• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 announcement trailer leaked

cednym

Banned
I'm sorry if this has been posted, but I searched and didn't find anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cr42Rt_AK4 (THQ keeps taking the links down, but it's easy enough to find the video if you look for it.)

Roster

WWE
  • Big Show
  • Chris Jericho
  • CM Punk
  • Mark Henry
  • Sheamus

Attitude Era
  • Mankind
  • Steve Austin
  • Undertaker

Arenas

WWE
  • Hell in a Cell
  • SmackDown

JdFoX187

Banned
Glad to see outside fighting is back. Hopefully they continue to polish stuff they introduced in WWE '12. The game was decent with the exception of some hit detection issues and glitches. They also need to bring back the weapons physics of SvR '11. The ones in '12 are really toned down.

I played this last year. And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

I wish they would take a year or two off and actually make it better.

GQman2121

Banned
I played this last year. And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

You're part of the problem. Stop giving them money and maybe they'll think about putting out a different product.

Why isn't there a WWE All-Stars 2? The only good wrestling game THQ has put out since the N64, except for it lacking tons of features/modes.

JdFoX187

Banned

I expect a break when they transition to next-gen. Perhaps have a small team shit out a quick game while the majority work on a new-ish engine. It's what they did going into this gen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Holy crap this looks awful. What an awful trailer.

On the one hand I want THQ to survive and come back from the brink.

On the other I'd really like it if somebody else made WWE games because these games are atrocious.

Truth right here, folks.

I had both WWE '12 and WWE All-Stars at one point.

I only own one now. Guess which one that is?
I'm surprised there hasn't been an All-Stars 2. It was really fun.

I expect a break when they transition to next-gen. Perhaps have a small team shit out a quick game while the majority work on a new-ish engine. It's what they did going into this gen.
Hopefully when that happens they can actually have a server that works for Community Creation at launch!

brumx

Looks even worse lol the DC wrestling games have WAY better graphics than these games ever did and those came out 1999 I give up. YAY for 1 generic arenas and indoor wrestlemania

I like the way it looks this year. Graphics look a little cel shaded. I do wish that they'd release it on PC, but if its good I'll just re-buy a 360.

I hear we might be getting the New Age Outlaws this year too.

JdFoX187

Banned
Hopefully when that happens they can actually have a server that works for Community Creation at launch!

No, no. That's going to be a bullet point feature.

Community Creations: Check out custom created superstars, divas, arenas and stories from the entire WWE Community! This time, it actually works!

They'll also no doubt eventually add in the ability to use custom arenas online and tout it as a new feature.

Looks even worse lol the DC wrestling games have WAY better graphics than these games ever did and those came out 1999 I give up. YAY for 1 generic arenas and indoor wrestlemania

Not sure if serious. The graphics may not be that great, but they're certainly better than the fucking Dreamcast games.

cednym

Banned
I'm not one to defend these games, but I don't think it's fair to judge the graphics based on that trailer. I thought WWE '12 looked really good.

QEVVa.gif

Looks cool.

Rumble Roses XX is still the best.

What happened to Brawl?

Why did we get a remake of WrestleFest but not WM: The Arcade Game?

And All-Stars 2...DO DAT SHIT DIRTY!!!

Looks cool.

Rumble Roses XX is still the best.

What happened to Brawl?

Why did we get a remake of WrestleFest but not WM: The Arcade Game?

And All-Stars 2...DO DAT SHIT DIRTY!!!

Who would even release the arcade game? It was a Midway game, wasn't it?

PIN EM' PIN EM' PIN EM' PIN EM'

This match was won by...SHAWN MICHAELS!

Backflip

I've started playing WWE 12 again a couple of days ago and I can't believe how good some of the CAWs look. I downloaded an awesome Ultimate Warrior with his Wrestemania VII and Summerslam 92 attires. They look better than some of the stuff THQ put out.

With that said, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the You've Got Fans achievement. My Kinnikuman CAW (which doesn't look very good) is stuck at 3 downloads. Could a couple of you help me out (my gamertag is Romaaain)? I'll download your wrestlers in return if you need me to.

Also, I was supposed to play WWE 13 last week in London at a THQ press event but they decided to only show Darksiders II, Metro Last Light and Company of Heroes 2. I was pretty bummed. Since I'm not going to E3, I hope I'll get to play it soon.

Hey guys I hear this is the game where they finally add all those features we really want and the game where they finally fix all the glitches and broken gameplay.

For realz.

Fuck THQ.

WHERE IS WWE ALL STARS 2!

YoungHav

Banned
If there were ever a series that I wanted to see fail. Year in and out the same effin game, they never fixed the AI fuck them. After purchasing 6 titles in the series, I am done. SvR11 will be my last purchased.

Who would even release the arcade game? It was a Midway game, wasn't it?

PIN EM' PIN EM' PIN EM' PIN EM'

This match was won by...SHAWN MICHAELS!

If a re-release was all they were going to do then I would assume WB would handle that. A remake would be dope though. It got close with All-Stars and Brawl was going to up that by a mile. But to see a real sequel do what that game did better would be a dream come true. WM: The Arcade is still my favorite WWF/E just because it was technically NBA Jam Wrestling.

NOBODY...MESSES...WITH...THE BAD GUY!!!!

Loved Wrestlemania the Arcade game and AllStars... also loved WWE 12. It was really different than years prior, looking forward to this years.

They should just put Punk v. Bryan on the cover and call it a day.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Other than Jericho (who should have been in as a legend) and Tensai, its pretty much the same roster as last year, only less people (Bellas, Maryse :( )

Xav

Looks awful as per usual, why THQ dropped AKI or even their GameCube wrestling engine for the Smackdown games is beyond me. Here Comes The Pain was the last time these "Smackdown" games were any good, okay maybe Smackdown VS Raw 2006.
Any idea who has the TNA license now that Midway is gone, maybe they can give AKI a call.

Looks horrible and you know the stuff like breaking the barrier and fighting in crowd and ring break are only going to be cutscenes in the road to wrestlemania mode. Atleast after this year THQ will be gone and it will go to a new developer right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looks horrible and you know the stuff like breaking the barrier and fighting in crowd and ring break are only going to be cutscenes in the road to wrestlemania mode. Atleast after this year THQ will be gone and it will go to a new developer right?

There's nothing saying that whoever takes over the series after THQ won't just go with Yukes again. They have over a decade of experience, and unfortunately, their games sell millions.

Top Bottom