• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted comment

EA deserves all shit that is hopefully coming their way ruining games, developers and franchises with their bullshit.

EA tried to do good with IP's like Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and services like EA Access that has reasonably good value for it. But they cant help themselves can they?

Code:
They reduced the cost of heroes by 75 percent lol. Guess it worked.

What you're missing in the whole message is they also reduced the amount of credit earned in game to compensate as well.

zObsff9.png

Velius

Banned
How can this be legal? holy shit!

It's unbelievable.

I truly find no humor in the distress of anyone suffering over this.

But some of these things are just absolute gold.

"If we've already taken your money."

You'd think the PR guys would have more tact.

"If we've already sodomized your wallet"

sublime14

Neo Member
amazon is such a mess!!

pre ordered the physical copy of the deluxe game. says it wouldn't come here until the 16th even though i paid 5 bucks extra for fastest shipping(one day) on top of that i have prime.

so i got into the amazon chat and asked why do i have to wait until Thursday to get the game, people pre ordered this edition to play 3 days earlier. amazon said because limited copies in my area pshhh thats bs. i live in phoenix we have one of the biggest warehouses out here.

so i was like well anyway you can give me the digital copy of the game for the price i paid for physical which was about 40 bucks after amazon gift card

he said yes this time i will do that for you go ahead and cancel the order and reorder digitally and ill price match it.. i said are you sure because im 100% sure it will charge my card automatically.. oh no sir ill do it before you get charged go ahead and do that now.

did it got charged another 80 bucks. i was so furious i told him i want my money back and never doing business again you just straight up lied to me. like i knew i would get charged why did you tell me to do that give me back my money.

talked to someone for an 2 hours saying it will take 3 days to get my money back like really now i cant even order the game because your stupid staff told me he would give me the same price on digital since the physical wouldn;t come until Thursday.

NEVER AGAIN WITH AMAZON LOL

So i was speaking to support last night about some disconnection issues i've been having with the free trial of SWBFII when the support guy i was talking to said this.

I had a sensible chuckle because i know the record they just broke which is really prompting this response, but they must be having some serious issues behind the scenes because the guy gave me 15 extra hours of game time on my free trial (25 hours in total) and a 15% off voucher on top of that. For a relatively minor issue, was way over generous considering the last time i had a similar issue with another title i never even got a response before my case was closed and after multiple tries to speak to support they essentially said "too bad".

Gold_Loot

So i was speaking to support last night about some disconnection issues i've been having with the free trial of SWBFII when the support guy i was talking to said this.

I had a sensible chuckle because i know the record they just broke which is really prompting this response, but they must be having some serious issues behind the scenes because the guy gave me 15 extra hours of game time on my free trial (25 hours in total) and a 15% off voucher on top of that. For a relatively minor issue, was way over generous considering the last time i had a similar issue with another title i never even got a response before my case was closed and after multiple tries to speak to support they essentially said "too bad".
Need for Speed released?

Has there been any consistency among communities on how to rectify this situation? Is there a way to rectify it? Is it just eliminating Positive Progression items from loot boxes? Eliminate loot boxes all together? Paying for maps/heroes instead? Or is it simply, give everything for the $60 price and free continued support throughout the games life?

Still haven't heard a concise format people are wanting... just screaming that they don't want this.

(not defending them, just curious in terms of game design ect.)

Has there been any consistency among communities on how to rectify this situation? Is there a way to rectify it? Is it just eliminating Positive Progression items from loot boxes? Eliminate loot boxes all together? Paying for maps/heroes instead? Or is it simply, give everything for the $60 price and free continued support throughout the games life?

Still haven't heard a concise format people are wanting... just screaming that they don't want this.

(not defending them, just curious in terms of game design ect.)

There is only one way to rectify it.

Don't buy these kind of games.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t get how this loot box is affecting your guys decision.

It’s like you people were looking for a scape goat to not buy the game when half of you boot up your Xbox which basically has the same style menu and advertises to you.

I don’t get how this loot box is affecting your guys decision.

It’s like you people were looking for a scape goat to not buy the game when half of you boot up your Xbox which basically has the same style menu and advertises to you.

I dont mind EA charging for loot boxes, its the pay to win aspect that bothers me.
I worry that the uneven playing field this creates, kind of makes playing the game fell pointless.
If I kill an opponent, did I outplay him, or just have a higher leveled character etc?
The base game is $120 AUD here in Australia, on XBL too. Thats not cheap.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I find it somewhat amusing that people will grind away for hundreds of hours playing Destiny or Call of Duty or even Diablo III blissfully if not sometimes frustratingly seeking the best gear and unlocks but just because there is an option to buy more chances to unlock better gear in SWBF2, people are tossing this game aside before even playing it. Time and time again playing FIFA Ultimate Team I have played and beaten people who must have spent a small fortune on packs to get the best players, while I get along with the base game. If BF2’s gameplay is lousy, then it is a lousy game. But knowing I can unlock stuff without spending an extra dime and have fun in what appears to be a great Star Wars atmosphere, I am still in and ready to play.

The defense force defending this bullshit, predatory, anti-consumer practice in here as well as in other threads is mindboggling.

There's some serious stockholm syndrome going on.

DenogginizerOS

The defense force defending this bullshit, predatory, anti-consumer practice in here as well as in other threads is mindboggling.

Nah, just a Star Wars fan that isn’t bothered by people paying to try and get better stuff. Some of us just don’t get worked up about it as much as others.

As an aside, comparing a video game’s loot system to Stockholm syndrome is a little dramatic. No one is holding me against my will and while I appreciate DICE’s efforts, I don’t love them nor have I lost the ability to be critical of them if I don’t like something they did. But none of this is personal; it is a video game.

OuterLimits

Maybe EA is upset they have been getting knocked out in early rounds of the "worst companies" brackets. Time to reclaim the championship.

In all seriousness though, I kind of feel bad for the person having to spin for EA on reddit.. Definitely a no win situation.

DenogginizerOS

The criticism of this game is based on the ability for an individual to buy access to higher quality stuff faster than someone who doesn’t. To the person who chooses not to spend more because they have self control and a budget, the question they have is whether or not the game is fun to play, online or offline and worth the $60 price tag for admission. If the game is poorly designed from a gameplay standpoint, then that is a far bigger problem than loot. But if playing better and smarter gains you success and provides you entertainment, then I am not going to worry about how someone earns the better gear.

On a similar note, I often lag way behind others when it comes to unlocking stuff let alone how certain spots on maps are better than others when it comes to strategy, so I somewhat accept I am going to probably lag behind others when it comes to success. Having said that, I can pick up other DICE shooters after not playing for a while and find many ways to contribute and have fun. If SWBF2 can replicate that experience, I will get my money’s worth.

PSlayer

EA's response to the removal of the pre-order cancelation button is already at 13+k downvotes.

God i hope this translate in an underwhelming launch.

It still baffles me that people preorder games. Especially games published by EA. member when we vowed to never pre purchase a game after battlefield 4? I member.

Agreed

I get it. It’s Star Wars and Star Wars is awesome. That doesn’t make it OK to let a company abuse their consumers

wolgoen

EA's response to the removal of the pre-order cancelation button is already at 13+k downvotes.

God i hope this translate in an underwhelming launch.

Wwww what? That’s a new kind of low and likely a breach of some rule or right somewhere.

I hope the AMA on SWBF reddit descends into chaos. They’ve already said they will withdraw if the comments get out of control but let’s be honest, nothing is going to change, it’s just damage control and EA pretending to give a **** about the community.

DenogginizerOS

Agreed

I get it. It’s Star Wars and Star Wars is awesome. That doesn’t make it OK to let a company abuse their consumers
I think abuse is a bit of an extreme term here. Plus, the developers are vowing to make more changes. Let’s see how the game plays and people react to the gameplay before we condemn it as something abusive.

Old Empire.

I bought the early access edition and have not bought a crate and am easily beating gamers online, who got 3 cards unlocked already for their class. You can't beat gamer skill. The pay to win advantage is not noticeable.

The phrase “average per-player credit earn rates” should be cast into the fires of hell and burned forever. I cannot believe a PR professional would put that scummy bullshit into a public response. Sheesh.

Top Bottom