• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/Unconfirmed: Battlefield 4 Release Date - October 29th (Xbox.com?)

RoKKeR

Lock if old.

I fired up Xbox.com today and clicked on the BF4 story they had running, and came across this header:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2013/03/27/ea-and-dice-reveal-battlefield-4.aspx
Only in Battlefield can players go through a building instead of around it, eject from a jet and take out the enemy mid-free fall, or flip a tank. DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts, announced that Battlefield 4 will arrive on the Xbox 360 on October 29, 2013.

I found this to be quite odd that an official Xbox blog would just happen to spill BF4's release date, but it seems believable enough. Of course it could be speculation on the part of the writer, but considering BF3 released Oct. 25th I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the actual release date.

Thoughts? Has this been discussed? I did a search and couldn't find anything on it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If the Next Box releases in October, that'd be awesome. Or there's still that September rumor...

L1NETT

With all these cross gen games, I assume the current gen versions will mostly be available before their next gen counterparts (if the Nov/Dec launch windows are true for Ps4/X720)

Because, it would be damn tempting not to say, buy Watch Dogs or Bf4 a month or two earlier.

I'm really hoping that the "Next Xbox: September Release" rumors are true.

That would be nice too, but I reckon they will go with the 360 launch window...which was Nov/Dec IIRC?

RoKKeR

If the Next Box releases in October, that'd be awesome. Or there's still that September rumor...
It'd be really interesting if the Nextbox/PS4 launched in October, and Battlefield 4 had a two week head start on CoD on next gen platforms. Really interesting.

Bgamer90

Banned
With all these cross gen games, I assume the current gen versions will mostly be available before their next gen counterparts (if the Nov/Dec launch windows are true for Ps4/X720)

Because, it would be damn tempting not to say, buy Watch Dogs or Bf4 a month or two earlier.

I'm really hoping that the "Next Xbox: September Release" rumors are true.

RoKKeR

They would probably rather launch with CoD.
There have been a lot of EA/BF/Microsoft rumors swirling around recently, so who really knows. It'll be interesting as hell to see how everybody manages to launch their respective games/platforms this fall.

There have been a lot of EA/BF/Microsoft rumors swirling around recently, so who really knows. It'll be interesting as hell to see how everybody manages to launch their respective games/platforms this fall.

People have to remember that they could launch BF4 whenever they wanted, that is, before the NG consoles are released. The NG version would release whenever the consoles do.

They don't have to wait until NG comes out to release the game on PC/PS360.

I'm not saying that the launches can't coincide, though.

RoKKeR

People have to remember that they could launch BF4 whenever they wanted, that is, before the NG consoles are released. The NG version would release whenever the consoles do.

They don't have to wait until NG comes out to release the game on PC/PS360.

I'm not saying that the launches can't coincide, though.
I realize that, but considering the release date is late October we can speculate about how it ties in with next gen console releases as well.

People assumed this of the Wii U launch as well, the games will come out on current platforms first, and on next gen consoles on their respective release dates

RoKKeR

Great example of GAF > Internet...this 'story' has been picked up by a lot of outlets who just happened to conveniently stumble across Xbox.com today as well. No GAF credit. -__-

Kallor

How is this game even running on 360? Is the difference between the 360 and PC version going to be like the difference between MW3 360 and Wii?

liquidfox00

Neo Member
If I were to buy this for a console it certainly won't be for the 360. Assuming the 720 is beefier than my gtx660 I'd probably go that route but we shall see.

Oct.29 is entirely plausible.

RoKKeR

And one last thing before I'm done - I find it convenient that Xbox.com just happened to be the one not only running a story, but possibly having information on BF4's release date, something other media outlets didn't get. And for good measure...

https://twitter.com/jay_blings/status/316740970685288449
esn.png

What are you up to, MS/EA...

fernoca

People assumed this of the Wii U launch as well, the games will come out on current platforms first, and on next gen consoles on their respective release dates

Exactly. Same with Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed III...Skylanders..and so on. Basically, they will release the game on whatever is out there that date and then be a launch title to whatever comes after that date.

Intense that next gen is almost here.

I really can't wait for E3. I remember during E3 2006, being on GameTrailers & downloading all the new videos for the night, and then just sitting back and watching hours and hours on end of game demos and trailers. There was just so much cool stuff to see that year. I'm hoping we have something similar this year with all the next-gen stuff happening.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its sort of something i expect ms to do announce Durango at E3 and release in september/ocotber. probs why they arent talking bout it now. wanna keep strong hype. and that will be the talking point of E3 and over shadow sony going heres what ps4 looks like and its coming december..

Microsoft did say earlier this year to sony its not the noise you make its the impact.

Top Bottom