• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami puts up teaser page for Castlevania: Lord of Shadows sequel

jokkir

I think they're teasing the game on Konami's Facebook page.

9c3Oq.jpg

The Dragon Returns on 5.31.12

Teaser site:
http://www.thedragonreturns.com/

In the source code:
CLOS Teaser Page

Konami's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/konami

Obvious teaser. Dracul literally means 'the Dragon', so..

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We have a date for the unveiling of both Lord of Shadows 2 and Mirror of Fate :D

Here's hoping they iron out some of the jank from Lord of Shadows, because the game's art and music were gorgeous and the basic idea of the combat and the two-magic-meter system was a very solid one even if the execution was flawed. What I mean is that the puzzles and combat and platforming should be much much better and for fuck's sake the framerate needs to be a locked 30fps at the very, very least.

Derrick01

Banned
Well I'm definitely excited to see how they follow up the really good first game. Hopefully it's an actual sequel and no prequel bullshit.

AAK

But... at the end of LOS:
Gabrielle is in present time
. I want to see what transpires from that!

Seik

Banned
I need to go back and beat the 1st game. I am over halfway through it, but then I just lost interest for some reason.

Same here, except that I lost interest way before being halfway through. :(

I need to give it a chance, I lost interest because it didn't feel like a castlevania, but now I need to look at it as 'the game' alone.

I wonder if 2/3 of the game will be filler this time around. First game was just decent, there are certainly a lot of room for improvements.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does Gaf suggest LoS (1)?

I think it's a pretty good game. It falters in places, and the screen tearing is unbelievably bad, but I was actually really surprised by how good the game is.

The DLC is awful, though. Avoid it.

Ahasverus

I think it's a pretty good game. It falters in places, and the screen tearing is unbelievably bad, but I was actually really surprised by how good the game is..
Ehm, nope? LoS has ZERO tearing.
Framerate could be completely nuts in parts though.

this doesn't look like what i was expecting after the LoS' ending...
The LoS epilogue was just a "safe measure" in case LoS wasn't too succesful I think. If LoS flopped they only had to make the sequel in present times and end the series. It wasn't the case so they are telling the full story now, and i expect each newq game telling a little part of the present day story in the epilogue.

I think it's time to discuss the LoS without spoilers, especially on this thread, don't you think?

RPGCrazied

I think it's a pretty good game. It falters in places, and the screen tearing is unbelievably bad, but I was actually really surprised by how good the game is.

The DLC is awful, though. Avoid it.

I saw zero tearing in the ps3 version, and always look for that in game. 360 version?

Wonko_C

The Dragon Returns on 5.31.12

I know it's just the announcement but that makes it sound like the game will be released at the end of this month, and the line "The Dragon Returns" is more befitting of a martial arts game than a Castlevania.

(please be on PC too.)

Nemesis_

How ANNOYING that people are so obsessed with dragons lately. I hope this at least stays a little true to Castlevania's roots. I get Lords of Shadow was a reboot, but at the same time some links to the others would be nice.

Dascu

How ANNOYING that people are so obsessed with dragons lately. I hope this at least stays a little true to Castlevania's roots. I get Lords of Shadow was a reboot, but at the same time some links to the others would be nice.

Rumours (some from 4chan) suggest that Simon, Trevor and Alucard will be featured in the LoS sequel and/or the 3DS game.

I am always shocked at the positive posts that follow any news about this game. The first was one of my most hyped games, and then became one of the most disappointing games ever for me.

Random final villain, not using any of the cool looking characters in any meaningful way, and then that ending. That ending...

To each their own, just surprises me so many of you are interested in that set up.

Nibel

Please no chapter system and different health mechanics please; oh, and do something against those slowdowns.

Ahasverus

Wut? Dracul means dragon since, well, ever. This is not referring to litteral dragons.

Dascu

I am always shocked at the positive posts that follow any news about this game. The first was one of my most hyped games, and then became one of the most disappointing games ever for me.

Random final villain, not using any of the cool looking characters in any meaningful way, and then that ending. That ending...

To each their own, just surprises me so many of you are interested in that set up.

There's tons of things to dislike and to hate about LoS, but it also showed a lot of potential. I'm hopeful.

Top Bottom