• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

Not sure if you get it, but Sky Atlantic or someone like them will likely pick up the rights, if they have streaming on their site and all that.

(I don't know the answer, though.)

Sky are already including Twin Peaks in their "coming 2017" promos, and they have a deal in place with Showtime for their content so luckily we've known for some time it was going to be shown here in the UK.

Hopefully they'll do a Game of Thrones style airing where it's as close as possible to the US broadcast time. It was a pain avoiding Westworld spoilers, and that was only a couple of days after the US transmission.

PURE. HEROIN.

I'm happy they barely made the 25 year gap between the season 2 final. It's the little things.
Completely agree. I know it would have only barely missed the 25 year gap had this released this fall so it wouldn't have been a huge deal but it's so nice they squeezed it in the "see you again in 25 years" window

kevin1025

Banned
Sky are already including Twin Peaks in their "coming 2017" promos, and they have a deal in place with Showtime for their content so luckily we've known for some time it was going to be shown here in the UK.

Hopefully they'll do a Game of Thrones style airing where it's as close as possible to the US broadcast time. It was a pain avoiding Westworld spoilers, and that was only a couple of days after the US transmission.

Ah, that's good then!

Also, there seems to be rumblings on Twitter of a trailer incoming? No one seems to know when, though.

Updated OP with some plot details, S3 is primarily about "Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks" apparently.

Explains all the desert/Nevada locations from shooting

Updated OP with some plot details, S3 is primarily about "Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks" apparently.

Explains all the desert/Nevada locations from shooting

Ohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohman

Maybe Twin Peaks is like the island from Lost.

It's going to take some doing to get back to.

Yep, I'm really interested to see how they tackle his
battle with Bob and eventual "escape".

Also, some light spoilers for new season:
we know he gets involved with the mob out in the desert, some set photos of him with James Belushi and Robert Knepper, the new Castigliani bros?

Cels

so how good do people think this will be?

somewhere between s1 and s2? s1 level? or better than s1 level? or, god forbid, worse than s2?

Easily my most hyped thing happening this year. I've been quietly buzzing about Twin Peaks since New Years Day. This is the year.

Twin Peaks left a special and lasting impression on my 18 year old mind when it first aired. In someway like television itself, it formed and shaped me through all these intervening years.

I cannot wait, it is happening again.

Loving all the thumbs up gifs, thanks everyone. My five year old son and I thumbs up each other all the time. In quite a specific way. He learnt it from me, and I just realized where I learnt it. Heh.

Love this show. Will be rewatching it all again before before the new season.

I'm just happy that David Lynch and Mark Frost got to make it the way they wanted. Even if doesn't live up to the hype for me - I will still be happy, because it is what they wanted. Saying that though, it's gonna special anyway, ain't it.

Official one sheet from Showtime twitter:

C1w3OdqVQAEIZFh.jpg:large

Real Hero

somewhere between s1 and s2? s1 level? or better than s1 level? or, god forbid, worse than s2?
I think it will be like the movie, great but different than what people remember and it might put them of.

120v

knowing lynch i expect this to be completely different from either. sort of like FWWM, really its own thing with vestiges of "twin peaks" thrown in

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As excited as I am for Twin Peaks Season 3 I'm hoping that Lynch had a good time with this and maybe gets the spark to make some films again.

KayMote

That's actual a good reminder that I still need to watch the second season. I really liked the first one - the whimsical and almost mythical atmosphere of this microcosm was really great, but for some reason (despite the cliffhanger in the season finale) I never had the urge to watch the second season right away and for some reason it disappeared from my radar.

Fire Walk with me was some sort of prequel right?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm thinking about the last X-Files season and keeping my excitement in check.
Well...there's good reason to not compare the two. I mean, Lynch wouldn't be doing this if he wasn't excited about it or didn't have the proper freedom. And he has never compromised himself yet in his career. X Files, on the other hand, didn't have a genius and a vision behind it like Lynch, just a TV runner who hit a homer.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That's actual a good reminder that I still need to watch the second season. I really liked the first one - the whimsical and almost mythical atmosphere of this microcosm was really great, but for some reason (despite the cliffhanger in the season finale) I never had the urge to watch the second season right away and for some reason it disappeared from my radar.

Fire Walk with me was some sort of prequel right?
Have you heard about the second season? It legendarily flies off the train tracks due to Lynch leaving the show. You may be okay just watching the first couple episodes and the finale.

KayMote

Have you heard about the second season? It legendarily flies off the train tracks due to Lynch leaving the show. You may be okay just watching the first couple episodes and the finale.

I actually didn't know that - seems like I haven't missed much then. Will probably still look into it to be somewhat prepared for season 3.

Sky actually show game of thrones simultaneously with the usa at 2am, think i might have to start begging them by email to do the same with twin peaks

Corpsepyre

Banned
I can't believe we're almost there. This is surreal. GAF, 18 hours of Lynch is going to drive you insane. You are not prepared.

Should I bother watching the second season if I already know what happens in it?

Absolutely. Experiencing it is entirely different than hearing about it. Especially the Lynch directed ones. There's only about 3 poor episodes. With some scattered crap in the latter episodes. Finale is pure gold.

Yes. There's a lot of brilliant in season two. It does sag a bit in second third of the season, but it comes right back to awesome by the end.
This is so true. A lot of the best scenes and episodes are in season 2. But at the same time from begging to end it isn't nearly as consistent in quality as season 1 and season 2 has the worst stuff in the series as well.

gun_haver

This is correct. It bothers me when people say 'season 2 is bad'. Half of it is excellent and I enjoy it more than season one - it's darker, stranger and funnier.

Yeah no doubt those episodes from 10-16 (and i'd go as far to say the wyndam earl stuff stank too, so all the way to the finale) are a blight on the show when watching the whole thing, but it doesn't diminish what came before - or that excellent finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom