• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A mexican kid stole your DS and ran for the border. Let's learn Spanish!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Holy shit. :lol

How did that get past NOA?

ezekial45 said:
This is a joke, right? RIGHT?

180344b.jpg

So his friend and his parents are being chased by the police, and all he cares about is his DS? And now this aunt is going to drop off this 8 year old kid in Tijuana and leave him for dead... Sounds great!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
WTF?

"Need a ride, my boy?"
"I can teach you many things, and Spanish is definitely one of them!"

Holy shit.

sykoex said:
How they haven't come out with japanese training in the US is beyond me.
Yeah, I know. With the Japanese-speaking population of the United States growing at such an alarming rate, survival Nihongo is fast becoming a necessity.

Beaulieu

sykoex said:

hmmm

im pretty sure 95% of the people (outside of gaf) would rather learn spanish than japanese.

180432b.jpg

TJ Spyke

sykoex said:

Considering that Nintendo has already released 2 English training games in Japan, I am surprised that they (or Ubisoft) has released a Japanese one here. Ubisoft is making "My Spanish Coach" and "My French Coach", let's hope for a "My Japanese Coach" eventually.

Also, what the hell is "They don't call me Gina Vasquez for nothing" supposed to mean? Is that name some kind of pun or double entendre in Spanish?

Father_Brain said:
Also, what the hell is "They don't call me Gina Vasquez for nothing" supposed to mean? Is that name some kind of pun or double entendre in Spanish?

Well, it's Spanish obviously, meaning she can naturally speak and teach Spanish. I mean, if she didn't know Spanish, no one would call her Gina Vasquez, of course.

This game is gold!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Beaulieu said:
hmmm im pretty sure 95% of the people (outside of gaf) would rather learn spanish than japanese.

Pero yo hablo Castilliano... y no hablo japonés. ¡"Mi entrenador de japonés" por favor!

vMaxx

BuddhaRockstar said:
So his friend and his parents are being chased by the police, and all he cares about is his DS? And now this aunt is going to drop off this 8 year old kid in Tijuana and leave him for dead... Sounds great!
:lol :lol :lol

ChazAshley said:
wait... what's the legitimate non joke reason why the cops were chasing that kid's car?

Well with that kind of a car, you have to assume that the kids dad is a drug baron or something.

and wtf @ the part abut him being the child of her favorite brother-in-law.. how about him being the child of one of her sisters???

why does her sister not know spanish?

IPGlider

The Faceless Master said:
that's more extinct than english from england...
Oh, maybe, but here, in Spain, a lot of people refer to the language as "castellano" and not as "español". And I'm one of them. :p

The Faceless Master said:
and wtf @ the part abut him being the child of her favorite brother-in-law.. how about him being the child of one of her sisters???

why does her sister not know spanish?

She married his father's brother.

2hwnpf9.gif

HugBasket

Banned
...but how does learning spanish help you get your DS back? Like, how will it go down? That kid tells you to pass a test and then he'll give it back to you because this was all some hoax by your family to get you to learn another language...reminds me of Anger Management.

ElFly

IPGlider said:
Spanish, from Spain, to be more exact castillian from the old Castilla. Every other spanish is just fucked up.

That cover makes me sick.

If only spaniards didn't have that crazy, incomprehensible accent. It's like they are eating while talking.

Top Bottom