• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Kashiwaba

i think it's mostly that since standard dualshock dpad isn't great for motions, it's easier to play a character who doesn't have motions (but then CA....)

or maybe it's just my perception about the dualshock dpad. i'm awful with it, but fine with the hori FC pad, which is my preferred console fighting game controller at this point.
I use DS4 and play using dpad i actually find it comfortable

MCD250

Yeah, I feel like if you're gonna optimize Ed it'd prolly be best to play on stick. Having all the buttons available at your fingertips will be of great help.

I use the DS4
's analog stick
like a boss.

Occasionally I switch to the D-pad for things like neutral jumps or just to switch things up.

Bruh, calling me lazy isn't going to reflect well on your employers. Gotta be careful about stuff like that.

Exactly. All you have now is jokes to cover up the fact that you jumped a little too fast, and a little too hard on my post...a post which was actually quite reasonable:

It's not overpriced if your recent game got rid of the "paid update system" that your previous games relied on for long term income.

I will take high priced OPTIONAL costumes over REQUIRED paid updates every year or two.

myco666

Is the beta only in US PSN? Can't find it in EU PSN. Also for some reason I am not allowed to view any SFV content in EU PSN store lol.

HiResDes

My guess is Ed is going to have such weak defensive options that he'll crumble as soon as he's cornered like even worse than most characters.

SFV is in the running to be the most expensive fighting game on the of all time and we talkin about updates

I think DOA5 has that locked and sealed at this point. At this rate, SF5 might need more than decade to even catch up if the cost of dlc added per year continued at this rate.

That said, I don't mind DOA5LR's model, I think it is smart to have a f2p and pretty cheap to get characters if you did want one of them, or just buy the full game. I think SF5 should have probably done that, especially since they tried to implement Zenny and FM before the former fell through.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I feel like if you're gonna optimize Ed it'd prolly be best to play on stick. Having all the buttons available at your fingertips will be of great help.

I think it's the opposite. People like Smug make great use of button layout shortcuts for things like TAP. Instead of having to twist your fingers in weird ways for a stick's layout, it can be easier to do things like hold the triggers for pad, while still having easy access to the face buttons.

My guess is Ed is going to have such weak defensive options that he'll crumble as soon as he's cornered like even worse than most characters.

He has 1k health. That doesn't make much sense, when we consider this game already has at least one character with 950 health but absolutely no reversal options outside of V-Reversal and CA.

Lulubop

Exactly. All you have now is jokes to cover up the fact that you jumped a little too fast, and a little too hard on my post...a post which was actually quite reasonable:

Man, you're really feeling some kinda way. Yea, 30 bucks is a lot of money for old costume pack to a lot of people. That's that, we didn't need the Capcom PR you always do.

Reizo Ryuu

There's seriously nothing unreasonable about Lone Dragon's post.
You buy this game once and you get to play it, with everyone else that's still playing, for the next 4-5 years.
Him prefering that and having optional (expensive) costumes, instead of having to buy an updated version to stay compatible is fine, not unreasonable.

He has 1k health. That doesn't make much sense, when we consider this game already has at least one character with 950 health but absolutely no reversal options outside of V-Reversal and CA.
Nash and R.Mika?

FANG also has 950 health but has the EX slide so he technically doesn't count.

Lulubop

You buy this game once and you get to play it, with everyone else that's still playing, for the next 4-5 years.
Him prefering that and having optional (expensive) costumes, instead of having to buy an updated version to stay compatible is fine, not unreasonable.

It's expensive, people don't need to have a finger wagged at them for thinking so.

FluxWaveZ

Nash and R.Mika?

Yeah, those two actually have it bad when it comes to defensive options. Alex doesn't have anything outside of the norm with 1k health, Laura, Vega, M. Bison (outside of V-Trigger)... I think saying any character with 1k health would crumble when cornered, despite a lack of reversal options, is just wrong.

Edzi

Bro, why are you like this. The reason we're calling you out is because you take every single opportunity to blindly defend Capcom, usually against all reason and preemptively/without provocation. We've told you this before. Repeatedly. Also, yes, $30 for the costume pack *is* egregious. Sorry to break it to you like this.

Kashiwaba

Nash and R.Mika?

Man i just played against this diamond fang I think Unicornborg is his CFN, and i can say this now, I'm glad there isn't many good FANG players, i think he is one of the worst Match ups for rashid, he can counter everything i do.

Man i just played against this diamond fang I think Unicornborg is his CFN, and i can say this now, I'm glad there isn't many good FANG players, i think he is one of the worst Match ups for rashid, he can counter everything i do.

Oh yes lol. The key to that matchup (as F.A.N.G) is to play entirely defensively and know when to press buttons.

Literally everything the Rashid player does, I can stop in his tracks or get away from. That includes corner pressure.

I've faced 2 or 3 VERY solid Rashids but they just crumble in this particular matchup.

vulva

Where are you located? I'm awful against Rashid and would love to run some sets to get some practice in.

If y'all want TLD to stop shitposting/shilling, it's better to just either engage him when he's not run PR and ignore him when he is.

mbpm1

makoto in sfiv was clearly a prototype for sfv necalli

she had no dp tho

If y'all want TLD to stop shitposting/shilling, it's better to just either engage him when he's not run PR and ignore him when he is.

The only reason TLD exists is to be the yin to zombegoast's yang

there's no reason anybody besides zomebgaost should be talking to him lol

let the laura and the necalli fight in their jail. pointing and laughing is acceptable however

Skilletor

I feel like you can summon him by having three insulting SF5 posts in a row. He's kind og like BeatleJuice.

Except, the three posts in a row is all on him reading about SF5 and yours might be the one to summon him.

I was gonna bring up DOA but didn't know which DOA it was lol

LR has like 6 90 dollar season passes at this point. lol.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

No one has a problem with The Lone Dragon having a preference. It's the consistent direction and strategic deployment of his preferences that can be extremely grating.

And, btw, "company need money bad" is not a great counterargument to "damn this shit costs more than it should."

FluxWaveZ

mika has 950 health? didnt know that...lol

What? No, Mika has always had 950 health. Even in S1, when people complained so much they chose to ignore this aspect of her. This is a huge reason why it's so tough to play her now: her whole game plan—from the ways she can get in to the ways she gets setups—revolves around needing to take risks to get anything going, but you screw up and you're eating a ton of damage.

she had no dp tho

The only reason TLD exists is to be the yin to zombegoast's yang

there's no reason anybody besides zomebgaost should be talking to him lol

You mean KingBroly.

But Broly rarely shitposts as much.

I feel like you can summon him by having three insulting SF5 posts in a row. He's kind og like BeatleJuice.

Except, the three posts in a row is all on him reading about SF5 and yours might be the one to summon him.

LR has like 6 90 dollar season passes at this point. lol.

What have I done.

Top Bottom