• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Dark Rider

Sorry for popping out of no where, I was checking the OT and I noticed that Germany number of world cup wins was not updated, Germany has 4 total now :)

Cystm

Lampard is expected to make his debut for NYCFC July 12 against Toronto FC at Yankee Stadium. Until then, he will continue to get acclimated to his new teammates and his new surroundings.

Here he is training alongside David Villa. Via Skysports.

SlnaXHc.jpg

Steven Gerrard is set to make his debut for Los Angeles Galaxy on July 11 in an International Champions Cup game at home to Mexico's Club America, a match which will be screened live on Sky Sports.

Según averiguó Medio Tiempo, en Houston Dynamo esperan que el Cubo reporte con el equipo el 8 de julio, día en el que se abre la ventana de fichajes en la MLS de Estados Unidos.

According to the Italian website, gianlucadimarzio.com, Orlando City could soon be making a move for Schalke 04’s midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng.

According to the site, Kaka recently contacted Kevin Prince Boateng to try to convince him to consider a move to Orlando, since he’s been having a few issues with his German club. The 2 players were teammates at AC Milan during Kaka’s second stint at the Italian club.

Well-placed source says Chicago expressed interest in Jimmy Nielsen for managerial position. Oklahoma City thus far unwilling to discuss.

Yes, let's add more garbage to the dumpster fire that is this team.

Sorry for popping out of no where, I was checking the OT and I noticed that Germany number of world cup wins was not updated, Germany has 4 total now :)

Thanks, fixed that.

Cystm

Ethan Finlay is on fire. He has a brace in the 75th minute.

2 -1 Columbus

Edit: And that score would be 4 - 1 if not for Robles.

Nice save by Clark on the other end.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
2 handballs that weren't called, but a result that's not surprising given the amount of games we've played in the past 18 days.

Mark Fishkin put it best:

#RBNY goes 4-2 in six-match, 18-day run, beating two other NY teams & advancing to the USOC Quarters. Pre-tay, pre-tay good.

We're on to New England.

Coach

Been getting more into soccer the past few years. When I saw the MLS live reduced price on here I went ahead and signed up. Nice to actually be able to bounce around the games tonight.

I live in KY and want to check out a Louisville City FC (USL) game. Live about 90 minutes from Louisville and we just had our 2nd baby in March - tough to get away right now, but hopefully will make one this year and more next season.

xbhaskarx

I live in KY and want to check out a Louisville City FC (USL) game. Live about 90 minutes from Louisville and we just had our 2nd baby in March - tough to get away right now, but hopefully will make one this year and more next season.

Looks like they're doing quite well...

Louisville City FC @loucityfc
Another record crowd for LouCity!!! 8,254 great City fans packed the stands on this Holiday weekend. #LOUvRIC

Coach

It's been very well received so far. Beat Richmond tonight 3-0 in Louisville. Crowds have great - even though they play in the Louisville Bats (Cincinnati Reds AAA team) stadium.

Luckily all the games are streamed on YouTube so I can at least watch them like that.

It will be interesting to see if they can get their own venue as the USL wants all teams to have soccer specific stadium by 2020. They could take the old baseball stadium at the fair grounds that is not used right now and renovate it. Not sure they would build a brand new venue.

Plus it was announced that Orlando City is cutting ties with Louisville and wanting to create an Orlando City II minor league team. Not sure how that will affect the organization.

You know it's coming. TFC always sucks more than usual when they face LA.
Yeah, it just sucks. I'm also getting incredibly tired of refs giving all the calls to the league's stars. Like the non-foul on Creavalle against Keane a few minutes ago. He (or Villa) just needs to hit the ground and the reference blows his whistle, no questions asked.

Dartastic

I just now realized that this wasn't in community yet. Nice.

I'm legit scared for the second half of the season. Galaxy are already very good, but with Gerrard and potentially Dos Santos... That's fucking FRIGHTNING. really don't want LA to pull a sixth title. That would be absurd.

I just now realized that this wasn't in community yet. Nice.

I'm legit scared for the second half of the season. Galaxy are already very good, but with Gerrard and potentially Dos Santos... That's fucking FRIGHTNING. really don't want LA to pull a sixth title. That would be absurd.

I thought we all agreed we were going to root for the LA Galaxy this year. :)

Azuran

Banned
Yawn, typical result in LA. Wish we didn't have to play these games without our best players. MLS scheduling just punishes you for having good players.

Dartastic

Yawn, typical result in LA. Wish we didn't have to play these games without our best players. MLS scheduling just punishes you for having good players.
Didn't watch the game, but it's okay to just admit that LA is a FRIGHTENINGLY good team. They bodied us 5-0 a little over a week ago. Granted, we were having a very off night, but still. LA is very good, and they're only going to get better.

Cystm

Boom. Salvaged a point.

Would've really like to have seen Kaka threaten them further.

Bad ref, bad call. Glad you guys were able to get a point out of that mess.

Didn't watch the game, but it's okay to just admit that LA is a FRIGHTENINGLY good team. They bodied us 5-0 a little over a week ago. Granted, we were having a very off night, but still. LA is very good, and they're only going to get better.

They are looking to be in a strong position for another cup run as long as they stay healthy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't even want to think about how they'll look once Gerrard and dos Santos join up. May as well just give them the Cup now.

Though, on the bright side, if they take the Champion's League seriously they'd probably be able to win MLS that trophy.

Dartastic

I don't even want to think about how they'll look once Gerrard and dos Santos join up. May as well just give them the Cup now.

Though, on the bright side, if they take the Champion's League seriously they'd probably be able to win MLS that trophy.
I don't want to think about it either. That being said, I would really love to see an MLS squad bring home a Champions league trophy.

xbhaskarx

And then the Quakes beat LA 3-1... prepare to lose 15-0 on Sunday.

The LA Galaxy are starting to look great once again. Currently they are in third place, but unfortunately they have played the most games out of any team. I can see why people are tired of the LA Galaxy, but as a fan it has been a great run. Keane was probably trying to impress Steven Gerrard with the hat trick and Lletget has been a pretty nice surprise addition to the team.

Why Swedish midfielder Stefan Ishizaki is leaving the LA Galaxy

I cannot believe we just lost Stefan Ishizaki. The news came out of nowhere. Pretty big loss in my opinion. First Marcelo Sarvas and now Ishizaki. I hope him the best with his family.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know, watching him play last night I got the impression he was not too happy. Maybe he knew it was coming.

Hopefully another MLS team grabs him.

My Fire seem to be going after everyone's leftovers. Maybe we'll pick him up.

annEKsO.png

From the sound of it he wants to go back to Sweden, so no one will be picking him up.

Top Bottom