• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power |OT| - Nightclub/Drug Drama from 50 Cent on Starz - Saturdays 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKizzLE

Just caught up and finished all 3 seasons. Great show but it suffers from the same problems Sons of Anarchy did around the same point in that shows life. Both shows plots are all prolonged and pushed forward based on the fact that NO ONE wants to talk to each other. When major drama beats and story twists happen based on miscommunication or no communication at all, you get a show that just makes you say "COME ON SAHN!!" literally every episode. I can only suspend my belief for so long, especially when major characters start getting imprisoned or dying because of it. I just hope this show doesn't go full tilt like Sons did.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

When I Get Out

In the Season 4 premiere, Ghost's arrest for the murder of Agent Knox leaves him facing threats from a number of sources, while Tasha scrambles to raise bail as the Feds build a case. Meanwhile, Tommy tries to get comfortable in his new role and seeks help recovering Tariq.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
S3 was in a lot of way just setting the stage for S4...shit will be crazy this season. Expecting a lot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tasha's barbs at Angela (when she was searching their apartment) were great.

Overall the episode was just okay, but it definitely set the stage for an exciting season.

cw_sasuke

Very solid episode 1...man cant wait for James get out and ghost all his enemies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L + SD ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 462K
Episode 2: 614K
Episode 3: 472K
Episode 4: 557K
Episode 5: 528K
Episode 6: 745K
Episode 7: 754K
Episode 8: 1.08 million

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.42 million
Episode 2: 1.11 million
Episode 3: 1.14 million
Episode 4: 1.30 million
Episode 5: 1.24 million
Episode 6: 1.24 million
Episode 7: 1.25 million
Episode 8: 1.04 million
Episode 9: 1.36 million
Episode 10: 1.53 million

Season 3:

Episode 1: 2.26 million
Episode 2: 1.74 million
Episode 3: 1.87 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.80 million
Episode 6: 2.10 million
Episode 7: 1.83 million
Episode 8: 1.98 million
Episode 9: 2.03 million
Episode 10: 2.00 million

Season 4:

Episode 1: 1.68 million
Episode 2: 1.43 million
Episode 3: 1.71 million
Episode 4: 1.72 million
Episode 5: 1.78 million
Episode 6: 1.82 million
Episode 7: 1.68 million
Episode 8: 1.80 million
Episode 9: 1.89 million

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
"they made a monster out of me...

you wont see me when im coming. ill be laughing while you're running. ill be that monster you've been wanting."

foreshadowing. ghost is gonna be a beast when he gets out. cant wait.

Dynomutt

"they made a monster out of me...

you wont see me when im coming. ill be laughing while you're running. ill be that monster you've been wanting."

foreshadowing. ghost is gonna be a beast when he gets out. cant wait.

Ghost is gonna feast.

Glad they did not
stick with the kidnap plot.

The biggest enemy this season will be the writers. They did dig a bit of a hole last season. Kanan is the new Murdock this dude just won't die. I see two things happening
Tariq will ultimately kill Kanan to save his father or Ghost will lose Tariq to wanting to be a player the game.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Agreed .
The kidnap plot was silly and was going to make the story too complex with ghost in his situation.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Things Are Going to Get Worse

Ghost faces harassment; Proctor works to protect his client; the team discusses strategy for taking down St. Patrick; Tommy struggles to let go of his old duties; and Tasha tells the kids what's going on.

cw_sasuke

S4 on its way to be the best one...very god stuff so far.

Tommy with the upgrade.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The Kind of Man You Are

Prosecutors turn up the heat, forcing Tommy's plan to divert their attention; Teresi obtains information about Ghost and engineers a blackmail scheme; in his father's absence, Tariq seeks out Kanan.

50 already dropping classic lines this season:

Kanan to Tariq about his father's arrest by Angela: "Whatever she said he did...he did that shit."

Kanan consoling Tariq after he expressed his doubts about his father's charges: "I told you. I knew your dad a long time. He did that shit. Guilty as fuck."

cw_sasuke

50 already dropping classic lines this season:

Kanan to Tariq about his father's arrest by Angela: "Whatever she said he did...he did that shit."

Kanan consoling Tariq after he expressed his doubts about his father's charges: "I told you. I knew your dad a long time. He did that shit. Guilty as fuck."
They really turned Kanan into 50Cent how he presents himself on social media... Kanan is such a troll this season and I live it lol.

Laughed out loud when he dropped that" whatever she said.... " line.

They really turned Kanan into 50Cent how he presents himself on social media... Kanan is such a troll this season and I live it lol.

Laughed out loud when he dropped that" whatever she said.... " line.

Lol yeah.

Curious to see how and when Kanan comes out of the shadows. Does Ghost and crew put 2 and 2 together and figure it out themselves, or does Kanan make a surprise appearance (perhaps alongside Tariq while visiting his imprisoned father)?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

We're in This Together

Mak brings back Angela to the prosecution team and assigns her a task that brings her face-to-face with Tasha; Julio struggles to manage the primeras below him and Tommy's behavior; Tariq continues running with Kanan.

cw_sasuke

Gotta give to Tommy...he is THAT dude right now. Hitting LaLa and just taking care of business no matter if it means looking after Ghosts family or just straight up ending federal agents LOL.

Angela....imadeahugemistake.gif

Where the fuck did he even come from during that scene with Beecher.

And yeah, Tommy is keeping shit down. I'm actually enjoying Ghost taking a back seat so far, but the Reek/Giddy story is really starting to grate. Fiddy's character is pointless and is dragging the show down.

cw_sasuke

Tarik will end 50 this season...or at least be his downfall.

I'm not understanding Slim's actions here.

He's extorting the shit out of Dre and getting envelopes of money every month, yet robbing rich people's houses of their cheap TVs and shit. The fuck is he doing?

cw_sasuke

I'm not understanding Slim's actions here.

He's extorting the shit out of Dre and getting envelopes of money every month, yet robbing rich people's houses of their cheap TVs and shit. The fuck is he doing?

Getting money while building a relationship to Tarik ? I dont think there is some higher motive there...he isnt playing 4D chess.

I doubt cheap TVs are all they are staling...Jewelry/Money are probably worth the effort.

IKizzLE

Seems like 50 actually likes Tariq and sees all of this shit as bonding....a son he wish he had but never had. And what happened to the female cop...his cousin or w/e?

And Tommy is out here holding shit down. Damn. And Angela pisses me the fuck off. I'm mad nobody looked at footage from Truth before today. Smh.

Dynomutt

Seems like 50 actually likes Tariq and sees all of this shit as bonding....a son he wish he had but never had. And what happened to the female cop...his cousin or w/e?

And Tommy is out here holding shit down. Damn. And Angela pisses me the fuck off. I'm mad nobody looked at footage from Truth before today. Smh.

Naw Kanan is trying to hurt Ghost where it counts the most. Kanan feels like Ghost took Shawn away from him and put him in a position to have to kill Shawn because of his loyalty to Ghost. Kanan is like the Prometheus of Power he's a couple steps ahead.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Don't Thank Me

With tensions high, Silver warns Ghost that Tasha may have to testify. Also: now aware of Ghost's innocence, Angela struggles to find a way to stop the prosecution; and Teresi sets a plan in motion to eliminate Ghost.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was a good episode. I was surprised, but glad, to see Ghost get out of prison already - I figured that wouldn't happen until a bit later in the season.

Also surprised that Tommy completely confessed to Tasha re: Holly.

cw_sasuke

"Keep talking nigga"

50 continues to have the funniest lines and impressions lol.

But man Tommy leaving before finding out that Ghost is out....thats bad.

cw_sasuke

Am i the only one who felt a bit weird seeing the brutal murder of the ward considering Murphy just died a while ago ? Kinda thought they would censor it a bit.

Dynomutt

Am i the only one who felt a bit weird seeing the brutal murder of the ward considering Murphy just died a while ago ? Kinda thought they would censor it a bit.

Yeah that was a bit much just got to that part and wow. Made me say damn even if it is TV.

Edit: Was that not a camera in the top of that room? Assuming it was turned off.

LotusHD

Banned
Also is this the last thing we see him in? If so, yikes...

Well, in more happier news, glad Ghost is finally free. Also it continues to be hilarious how pretty much no one likes Angela.

Socivol

Yesterday's episode was one of the best in the series so much happened. I'm glad that
Ghost is out of jail
and that
Angela fucked up her career
. Did anyone else notice how the lawyer was all up on Tasha it was really weird to watch.

cw_sasuke

Well, in more happier news, glad Ghost is finally free. Also it continues to be hilarious how pretty much no one likes Angela.

Yeah they pretty much "killed" her character....i wonder if she will still be on the show this season. Everyone hates her, doubt she can be redeemed.

mooncakes

So are they are going to back to the plot and continue on where
Tommy killed Greg's buddy? Proctor just said I know a guy to clean up the mess and that was it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So i wasnt the only one...and yeah Ghost been through alot but it also was a bit out of character to go into such a Rage mode. I dont know the whole sequence felt weird to me.

I thought it was a dream sequence at first because I didn't think Ghost would ever allow himself to lose it like that.

cw_sasuke

I thought it was a dream sequence at first because I didn't think Ghost would ever allow himself to lose it like that.

Yeah....didnt make any sense thought he was dreaming or becoming paranoid.
Honestly i kinda hate when they portray Jaime like this...he is supposed to be the Ghost, even on the Stand he lost his Temper way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom