegel

A vita title? Probably RE revelations port.

Considering Capcom is probably never going to make an original Vita game, there are two options (three if the game is SFXT):
- MHP team porting Dragon's Dogma
- Resident Evil Revelations

I'm betting on RE:R because Dragon's Dogma doesn't have multiplayer and the port would take more resources than simply doing RE:R qHD

Or RE: Operation Raccoon City.
Or maybe an even bigger troll, RE:Mercenaries qHD.

DmC is too short for the black bar, DevilmayCry too, and there can't be different separated words in a single bar, at least seeing how there are bars for different words in various parts of the article ( one for all: Resident Evil 6 ). Also "action" for the correspondant one.

Marco, don't focus too much on the size of the black bars.
That piece refers to DmC: which other Capcom game is developed by a team with the name made of two words and was playable in previous events? No one but DmC.

The most important thing is that 8 titles are mentioned in the article.
Resident Evil 6 is the most obvious; other sure picks are Dragon's Dogma, DmC and maybe Street Fighter x Tekken (since Ono was there).

pramath

Banned
Okay, since I can't quite make head or tail of it, can someone please consolidate all the announcements that have conclusively and concretely been made so far?

Considering Capcom is probably never going to make an original Vita game, there are two options (three if the game is SFXT):

I'm betting on RE:R because Dragon's Dogma doesn't have multiplayer and the port would take more resources than simply doing RE:R qHD

well RE: The Mercenaries Bio-Ops has been mentioned for Wii-U, maybe that.

Resident Evil: Degeneration HD vita . Touch or duel stick control.

also on 3ds.

From Facchetti's Twitter:

Proteggete il leader! PROTEGGETE IL LEADER!!! :) #Captivate @CapcomItalia @Eurogamer_it

Ho appena fotografato un militare. Per quale motivo sarà qui al #Captivate? Lo scoprirete il 10 Aprile! @CapcomItalia

In English:

Protect the leader! PROTECT THE LEADER!!! :)

I've just taken a picture of a soldier. What reasons brought him to Captivate? You will know on April 10!

Top Bottom