• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blindly dived in and bought it, just as jshackles did ;)

It's a prequel and it's a hard thing to pull of on many mediums. The story is already laid out, so the only redeeming quality is whether the characters will be well written or not IMO.

If I had money to justify a leap of faith I would have bought it too, but unfortunately I do not. So I will wait for the reviews and hopefully it's going to be good, surely not as good as life is strange 2 by dontnot but still.

NeoRaider

New Redeemer Gameplay Videos from Gamersyde

Also:
Note: When we played the game and recorded the following footage on July 27, the game had serious optimisation issues, with framerate dropping to 30 fps at some point, with no way to bring it back to 60. We tried to reboot the game, lower the graphics settings and resolution, but to no avail. In our experience, it may happen at the beginning of chapter 2, but it is bound to occur towards the end of it (with chapter 3 having the same issue). It might have been fixed since, or it could be due to our set-up (though there is no reason), so be warned.

Hektor

Looking at the steam charts, Dota 2 hasn't reached its peak since May 2016.

Apparently, they're also pushing a new 'welcoming new players' campaign right now.

Interesting.

The monetization of dota 2 definitely did its best to alienate the free 2 play audience during that time.

First they released that PA arcana that actively changed how people played the game (for the worse) then they had a PvE event during the Chinese New year that was literally pay to win and now the new (and pretty fun) coop mode is locked behind this year's compendium.

Wok

Apparently, they're also pushing a new 'welcoming new players' campaign right now.

I cannot find the list of 20 easy heroes.

Edit: Found on Reddit.

VkpECdQ.jpg

The monetization of dota 2 definitely did its best to alienate the free 2 play audience during that time.

First they released that PA arcana that actively changed how people played the game (for the worse) then they had a PvE event during the Chinese New year that was literally pay to win and now the new (and pretty fun) coop mode is locked behind this year's compendium.

Exactly. When I heard it got a coop mode I thought "That sounds cool." Then I saw you need to pay for some ticket to see some games or whatever it was (I still didnt get it) to access the mode.

I see. Lots of things have definitely changed since the last time I played it.

Also, the most interesting thing I've just found out from that piece of writing is the 'behavior score'.

So toxic players would only meet other toxic players now? That's a pretty smart system assuming it works as intended.

prudislav

some nice titles .... also this one looks quite cool coming on 14th

Project Remedium is a story-driven action shooter set inside a human body devastated by illness and bad circumstances. It's a post-apocalypse of sorts, a really tiny one, but for a nanobot named Nano+, the body is a whole world. So he is hell-bent on fixing it with his guns and a unique grapnel.

kionedrik

The only ones not noob friendly are dp and clinkz imo.

Venge, Ursa, Troll, Balanar, Barathrum, Na'ix, Razor, CM, Dazzle, Abbadon and Cyka are much more noob friendly than Tide, Clinkz, Luna, PA, DP, SS, Zeus and WD and fill the same roles.

Tizoc

My favorite part of new Steam threads are all the games in the OP I've never heard of that look awesome.

image.php

There are actually more games that are releasing this August than is shown in the OP, reason I didn't, for one, include them, is because I couldn't think of a good write up for them :p

Mivey

Friendly reminder that

powered by Durante's Black Magic™ releases in 2 days!
Hope you have your wallets ready!
Probably a day one, but I will wait for the fan translation of Crossbell games first, before starting CS that is. Also have to pickup 3rd one of these days.
What an incredible franchise

Ascheroth

Probably a day one, but I will wait for the fan translation of Crossbell games first. Also have to pickup 3rd one of these days.
What an incredible franchise
I really, really, really want to play the Crossbell games, but I want to play them officially :(
I hope Xseed releases them eventually.

sprinkles

Friendly reminder that

powered by Durante's Black Magic™ releases in 2 days!
Hope you have your wallets ready!
I will double dip (beat CS last year and CS2 this winter on Vita), each sale brings us closer to the Crossbell games! I won't play Cold Steel 3 next year without having played those before (CS3 will bring the Erebonian and Crossbell storylines together).

Jadax

Venge, Ursa, Troll, Balanar, Barathrum, Na'ix, Razor, CM, Dazzle, Abbadon and Cyka are much more noob friendly than Tide, Clinkz, Luna, PA, DP, SS, Zeus and WD and fill the same roles.

???

Tide is literally 2 spells (+1 being his ulti) that you just spam, he's tanky af.
Clinkz I already said is not noob friendly.
Luna has 2 spells (1 being ulti), she's ranged, good ms and good nuke. Easy to play.
PA is one of the easiest cores - you could face-mash your keyboard and carry out your role without a problem.
DP I also said isn't noob friendly.
SS is like zeus but with 2x hexes.
zeus is literally sit back, kite, nuke, ulti - don't even have to direct your spells at a specific person for most spells.
WD has an op stun + op ulti - and has heals.

Venge requires knowledge of how armor reduction works, how to use her ulti and when - nice stun, but not noob friendly.
Troll needs knowledge of when to range and melee, decide when to use your spell depending on if you're chasing or tanking etc. His ulti is noob-friendly for sure.
NS needs to be ganker/initiator, need to know how to use silence (not only at night), when to use his stun (not only a nuke). But his ulti is noob-friendly.
Bara is noob friendly I agree.
Naix is noob friendly I agree.
Razor you need to know when to use your spells (both of them) otherwise you waste not getting dmg, or not causing enough dmg due to distance. I guess his ulti is noob friendly.
CM is noob friendly I agree.
Dazzle is totally not noob friendly - you need to be good with clutch heals (otherwise graves is a waste), you need to know when to poison etc. People usually go more aggressive picks when they see a healer pick, so a noob playing dazzle not knowing how to play it properly can fuck things up fast.
Abbadon is noob friendly I agree.

So unless the game changed significantly over the last 2 months (which it might have tbh), I don't see a problem with the Valve chosen noob heroes (other than dp, clinkz as I said originally).

Ascheroth

Whoa, Fate/Extella is now sitting at 24k +- 4k owners of which 64% are from China.
Xseed really is making bank from the chinese playerbase.

I'm so so curious how well Cold Steel will do.
I have legitimately no idea how owner numbers will look for that game after the first week.
30-50k? Less? More? I have no idea.

Made a "Like Dino Crisis" Curator Group

I think you can just join it if you want to.

People use Steam Curators? The only time I ever used one is to join a group for the summer sale sticker and leave it immediately thereafter. I'd love to be able to completely purge them from my Steam page to save space, but alas, Valve seems hell-bent on them.

some nice titles .... also this one looks quite cool coming on 14th

So he is hell-bent on fixing it with his guns and a unique grapnel.

Guns and a unique grapnel? So...it's Just Cause inside a human body? Colour me intrigued.

AlanOC91

Friendly reminder that