• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin (Cyber Monday) Sale [Arkham City $25, Bastion $7.5, BF3=$30, Crysis 2=$10]

Bebpo

Banned
Is Battlefield 3 PC the kind of game that will still have a thriving community in 6 months if you don't have time to play it now but want to grab it at this price?

jvalioli

Yeah I think there will be people playing Battlefield 3 for a while. Though they may be pretty hardcore players.

Card Boy

Banned
Is Battlefield 3 PC the kind of game that will still have a thriving community in 6 months if you don't have time to play it now but want to grab it at this price?

Yes. Even Battlefield 2 has people playing. Bad Company 2 is even going strong.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm actually shocked at the Arkham City price. No way did I think we'd see a 50% off deal on the PC version of the game considering it JUST released. Wow.

Fuck Steam loyalty. Jumping on this deal.

Anyone know if the game is Steamworks?

Nelo Ice

Banned

It's Battlefield, the game will ALWAYS have a healthy community.

Also that is an insane deal for Batman:AC and u even got a $10 credit for use on any $30 purchase or more next month damn.

Deadly

Goddamn BF3 getting the same treatment as BFBC2. 3-4 weeks later on sale for sub 30$. Knew I should have waited. Meh at least I'll get Karkand.

Battlefield 3: Modern Warfare - $29.99/-50% (PC, 360, PS3)

I chuckled at this.

I'm tempted to get Batman on the PC. I was initially, but WB delays forced my hand.

Bebpo said:

It is, but in 6 months you will undoubtedly find better deals and more content.

Nabs

Yes, but it's probably best to just wait for another sale down the line. Maybe even Christmas.

I'm actually shocked at the Arkham City price. No way did I think we'd see a 50% off deal on the PC version of the game considering it JUST released. Wow.

Only Steamworks if you buy on Steam or if you get an Nvidia code.

Bebpo

Banned
Cool, thanks. I've never played a Battlefield game before, but the visuals look amazing and I like pretty games :p

Yes, but it's probably best to just wait for another sale down the line. Maybe even Christmas.

You think it'll be cheaper than $30 in the next year? Since there's no Steam version to compete, I figured EA wouldn't drop it below $30 for a long time on Origin.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's Battlefield, the game will ALWAYS have a healthy community.

Also that is an insane deal for Batman:AC and u even got a $10 credit for use on any $30 purchase or more next month damn.

Wait. What?

Oh, I see it. Never mind. Wow, EA going hard. I like it.

Anyone think Steam will price match Arkham City?

Derrick01

Banned

Only the Steam version.

This version you get Origin, GFWL AND securom. The trifecta of evil for PC gamers, enjoy :)

Also it figures WB gives EA the large discount given how anti-PC they've been with the handling of this game.

Nabs

Cool, thanks. I've never played a Battlefield game before, but the visuals look amazing and I like pretty games :p

You think it'll be cheaper than $30 in the next year? Since there's no Steam version to compete, I figured EA wouldn't drop it below $30 for a long time on Origin.

EA games always drop in price fast. BC2 hit 20 bucks in like a month. They have Karkand DLC coming out soon, so I'm sure there will be more sales to come.

Zzoram

Ya I'll pass and get it on Steam when it gets to $20 or so in a year.

Not buying into any of that limited activation SecuROM shit.

Bebpo

Banned
Only the Steam version.

This version you get Origin, GFWL AND securom. The trifecta of evil for PC gamers, enjoy :)

Also it figures WB gives EA the large discount given how anti-PC they've been with the handling of this game.

It has securom on Origin? Eww. How many activations do you get?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I'll probably jump on the Arkham City deal if it doesn't happen to pop up on Steam tomorrow at the same price. I'll deal with having to drop the .exe into Steam for that price.

Only the Steam version.

You don't actually need Origin, right? As far as I know, I can just buy it from their website and download the file without even booting up Origin.

Derrick01

Banned
It has securom on Origin? Eww. How many activations do you get?

Every version has securom, even Steam. No clue how many activations though it doesn't say on the Steam page, just says Securom.

Gez said:
The same sentence applies to Steam. As Origin is basically the same thing.

No it's not. Plus it's run by EA who can do whatever they want to you once you download and use that service.

Truespeed

Yes. And if you like driving vehicles, tanks or flying planes then BF3 is the game.

alphaNoid

Banned
Ya I'll pass and get it on Steam when it gets to $20 or so in a year.

Not buying into any of that limited activation SecuROM shit.

AK0oM.gif

-PXG-

Arkham City for $25 is soooooo tempting. I just bought $90 worth of shit on Steam though. Must...Resist....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely considering Battlefield 3 at that price... There aren't any terrible outstanding issues with the PC version are there?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Saboteur at $9.99
Crysis 2 at $19.99

Definitely considering those, too. I probably will end up buying nothing from them, though. Still not sure about Origin as a service.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I would have no problem buying EA games if they were origin free.

All of these games should be aside from Battlefield 3. I've bought several recent EA games from the website, and none of them required the Origin app. Outside of BF3, the app can be ignored (for now lol).

There are so many exclusive retailer skins for Arkham City, will they be available for download?

Yeah, they all just showed up in the Steam registry, meaning they should be available for individual purchase soon.

Nelo Ice

Banned
All of these games should be aside from Battlefield 3. I've bought several games from the website, and they haven't required the Origin app.

Yeah afaik BF3 is the only game on origin that actually requires origin to be running. I have ME2 and DA:O Ultimate and I just launch the exe through steam without origin.

RedSwirl

Yes, but I'll probably be able to get it for $30 (or less) in six months anyways.

Top Bottom