• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

When I say temp job, I meant to say work for a temp agency which would try to find something for him based on his degree and work experience.

He strung her along when he basically made it seem like they were going to reconcile during the girls trip at the end of the first season. Now he's literally toying with her emotions and making a Tasha a pawn. Also why can't she answer the door in her underwear without wanting to have sex with him? It's late at night, not everyone has to answer the door in a pantsuit or a jeans.

That's not stringing her along. Peoples emotions are complicated. He was conflicted, that doesn't make him an asshole. I don't know why you aren't getting that Issa was the asshole of that relationship last season. And I'm not saying she can't, but come on. She been thirsty for that boy and she finally got him over. Lawrence is wrong when it comes to Tasha, but I'm meh on Issa. Though Tasha did know he had a girl last season and was still trying to get in there so....I don't know.

Socivol

Maybe he got caught in his feelings, still having some for issa, yet still mad. Also he probably has to get to his homeboy house before he locked out. 😂

Great first episode. Crissle was right that it would be a great.

It was excellent but it also showed that Lawrence really ain't shit. It takes place THREE MONTHS post break up and he's still on an air mattress in his boy's house. His boy who is a realtor and could have helped him find a place. It almost felt like he was fishing for an invite to move in with Tasha during that lunch too. I was #LawrenceHive but this episode had made me jump off that ship. He really is a bum bitch and Issa deserves better.

royalan

Maybe he got caught in his feelings, still having some for issa, yet still mad. Also he probably has to get to his homeboy house before he locked out. 😂

Great first episode. Crissle was right that it would be a great.

kjlgflisabdlbilibkjsbflrabel;ob;aoe;oearboiaerbear

you wrong for that

That's not stringing her along. Peoples emotions are complicated. He was conflicted, that doesn't make him an asshole. I don't know why you aren't getting that Issa was the asshole of that relationship last season. And I'm not saying she can't, but come on. She been thirsty for that boy and she finally got him over. Lawrence is wrong when it comes to Tasha, but I'm meh on Issa. Though Tasha did know he had a girl last season and was still trying to get in there so....I don't know.

Issa was an asshole but she regretted her bad decisions. Lawrence is just out here being a fuckboy.

Tasha isn't at fault, I'm assuming he told her that it was over between him and Issa before they fucked. But Lawrence is a fuckboy so I don't even know if he even bothered....

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Lawrence was trying to creep his way into living with Tasha...typical fuckboy behavior.

Socivol

Issa was an asshole but she regretted her bad decisions. Lawrence is just out here being a fuckboy.

Tasha isn't at fault, I'm assuming he told her that it was over between him and Issa before they fucked. But Lawrence is a fuckboy so I don't even know if he even bothered....

He probably did because remember he initially rejected her because he had a girlfriend. I have a friend in a situation like this where she is fucking this dude she really likes and he has made it clear that he isn't looking for a relationship. We told her she has to detach her pussy from her heart if she wants him to keep coming over but she doesn't listen. He rolled over there with an overnight bag the other day and she let him stay. I'm like he's using you for a place to stay!

He probably did because remember he initially rejected her because he had a girlfriend. I have a friend in a situation like this where she is fucking this dude she really likes and he has made it clear that he isn't looking for a relationship. We told her she has to detach her pussy from her heart if she wants him to keep coming over but she doesn't listen. He rolled over there with an overnight bag the other day and she let him stay. I'm like he's using you for a place to stay!

Typical....men think they can do it and people let them. Team Lawrence my ass...

Socivol

Typical....men think they can do it and people let them. Team Lawrence my ass...

Well....my friend does let him. I roasted her ass but she still did it. He is supposed to just be a dick appointment but he came over with a bag AND went to sleep prior to dropping off the dick.

My friend is kind of like Molly where she has a career but her love life has been trash. She's been messing with this dude for over a year and getting played.

Well....my friend does let him. I roasted her ass but she still did it. He is supposed to just be a dick appointment but he came over with a bag AND went to sleep prior to dropping off the dick.

My friend is kind of like Molly where she has a career but her love life has been trash. She's been messing with this dude for over a year and getting played.

It's hard, especially when you're around Molly and Issa's age to find people who want a monogamous relationship. Men especially think they have all the cards and can do whatever the fuck they want. Like the term "side bitch" is now something that men are aspiring to have or are okay with having...

She should kick his ass out cuz unless the dick is bomb and he's fine....there are plenty of other men with better dick out there. The sooner you treat these trash ass fuckboy like the garbage that they are, the better they understand that they are Lawrences living on somebody else's blow up couch

Con_Smith

Banned
It was excellent but it also showed that Lawrence really ain't shit. It takes place THREE MONTHS post break up and he's still on an air mattress in his boy's house. His boy who is a realtor and could have helped him find a place. It almost felt like he was fishing for an invite to move in with Tasha during that lunch too. I was #LawrenceHive but this episode had made me jump off that ship. He really is a bum bitch and Issa deserves better.

No arguments from me. I dunno the prices in Inglewood but I'm sure his job could get him a decent 1 bdrm. I've done the surf though when times were hard/ stacking bread so I know the struggle can be real sometimes

kjlgflisabdlbilibkjsbflrabel;ob;aoe;oearboiaerbear

you wrong for that

😂 Took it from my group chat, but I was thinking it when it happened.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"You ever seen Lockup: Abroad? They gonna lock a broad up." Haha. And entire magazine rack full of manga?! Where was that when I was in school?

Whoa, the classic ex backslide. I can't hold it against Lawrence or Issa, that's the risk when you're around an ex.

Edit: I'm betting viewership has grown. #InsecureHBO has been the #1 US trend for the last couple hours, with #LawrenceHive right up there.

Nabs

Damn. Season 2 starting with a bang. That was a great episode. Very funny.

#tashahive. She's going to need all the support she can get.

Socivol

It's hard, especially when you're around Molly and Issa's age to find people who want a monogamous relationship. Men especially think they have all the cards and can do whatever the fuck they want. Like the term "side bitch" is now something that men are aspiring to have or are okay with having...

She should kick his ass out cuz unless the dick is bomb and he's fine....there are plenty of other men with better dick out there. The sooner you treat these trash ass fuckboy like the garbage that they are, the better they understand that they are Lawrences living on somebody else's blow up couch

Is it though? The rest of us are married or in a relationship, but when you let someone treat you like this they will. Also, he is fine and I heard the dick is bomb but if that's not what you want why would you even entertain that? Just like Tasha it's clear she wants more but she let's him come over every weekend to blow her back out and then leave. He's going to continue to do that if you allow him to.

ApharmdX

Banned
I loved s1 and last night's premier was cool as fuck, but I'm wondering how they are going to redeem Issa after s1? That ending was a start, maybe, wow.

Lawrence is doing Tasha kind of dirty though. He's like "we just having fun with NSA" to his boy and I laughed... he knows better. He knows she has some expectations but doesn't want to bring it up, hence the hesitation where he thought about asking if they could live together.

Lmao at Issa deserves better.

Yeah. I'm wondering did people even watch the same show's season 1 that I did?

Is someone a manga fan? Because that magazine stand in the library scene was almost all shounen jump, plus akira, silent möbius and a newtype magazine

Was it though? I would've agreed had he not kissed her on the cheek afterward.

Yeah, that complicated the scene. It's one of the things I like about the show - it's all complicated and messy and real. Really elevates the show from a comedy into something special.

Nabs

I can't express how happy last nights episode made me. It feels like Issa found the perfect balance between ABG and Insecure S1. The comedy was hitting, the drama was hitting, everything was just right. I hope she can win a few awards this season.

And shoutouts to Due North. "Oh bitch, let the bitch reeeeaaaad..." I hope we get more throughout the season.

Just now realizing that the ABB Blood is Darius, the baby-voiced nigga 😅 from ABG https://twitter.com/awkwardblkgrl/status/806892378699206656

If the show keeps this level of quality, the emmys need to bless Issa with best comedy next year. especially since atlanta won't be in contention.

If the show keeps this level of quality, the emmys need to bless Issa with best comedy next year. especially since atlanta won't be in contention.

HBO doesn't send much at all for this show for Emmy recognition. I hope that changes as this show is superior to Atlanta and every comedy next to Master of None.

the premiere looked extra gorgeous tonight. melina matsoukas needs an award.

"You ever seen Lockup: Abroad? They gonna lock a broad up." Haha.
That entire scene was comedic power. Kelli's actress is a fuckin talent and i can't wait for her show. the entire explanation about reparations had me rolllinggg.

lush

Was so ready for the fake out at the end of the ep? Holy shit, that was real. And the kiss? Looking forward to gray area Lawrence this season. Btw, Kelli is still the best character.

Also, <3 that little bit of Love Galore towards the end. More SZA this season please.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
where's Ratsky or Cornballer to tell us about the ratings doubling for the season premiere from the finale?

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million

The show got a big boost in the ratings from A: having a successful first season that built a larger audience over time & B: leading out of Game of Thrones and Ballers.

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Season 2:

The show got a big boost in the ratings from A: having a successful first season that built a larger audience over time & B: leading out of Game of Thrones and Ballers.

This makes my day!

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Season 2:

Gaddamn, I'm very impressed and happy. I really should get my wife on this show.

royalan

YAAAASSSS

The official podcast "Insecuritea" has finally released and it guests Jay Ellis (Lawrence) and Yvonne Orji (Molly).

If you're watching the show, you HAVE to be listening to this podcast. It's hilarious.

Dereck

Yeah, this is good

38DajmT.gif

Women in the workplace are between a rock and a hard place. Speak up about wage inequality but then get shouted down for being an outspoken woman.

YAAAASSSS

The official podcast "Insecuritea" has finally released and it guests Jay Ellis (Lawrence) and Yvonne Orji (Molly).

If you're watching the show, you HAVE to be listening to this podcast. It's hilarious.

Finally! will do.
Also I hope the season 2 soundtrack releases soon
Shows music is so good. Are there playlist out there with all the music they play in the show? Cant Shazam the whole every time I watch lol

Top Bottom