• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Busaiku

My theory is Sakurai relented simply to shut up the whiners. I'm positive once people have actually played the game, they'll all realize stylus is the better way. The only way.

What infuriates me the most is that some people were asking for dual analog in Sin & Punishment Star Successor.

pramath

Banned
How is it that two weeks ago, I had zero fucks to give about this game, and now I'm more insanely hyped than I have been in a very long time?

rj118

How is it that two weeks ago, I had zero fucks to give about this game, and now I'm more insanely hyped than I have been in a very long time?

I am in the same boat; I preordered it on Amazon a few minutes ago. I know that hearing some of the game's music had a big role.

pramath

Banned
I am in the same boat; I preordered it on Amazon a few minutes ago. I know that hearing some of the game's music had a big role.

That, plus the multiplayer overview video, plus the new trailers, plus Nintendo's marketing, plus the Famitsu 40/40...

Holy shit. I really should never have doubted this game, it's Sakurai, after all.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Throw me in the boat as well.

Dat Medusa trailer! Plus the composer list! And a 40/40 from Famitsu? Plus free AR cards? And a free stand?

I can't pass this up now. And a week ago, I honestly couldn't care less about it.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
That, plus the multiplayer overview video, plus the new trailers, plus Nintendo's marketing, plus the Famitsu 40/40...

Holy shit. I really should never have doubted this game, it's Sakurai, after all.

1140100266-00.jpg

don't doubt me again, bitch.

Busaiku

How hard do you guys press the stylus?
I mean through all of The World Ends With You and some Elite Beat Agents, I never got a scratch on my systems.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
That actually seems pretty hard to believe. TWEWY (PGOAT) scratched the shit out of my lower screen.

A screen protector for Uprising seems like a must. If people are getting one, I'd recomment the HORI protector.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

That's how I am too (well, not insanely hyped, but I'm very optimistic). I'm dangerously close to preordering it on Amazon.

PKrockin

How hard do you guys press the stylus?
I mean through all of The World Ends With You and some Elite Beat Agents, I never got a scratch on my systems.

My understanding is most scratches come from getting bits of dust and such between the stylus and the screen.

From my own experience, most of my scratches came from when I was using the touch screen pretty casually (scrolling through items in Pokemon, etc.) whereas I played through TWEWY and didn't get a single scratch from it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still on the fence on if the actual on foot gameplay will turn out great. I'm sure the flying stuff will be solid, but I'm not sold on the "ground" missions. Definitely going to wait and read what GAF has to say 1st.

I have never used a screen protector on any system. I have 32 hours of The World Ends with you played on my 3DS and my screen is completely scratch free. You guys are just doing it wrong.

Busaiku

My understanding is most scratches come from getting bits of dust and such between the stylus and the screen.

From my own experience, most of my scratches came from when I was using the touch screen pretty casually (scrolling through items in Pokemon, etc.) whereas I played through TWEWY and didn't get a single scratch from it.

Ah yeah, that explains it.

I obsessively wipe my screens.
Before I start the system, when I boot the game, any loading screens, random pauses, pretty much whenever I'm not in a tight situation.

Wizpig

As much as I want this game, it officially makes no sense to not have a dual analog mode using the CPP.
I actually think (it's impossible to make sense of Sakurai sometimes) it's a good idea to use more "original" controls than make a classic home console shooter.

I remember one of the first things Sakurai said was how he wanted to use original controls.

Of course, these controls are not doable on the 3DS only (Wii U, etc.), but at least for the majority of them it's not something you would see on 360/Ps3.

ps. well, we already destroyed R with Mario Kart 7, now we are going to destroy L.
Oh wait, i'm left handed so i'm still going to use R, right? crap.

pps. hoping the game has a " Join the Game " option in the dashboard. please don't be like Revelations?

Same for me, put my pre-order down a couple of days ago after being wary of the game for a long time. The information we've been given lately really made a favourable impression on me. Game seems to be full of content and good gameplay ideas.

@MUWANdo

Banned
i

what

who actually wanted that? do people hate pointer controls that much? wtf

Even the devs at Treasure were designing/testing the game with the Gamecube pad; it got to a point where they had to rebalance the whole thing once they realised how much easier it was to play with the pointer.

Tom_Cody

Is this old news?

"See if you recognize one of these five composers who worked on the music for Kid Icarus Uprising:

Motoi Sakuraba
Yuzo Koshiro
Masafumi Takada
Noriyuki Iwadare
Yasunori Mitsuda"

http://andriasang.com/con0af/kid_icarus_sound_team/

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/music/music01.html
Unreal.

This is looking more like a 40/40 title in the tradition of titles like Soul Calibur. I just can't believe how many features there are.

Btw, here's a link to a youtube playlist of the tracks released so far:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3EA374CCCB033FC1

Conor 419

Banned
Anyone know if the announcement trailer music's in the game? That music was wicked.

Such a good trailer.
Such a good E3.

E3 2010 - Nva 4get

Snookie

I really had no intention to pre-order this but because i got free AR card from club nintendo it increased my hype level. I wish I had more self control.

Neiteio

I really had no intention to pre-order this but because i got free AR card from club nintendo it increased my hype level. I wish I had more self control.
LOL, I ended up resubscribing to Nintendo Power when the three cards in the upcoming April issue piqued my interest. I read some sample pages, decided the editorial was strong and resubscribed.

zroid

Banned
This has started to worry me. Anyone know of the repair cost to get that fixed or if it's covered under warranty?

Use a CPP lol. Then it'll become a disposable $20 L button.

:/ forgot that the L button was the side that wasn't replaced. we're SOL then!

Tom_Cody

This has started to worry me. Anyone know of the repair cost to get that fixed or if it's covered under warranty?
I can't imagine why anyone would worry about this. I've never had button issue with a Nintendo handheld.

That said, just wait to pick up the inevitable system upgrade in 18 months. :/

daakusedo

I just listened to this music to wait until release, this gonna be a complete package.
And that's just for the practice room.

Effect

I can't imagine why anyone would worry about this. I've never had button issue with a Nintendo handheld.

That said, just wait to pick up the inevitable system upgrade in 18 months. :/

Normally Nintendo's hardware is pretty good and I haven't had any issues in the past but the one thing I have heard failing after a while on the DS has been the shoulder buttons. I never used the buttons a lot so I didn't have any issues. However since this game will be using it a lot I'm just a little concerned.

Tom_Cody

Even the devs at Treasure were designing/testing the game with the Gamecube pad; it got to a point where they had to rebalance the whole thing once they realised how much easier it was to play with the pointer.
This has gotten me thinking. SSBB was developed under Sora with game arts and other additional employees. Do we know who is working on this besides Sora? It is my understanding that Sora is a relatively small company with few permanent employees.

Is there any chance that Treasure is aiding this project? It would seem like a natural fit given their prior work on the Sin and Punishment series.

Pyrrhus

Don't sweat the L Button wearing out. We'll probably have word of the next iteration of the 3DS by the end of the year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The hype is increasing a lot every day, now. At the release, it'll be beyond control, I know.

For who's interested, the game is 1st on Amazon.jp, 6th on Amazon.com, 14th on Gamestop.com chart which includes both already released games and yet to be released ones, and 26th on Amazon.uk.

Wizpig

Motoi Sakuraba
Yuzo Koshiro
Masafumi Takada
Noriyuki Iwadare
Yasunori Mitsuda

Sweet christ.

Fap fap fap fap

Best game ever.
worst netco... hey, thinking about it, did some reviewer try the game online?!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sweet christ.

Fap fap fap fap

Best game ever.
worst netco... hey, thinking about it, did some reviewer try the game online?!

So far, no. And I'm anticipating a lot the veridicts on online multiplayer. Yes, what they did with Brawl signed my life too.

Tom_Cody

The hype is increasing a lot every day, now. At the release, it'll be beyond control, I know.

For who's interested, the game is 1st on Amazon.jp, 6th on Amazon.com, 14th on Gamestop.com chart which includes both already released games and yet to be released ones, and 26th on Amazon.uk.
Nice! I'm glad to hear this is catching on.

Top Bottom