• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD out in the autumn

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Aren't both games being remade in the FOX Engine for this?

Nope, don't know where you got that from, they are just ports of the PS2 versions and up-res'd in the typical HD Collection fashion.
Can't say I know if they are tinkering with the textures at all though.

I never played ZOE2, only the first. Bought the first back in 2004 and expected to play it but never did. Last year I sold my sealed copy for $75, haha! Basically paid for this collection outright. Can't wait to finally experience the 2nd game.

Keen to get this (probably on Vita), but after the Silent Hill Collection debacle I went and grabbed a PS2 copy of Second Runner anyway just in case (only had the first one before that).

As previously detailed, Zone of the Enders HD Night Fastest in the Universe ReBOOT Preview will take place at Shinjuku's Wald 9 theater on May 25 from 18:30 to 21:00. Konami previously only said that attendees for the paid event would get to see talk sessions between the staff and voice cast, a special live performance, and see the latest ZOE footage.

Today, Konami announced that the event will also have a playable corner and goods corners. You won't need a ticket to access these, but depending on crowds attendance may be limited.

To play the game, visit Shinjuku Wald 9's Cafe Oase from 21:00 to 22:30 on the 25th. The game will also be playable there on the 26th and 27th from 8:00 to 22:30.

http://andriasang.com/con12o/zoe_hd_playable_debut/

atk-x-8cqaan6v8rpc8w.jpg

http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/203434699098570753

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Loved the original but never played the second (which I hear is mch improved), cant wait.

Hope it comes to Vita.

Konosuke

Decided to make an avatar out of that new (as far as I've seen) Jehuty image. Here:

AWERf.png

Snip. Can't wait to have that on my PS3. Shinkawa mechs ftw.

They would have said it was Bluepoint by now; we knew Bluepoint was doing MGS HD Collection since it was in the original announcement.

I would suspect that it's Genki, since they worked on Peace Walker HD with KojiPro.
What other games have Genki made?

Huff

Banned
They would have said it was Bluepoint by now; we knew Bluepoint was doing MGS HD Collection since it was in the original announcement.

I would suspect that it's Genki, since they worked on Peace Walker HD with KojiPro.

How was the Peace Walker port?

How was the Peace Walker port?
On PS3, outside of some cutscenes where the top 1/8th of the screen for some reason looked like it was interlacing or melding into itself, things ran pretty smoothly and pretty good. There was some slowdown in a particular boss mission involving a rapid succession of 2D fireballs, but otherwise good work.

Jubern

Really good. 60fps, redrawn art for about everything. And perfect controls thanks to the second stick, though it made a not-so-challenging game piss easy :p

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm also pretty sure the Big Boss face model used in the HD version was the high-poly version used in the opening and ending cinematics, and not the one usually used ingame in the PSP version. Which is a really nice touch, since it looks leaps and bounds better. Think Shenmue Passport models.

/XX/

The ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD EDITION special webpage lists that the tickets for the main event are already sold out, so those who can go to the other non-fee-required activities will probably have difficulties to access them if there are many people interested, as it seems to be:

ZONE OF THE ENDERS | HD EDITION
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/hd/zoe/

Ridley327

Really good. 60fps, redrawn art for about everything. And perfect controls thanks to the second stick, though it made a not-so-challenging game piss easy :p

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm also pretty sure the Big Boss face model used in the HD version was the high-poly version used in the opening and ending cinematics, and not the one usually used ingame in the PSP version. Which is a really nice touch, since it looks leaps and bounds better. Think Shenmue Passport models.

I think you're right; it sticks out since the body is still the same old low poly PSP model.

And yes, Peace Walker HD came out pretty great, but the ZOE titles (especially 2) will be more challenging to port over since they're vastly more complex in the tech department. I'm not worried too much about it since KojiPro will be there every step of the way, but any developer would have their work cut out for them.

Am I the only person who found ZoE1 to be superior to the 2nd?

All I want from ZoE is constantly fighting robots in an open space. ZoE2 didn't really provide that that well because they always had you doing something special like trying to find where to go on a linear path in the canyons, trying to slowly navigate through invisible land mines, and shit. I guess they tried to make up for it with that mass war battle that happened in 0.3 FPS.

Am I the only person who found ZoE1 to be superior to the 2nd?

I really don't know why unless you really liked the fact that they let your fly around more. They took that out of the second game because a lot of it was pointless, so they just dumped you into the meat of the game in the second one.

I really don't know why unless you really liked the fact that they let your fly around more. They took that out of the second game because a lot of it was pointless, so they just dumped you into the meat of the game in the second one.

There really was not that much meat to me. Half the game was doing random shit. Which is why I don't get why it has so much love over the first.

Aru

I hope they fix the camera in closed environments in ZOE2. It was nearly a deal breaker for me. I didn't really enjoy the first half of the game...

Top Bottom