• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioHazard 5 screens and video from Capcom DVD

king zell

BIO5.JPG

please edit the title

Jonnyram

Technical question (I guess).
Do photos/screen caps of Famitsu DVDs fall under the same rules as digicam pics/scans of the magazine?

YYZ

mr stroke said:
looks cool, but the pic quality is so bad to really see anything
only with the power of Blu-Ray could we have seen the awesomeness of RE5 and the cantaloupe-smuggling Chris Redfield in pristine hi-def.

Jtrizzy

the guy on the right is holding a 360 controller. Not that it matters, I'm sure this one will look the same on both.

YYZ

thanks said:
We all know that the only real difference will be hard drive loading, or at least, we hope.
well I for one am hoping that there's no repeat of the DMC4 loading times bullshit (mandatory install with no significant difference).

jett

D-Member
YYZ said:
well I for one am hoping that there's no repeat of the DMC4 loading times bullshit (mandatory install with no significant difference).

It seems like we'll be getting that from every Capcom game made with their framework.

Jtrizzy said:
the guy on the right is holding a 360 controller. Not that it matters, I'm sure this one will look the same on both.
There's a Dualshock 3 right beside it, and it's plugged in too.
:p

cvxfreak

I'm pretty sure they put the PS3 controller there just to show that the game is indeed still bound for that system.

Still, I'm not surprised to see the 360 controller used given DCharlie's previous claims that the 360 was the principal system for RE5's development.

cvxfreak said:
I'm pretty sure they put the PS3 controller there just to show that the game is indeed still bound for that system.

Still, I'm not surprised to see the 360 controller used given DCharlie's previous claims that the 360 was the principal system for RE5's development.
If DMC4 is anything to go by, it should be great on both platforms since it is being developed simultaneously. PC is actually the lead platform for the game (funny because it's not even announced for PC yet).

MarkMacD

I see your screens and raise you a video:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18134

OP: please adjust the title!

Couple new things of note:
-dead bodies boil and disintegrate
-zombies knock over boxes
-scene where they drag that guy into the bldg plays out in gameplay near start

edit: dl the avi from that link for best quality.

cvxfreak

It's true we only need one thread, so I'm reposting my information here:

I have the DVD and am watching it now.

"Ever since the dawn of time,
the most primordial human emotion has been...
FEAR"

The DVD starts with footage of the original RE, where the original nightmare started as Chris and Jill try to escape the mansion.
In RE2, the battle against Umbrella unfolded as Raccoon City died.
In 3, an incessant hunter pursued Jill Valentine.
In the deserted island of Rockfort, more mysteries unfolded in CODE: Veronica.
Convict Billy Coen was an unexpected ally in Zero.
And in a village infected with madness, Leon rescued the president's daughter in 4...

The series was introduced in 1996 and broke sales records.

Now a new game is coming... Biohazard 5.

Takeuchi Interview (very rough/basic translation)

Footage of the devs examining Chris' Biohazard 5 character model on a PC. The original Biohazard was developed on older hardware, but in 5, the hardware allows for the character models to be adapted to various situations.

There were various teams that could make the game at the beginning.
Africa confirmed - Or, at the very least, the village is modeled after an African village
Sunlight will be a focus of the game to achieve a new kind of feel not done before.

Chris at first can walk around the village with no one attacking him, but he sees two people attacking another and dragging the guy into the room. Chris follows in, and the action starts after the mutation.

More footage of Chris fighting the ganados. So far, it's very similar to RE4.

5's System
Shinji Mikami's Biohazard 4 is the base for the system, with evolutions and improvements planned.

Chris Redfield
Takeuchi was a staff member of the original Biohazard, of which Chris was a star of. 5 takes place 10 years after the original RE, and Chris has a new mission.

Weapon Variation
Chris is up against a huge number of enemies. The game will have variation in weapons including series classics like the Handgun and Shotgun and such. The footage shows the developers examining a handgun character model.

Fight Elements
The game will make use of the action buttons (QTEs) from Biohazard 4 once again.

Message to the Fans
Fans have eagerly awaited prior titles and now await Biohazard 5. Capcom's working hard on the game's unexpected graphics, system and story. The Biohazard series has taken on various forms in its history. Presently a CG movie is also in works (Biohazard Degeneration) and that will be shown as well. There is a lot to look forward to in the Biohazard world this year. We will delve down into the story and characters of the Biohazard series, and thus this year will be filled with Biohazard. Please look forward to more information on the title this year.

Final World from Mr. Takeuchi
WAIT FOR THE MEDIA SUMMIT

Again, this is a rough, incomplete and basic translation/interpretation of the video. My Japanese isn't good enough to do a comprehensive translation. I'll watch the video numerous times and see if I missed any important information. But you probably won't have to wait too long for more accurate information to come out, so please be patient. :)

jett

D-Member
I think it's retarded that the zombies still drop down to their knees from a point blank shotgun blast. I guess when we shoot them with a rocket launcher they'll just vanish in a cloud of smoke again? :p

dmshaposv

It looked cool, but I hope they don't recycle animations - ATM the death anims are pretty much EXACTLY the same as the ones of ganados from RE4. Here's hoping they are placeholders.

Disintegration know has a cool "boil" effect.

OatmealMu

jett said:
I guess when we shoot them with a rocket launcher they'll just vanish in a cloud of smoke again? :p

They'll do a backflip to avoid it, then recite a few lines from Hamlet for further ownage.

jett said:
I think it's retarded that the zombies still drop down to their knees from a point blank shotgun blast. I guess when we shoot them with a rocket launcher they'll just vanish in a cloud of smoke again? :p
yeah, needs more physics.

RJT

Please don't kill me, but I played a few hours of Resident Evil 4 Wii and was hugely disappointed.

I'm going to force myself to beat it, just to know if it gets better, but the movement restrictions really turned me off. Not being able to strafe? I mean, I have no problems with slow movement, but at least give me the option to make a step to the right when a fucking axe is coming at me!!!

I think it is probably because I'm a PC FPS player... The atmosphere and graphics were nice and all, but something was missing.

tidus9000

RJT said:
Please don't kill me, but I played a few hours of Resident Evil 4 Wii and was hugely disappointed.

I'm going to force myself to beat it, just to know if it gets better, but the movement restrictions really turned me off. Not being able to strafe? I mean, I have no problems with slow movement, but at least give me the option to make a step to the right when a fucking axe is coming at me!!!

I think it is probably because I'm a PC FPS player... The atmosphere and graphics were nice and all, but something was missing.

Your soul perhaps?

Truant

Hey,

I'm a douche and I plan to justify my bias against black people by pointing fingers at this game because it's much worse and obvious than the day to day racist thoughts I keep to myself and my suburban friends.

acm2000

Brianemone said:
Can he walk while shooting?

its resident evil, thats why, controls stuck in the 90s, shame, graphics are really nice, nice HDR, nice shadowing, lots of nice texturing effects, same old archaic control system :/

duckroll

Man the Xbox360 version looks crazy. It's so awesome. I can't wait to play RE5 on the Xbox360! It's going to be fucking awesome.

filopilo

the ultimate truth is that it's a PC at the other end of the cord.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Man the Xbox360 version looks crazy. It's so awesome. I can't wait to play RE5 on the Xbox360! It's going to be fucking awesome.

I can't wait to play this game on the Xbox 360 either! :D

filopilo

the ultimate truth is that it's a PC at the other end of the cord.

Top Bottom