• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cool flash game, Lethal League, being made into a full stand-alone game

El Sloth

Banned
Via Shoryuken

Team Reptile will be making the a full stand-alone game out of the popular Lethal League flash game. The game will feature more stages, multiple characters and special abilities that expand on the addictive basics of the projectile fighting game.

Lethal League first gained notoriety when it was featured as the grand final ‘Mystery Game’ on UFGT9. It quickly became clear that the extreme nature of the game, mixed with the stylized street visuals and chip-hop music hit a sweet spot with the crowd. And now, we’re very excited to be bringing the full fledged experience.

The new features also include local and online multiplayer for up to four players, gamepad support, lots of boomboxes and multiple game modes. Our first target platform is PC and the plan is to bring it to home consoles as well. When it will arrive and on which consoles, is something we will be announcing later on in development.

Video of the game being played in the grand finals of UFGT 9's mystery game tournament. Very entertaining. Definitely give it a watch if you have some time to kill.

The original flash game (only supports local multiplayer): http://lethalleague.reptile-games.com/

El Sloth

Banned
Things are going to get real silly with 4 players at once:

EEbmk5f.png

El Sloth

Banned
Looks like the new characters will end up being similar to the ones in Divekick, in that everyone has their own gimmick:

http://lethalleague.com/post/59760804804/witness-switch-a-new-player-to-the-lethal-league
Witness Switch, a new player to the Lethal League. Switch is a skateboarding robot and uses his tricks to hit the ball in different ways.

This is still a test sprite, but it should be close to the final result.

Eav5247.png

I wonder if his movement will be different too, i.e. if he uses his skateboard to move around.

Mik2121

Oh man this game is awesome. I just played against the CPU for a bit and when you do the diagonal hits that increase the ball speed it goes crazy. The CPU and I did it for like 7 times straight and at the end I couldn't even see the ball moving anymore, lol!

Edit: The number on the bottom is the speed right? I reached 80 now and it was craaaaaaazy fast :O

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Why have I never heard of this until now? Reminds me of Windjammers. Perfect 2-player versus game right there.

^ In the video linked in the OP, the ball speed
eventually reaches 288

I reached
in challenge mode. After that you barely see the ball any more. It's like taking a shot in the dark.

Azure J

Wait, this is actually happening? :O

This was the single greatest thing about the Mystery Game Tournament at UFGT9.

El Sloth

Banned
Why have I never heard of this until now? Reminds me of Windjammers. Perfect 2-player versus game right there.

I reached
in challenge mode. After that you barely see the ball any more. It's like taking a shot in the dark.
I like the way
the stage changes color and begins shaking once go over a certain speed. It really adds to the hectic feeling of it all.
Things can get dumb tense when you're play with someone else and you both are 1 or 2 points away from winning. Great drunk game.

Windjammers totally deserves the HD remix treatment.

Kokonoe

Banned
We need more simple games like this with depth. I mean, there are a lot of simple games out there nowadays, but they lack depth so it just feels empty to play.

I played with my twelve year old sister, and she was able to give me a much harder time than I expected. It's way more fun against a person than the computer.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Any chance of a Classic mode where it's just like the original?

Feel like it's going the DiveKick route of more meters / shenanigans.

tm24

Asked the devs on twitter if a classic mode would be available, one without meters or character differences. They said there would be something similar

Top Bottom