• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Assassin's Creed Rogue listed for PC on Uplay

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Courtesy of prudislav:

Seems like PC version of AC:Rogue is almost confirmed
This thing i found today on Uplay

AWnMCba.png

I'm tagging this as a rumour since it can't be independently verified (I checked the page myself and only the PS360 are listed), but that being said I'll be surprised if Rogue hasn't at least been announced for the PC by mid next year.

Edit:
It's coming. The brazilian classification board has the game listed for PC.

cD2zDEn.png

danthefan

Suppose it's not a bad thing but this is one series I'd always go for console, because 1) Uplay and 2) They put no effort into the PC ports.

BasilZero

Good - more than likely it will be ported over to PC so I'm gonna wait for the PC version :)

I just recently finished Brotherhood and enjoyed it - slowly playing through the entire series XD.

Denton

This is obvious, but there will be delay since launching two AC games on the same platform at the same time would be insane. I expect march next year to be release date.

Nugg

Good, I might pick it up then.

I'm done with the old gen. If your game is old gen only, I'm skipping it (or I'll wait for the remaster)

BigDug13

Suppose it's not a bad thing but this is one series I'd always go for console, because 1) Uplay and 2) They put no effort into the PC ports.

This time it's not coming to PS4/XBO though.(yet) So you either play it at sub-30fps on last gen or play it on PC.

(Or wait till the HD edition on PS4/XBO)

prudislav

I'm tagging this as a rumour since it can't be independently verified (I checked the page myself and only the PS360 are listed), but that being said I'll be surprised if Rogue hasn't at least been announced for the PC by mid next year.
wow they were fast with deleting it - i guess they deleted it right after i tweeted them about it
https://twitter.com/prudislav/status/515474702161428480
because at the time i tweeted it you could've easily check it by yourself, but now its gone

It means nothing : Uplay sync with your console account and lets you get points for game on console to use on PC games and other way around

edit : oh, PC, well, that's that

I always assumed there was a PC version coming since some of the walkthroughs had great IQ even at 1080p settings on youtube (and by great IQ, I mean pretty much devoid of jaggies)

prudislav

Is this that surprising? Wouldn't it be weirder if it didn't come to PC?

nope not surprising at all , quite expected thing of them, but i was quite surprised it appeared on Uplay today , before console release and without actuall announcment.

Must have been some early leak or some othr mistake from Uplay stuff , because when i tweeted them it dissapeared almost instantly

Going by other Ubi games you can't avoid Uplay, that's where it'll download and install. You will probably be able to buy it through Steam by when you launch the game it'll launch Uplay.

Uplay only launches the games on Steam, the actual downloading and patching is done by the Steam client.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welp. Only Persona 5 is left for my PS3. I'll get Unity and Rogue on PC. But I really wish Ubisoft would deep discount Ass Creed 1-3 so I could get the other five titles on PC and sell my PS3 copies.

Welp. Only Persona 5 is left for my PS3. I'll get Unity and Rogue on PC. But I really wish Ubisoft would deep discount Ass Creed 1-3 so I could get the other five titles on PC and sell my PS3 copies.

Persona 5 is coming to PS4... so...

Oh you edited.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's coming. The brazilian classification board has the game listed for PC.

cD2zDEn.png

Ah, nice find. I'll throw it into the OP. Those hoping for a PS4/X1 version may want to temper their expectations a little (they could of course appear later).

Would buy. If it was on uPlay right now I'd probably be willing to painstakingly go through the process of buying it on my watch in class right now.

As excited as I am for Unity, I would love to get some more pirating out of AC; Even after the copious amounts of AC IV I played.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I think all of the previous AC games (except for Black Flag) have already been down to $5. I'm sure there'll be another sale at that level around/during the Rogue/Unity releases.

Top Bottom