• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

vivekTO

Ah thanks for being a bro vivek :D

Not a problem :) , but if you are also interested in lyric version than check this

Code:
Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep. Broop-broop, breep-breep.

[IMG]https://gifyu.com/images/KazOnSax.gif[/IMG]

Miyamoto Jr on the drum[s]s[/s]

Courtsey of shin-ra :p

Endo Punk

Order is actually my most disappointing game this gen. I had high hopes after the reveal trailer. People say it has potential I say the IP didn't realise its potential, people say the graphics but for me why was the gameplay so damn forgettable and the weapons underutilised. People say the story was good and I am speechless. The story is the biggest offense the game made.

NahaNago

If an new game in the Order were to actually be funded, I'd think it would be a good idea for the series to actually... step away from being a TPS and go for an action game set in the Arthurian timeline instead.

A gritty alt-history swords & low-fantasy Arthurian timeline action game with werewolves, vampires & other mythological creatures.

... Man, now I feel sad that it'll likely never happen. The game had a ton of flaws, but the visual direction, world setting and atmosphere was really good.

Yeah i just got finished playing that game and the gameplay holds it back quite a bit in my opinion. If they made the combat as satisfying as horizon with all of the close combat i would have loved the game. I kinda feel that the order 1887 should be made on the ps5 to keep the game looking just as great and maybe open up the world and the characters lives a lot more.

After Ratchet movie bombing, my guess is that Sly movie is dead now.

heh, Im kinda sceptic about this, John leaks the NPD info right? But NPD doesnt get digital data from Sony, how would he really know?

What makes you think he is a part of NPD or gets all of his information from them? Feel free to be skeptical, but that about as much proof as you will ever get until Sony opens up about their digital sales.

After Ratchet movie bombing, my guess is that Sly movie is dead now.

It may have bombed, but it was also very low-budget so I wouldn't be surprised if the production company got finance for two movies and Sly is going ahead regardless.

Order is actually my most disappointing game this gen. I had high hopes after the reveal trailer. People say it has potential I say the IP didn't realise its potential, people say the graphics but for me why was the gameplay so damn forgettable and the weapons underutilised. People say the story was good and I am speechless. The story is the biggest offense the game made.

I don't think anyone says the story in TO1886 is good? The storytelling was poor and the story had almost nothing to it. It treats The Order's
werewolf guy and vampire guy
as some major revelation but not enough time has passed for players to actually give a shit, and the big moments are hindered by shitty gameplay anyway. And honestly, the
'organisation leaders are secretly enemies'
twist is probably the most played-out trope in storytelling.

Disagree. Resident Evil has been a major earner for Sony almost two decades. They will definitely reboot that franchise. Not sure about taking on new properties like Uncharted and TLOU though as don't really bring anything new to or exciting to film. Could definitely see a Horizon movie in the future.

Yeah, fair enough, although to be fair that is absolutely the exception, and I don't think there's been another video game movie that's had more than one sequel. I've only seen the first two but kind of hated them, and would have much preferred it if they'd stuck more closely to the games.

FelipeMGM

Not exactly, they re-uploaded the trailer three months ago without the 'coming 2016' part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLolBJzteM

Well, thats not bad news for sure.

And man, aint this trailer fun. This could work way better than the Ratchet movie

It may have bombed, but it was also very low-budget so I wouldn't be surprised if the production company got finance for two movies and Sly is going ahead regardless.

Maybe. I hope it happens (with a game companion of course)

Cyberia

The Lost Legacy began development before release of UC4:

X9qJkeH.jpg

FelipeMGM

What makes you think he is a part of NPD or gets all of his information from them? Feel free to be skeptical, but that about as much proof as you will ever get until Sony opens up about their digital sales.

By finding it out from another source. He's a reliable source for sales numbers, there's no reason to doubt him.

sure, I'll take that

The Lost Legacy began development before release of UC4:

X9qJkeH.jpg

I dont think anyone thought otherwise

Cyberia

Yeah, I don't think it is either.

Every comment from ND on when development for the Lost Legacy began has stated they started after UC4 launched. I'm pretty sure Josh Scherr said in an interview that they didn't know what to base the DLC on, and it took them time to work that out.

Yeah, and if i remember correctly, Josh Scherr also said during this stream that he was already working on the next thing (this was recorded May last year).

Wozman23

Ppl who have bought it at 1/4th price(including myself) aren't that disappointed with it than those who had paid full price.These days, when many are hesitant to even buy UC's dlc at full price, not sure if creating a sequel would be a good idea, irrespective of how good the game turns out to be.

I paid full price, and loved it. Granted, it isn't a smart business move to make a sequel, but I still hope we can get it someday. I'd really like to see what Ready at Dawn had planned.

I'd also be down for No Man's Sky 2.

I paid full price, and loved it. Granted, it isn't a smart business move to make a sequel, but I still hope we can get it someday. I'd really like to see what Ready at Dawn had planned.

I'd also be down for No Man's Sky 2.
I dare you to make a thread saying that lol.

I'm there with ya

tsk

don't play with me 4chan... I actually enjoyed PSABR and I have a list of improvements I want to see in a sequel

I'd like to see them try PSABR again, better character representation, better looking UI and just right-out copy Smash's mechanics if you're gonna make a Smash-like game.

Salex_

I'd like to see them try PSABR again, better character representation, better looking UI and just right-out copy Smash's mechanics if you're gonna make a Smash-like game.

No, the core gameplay is great and it's closer to a tradition fighting game. They just need to the change stupid super to kill mechanic to life bars. Supers can just be damage/utility tools.

Games don't have to play the same to be in the same sub-genre. Guilty Gear obviously is nothing like Street Fighter despite having many of the same mechanics.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If RAD makes a The Order 1886 sequel they need to either decide if they want to keep going down the path set by the first game which I think is a mistake unless they change huge swaths of the game to make better use of that cinematic direction or they should just do a straight up adventure game with some real time elements. Don't bother making a TPS and instead focus on what they really want to do, a huge cinematic adventure story game. Go full Until Dawn/Heavy Rain/The Walking Dead/etc. or go in the opposite direction and make it a more straight forward third person shooter with a lot of cool enemies, weapons, etc.

I don't know if they can honestly make a game like the Order in the same manner as the first game without changing and improving huge amounts of the game in very large amounts.

Congrats on the thread, it's one of my subscribed now that I check everyday. Gaming side can be toxic, and I've learned to just subscribed to separate communities. Night and day really.

I hope we see some more stuff from Sony's WWS this year, but to be honest, I'm so caught up with quality content, I could use a break from new releases. Besides my Switch and small library, I think GTS is the only thing I'm buying for the rest of the year.

Congrats on the thread, it's one of my subscribed now that I check everyday. Gaming side can be toxic, and I've learned to just subscribed to separate communities. Night and day really.

I hope we see some more stuff from Sony's WWS this year, but to be honest, I'm so caught up with quality content, I could use a break from new releases. Besides my Switch and small library, I think GTS is the only thing I'm buying for the rest of the year.
I said this about horizon.

I've pre ordered crash,wipeout, what remains of Edith finch,uncharted LL,Everybody's golf and yakuza kiwami....Help

FelipeMGM

Yeah, I don't think it is either.

Every comment from ND on when development for the Lost Legacy began has stated they started after UC4 launched. I'm pretty sure Josh Scherr said in an interview that they didn't know what to base the DLC on, and it took them time to work that out.

ND lies all the time for the sake of surprises :p

I guess I have to take their word then, but its really hard to believe. The creative leads were prob done with U4 way before the release even

yeah, general threads on gaf are pretty toxic and full of bs posts. But the more intimate and community focused are great. This and the MS Studios one are my favorite on the gaming side. Great discussions, great especulations and great people

I've pre ordered crash,wipeout, what remains of Edith finch,uncharted LL,Everybody's golf and yakuza kiwami....Help
Lol, I'm with you.

I said I was solely doing backlog games but I preoredered Uncharted and Yakuza. I mean, come on. Jak with Uncharted? Nah, man. I got to get it.

I just want to get through a good amount of my backlog before August. So, that is my goal!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wonder why they're holding off bundles for now i.e pro with horizon. Seems like the perfect game to push the pro considering how the game is such a graphical and technical juggernaut and all

I'm kind of expecting a Lost Legacy/Horizon Pro bundle at some point this year.

I'm kind of expecting a Lost Legacy/Horizon Pro bundle at some point this year.
Oooh that's a bundle I can get behind
would be a hell of message to send to the gaming industry as well
Damn.

Yeah, they need to bundle it. Push it as much as possible.
There's already a bundle in Europe so it's just a matter before it hits elsewhere

There's also a horizon zero dawn xbox one skin out there somewhere XD

Dabi

With all these open world sandbox type games, I'm really looking forward to the Lost Legacy.

Nothing like a good ol' linear campaign with crazy set pieces sprinkled in.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
With all these open world sandbox type games, I'm really looking forward to the Lost Legacy.

Lost Legacy seems to be aiming for something other than that from the sounds of it

Likewise, I'm actually going to replay Uncharted 1-4 as soon as I'm done with Persona as I'm starting to wear down on all these long games I've played this year ( Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda BotW, Mass Effect Andromeda and now Persona 5). I enjoyed them all and loving Persona 5, but I can feel it looming.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Likewise, I'm actually going to replay Uncharted 1-4 as soon as I'm done with Persona as I'm starting to wear down on all these long games I've played this year ( Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda BotW, Mass Effect Andromeda and now Persona 5). I enjoyed them all and loving Persona 5, but I can feel it looming.

Same. I really don't want to play another 30+ hour game anytime soon. Prey and Injustice 2 should make for nice palette cleansers.

FelipeMGM

I feel like that too. Finishing Persona 5 I'll be jumping to stuff like What Remains of Edith Finch and Little Nightmares

Ha ha, holy shit dude!

yeah, general threads on gaf are pretty toxic and full of bs posts. But the more intimate and community focused are great. This and the MS Studios one are my favorite on the gaming side. Great discussions, great especulations and great people

I've only gone into the MS topic for the first time recently, and although I don't have the console it's fun speculating about what we can expect from them too. These two topics are great.

TsuWave

just right-out copy Smash's mechanics if you're gonna make a Smash-like game.

i said this from the start and people looked down on me.

they really should've gone knees deep and made a fully fledged clone. forget internet forum perception and noise, vast majority of people would be playing it and having a blast.

Top Bottom