• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Anyone has characters hunting them to the point of great hatred? I got like 12 4* Niles. That's 3 times more than any other 4* of his color. At this point seeing the shockwave then is face popping on my screen is worse than pulling the most useless 3* in the game. Same with 3*/4* Raigh taking away all my Hinata/Lon'qu. Worst is yesterday I get 4* Raigh followed by 3* Raigh back to back. Today? 4* Niles followed by 3* Niles back to back. Probabilities of shit like that happening all the time is way lower than decent things happening to me. It's like the game is spiting me, testing how much utter bullshit I can take...
I got like 6-7 Niles before I stopped pulling grey.

Now I have boatloads of Ests, Odins, Shannas, Sullys, and FCorrins because I keep trying to pull blue.

Mupod

weird, only ended up with 4790 for a perfect run. Roy only has New Moon and Fortify Res 2 but I didn't think it'd matter that much. Either way, doubt I'm moving up to T18 this week - content with staying in 17. As predicted there's only around 9000 people in this tier, and I'd imagine this is where most of the +10 folks are right now. I'll be able to move up once more people are in this tier next week.

Is there a counter to horse emblem?

they're only unbeatable when grouped up and buffing each other. The AI will send units after whoever they are strongest against, so you can manipulate how they split up. Also helps a lot to be able to kill 1-2 of them on turn 1 if you have a strong counterattacker. They can be a huge problem on the god forsaken bridge map, though.

Sushen

weird, only ended up with 4790 for a perfect run. Roy only has New Moon and Fortify Res 2 but I didn't think it'd matter that much. Either way, doubt I'm moving up to T18 this week - content with staying in 17. As predicted there's only around 9000 people in this tier, and I'd imagine this is where most of the +10 folks are right now. I'll be able to move up once more people are in this tier next week.
I'm one my way to 16 next week and I intend to stay there which seems to be a sweet spot for me.

Working on buffed mage team while trying to finish a horse emblem team. I think the horsy team is easier except for some maps with many trees.

I am now ar 2373 of 4441 spots to move from Tier 17 to 18 with 4824 points. With 3 days and a few hours left I think that I will be good. Furthermore, I have 6 wins on my new streak, if I win my first fight tomorrow I will end up with 4862 points and definitely be super safe. Never thought I would rise like this, I struggled so much in Arena before I built my Armor Emblem team 10 days ago. Didn't think it would do so well even without defensive tiles.

casiopao

Umm guys. Got Hinoka... yeah.^^ -Def and +Res is the worst combi like ever right?T_T

Also Tharja with +HP and -Spd..... my luck is like the worst huh.T_T

Mupod

Umm guys. Got Hinoka... yeah.^^ -Def and +Res is the worst combi like ever right?T_T

Also Tharja with +HP and -Spd..... my luck is like the worst huh.T_T

Hinoka's fine, it's not unusable like a -atk one. Either way, she's the only one with Hone Fliers and has a brave lance+, so she's far from useless.

But yeah, that Tharja, not so great.

casiopao

Hinoka's fine, it's not unusable like a -atk one. Either way, she's the only one with Hone Fliers and has a brave lance+, so she's far from useless.

But yeah, that Tharja, not so great.

Sadness.T_T I probably never get a proper 5 Star with a proper character bane and boon lol. Like what is this madness?O_O

Also the talk on the page before about Est lol.....is she getting more love i see? I had 5 Star Est over here too lol.^^

Extra Info here.: F Reinhard.T_T Stop trolling my run mrgrggr.

Was getting tired of so many lame pulls, was thinking I'd never get another 5-star. Never got Titania or Ike. But I have been trying for one of the Valentia bunch, preferably a Celica or maybe a Genny for a 5* healer. So running out of the 20 free orbs, along with the game trolling me with Odins, last pull and green is the only choice...I knew what was coming.

TqCe5z.jpg

Yeah, great, dude better put in some work. At least I finally got a (only 3*) Fir, purely for Karla/Bartre family nostalgia sake.

Finally a defense win. Decided to merge my 5 4* Cecilia and give her gronnblade and ran her out there with Xander running hone calvary and death blow 3 Reinhardt and Ninian.

I really want Spring Camilla or another flier mage to come out.

Syntsui

With what team are you guys getting deffensive wins? I don't understand how I can't get shit this round, I usually get 4-2 every time.

Julia/Ryoma/Azura/Subaki and Julia/Ryoma/Azura/Hector can't get shit.

With what team are you guys getting deffensive wins? I don't understand how I can't get shit this round, I usually get 4-2 every time.

This week seems harsh, got 3 with my Armor Team and Xander on the first day then nothing since then. I really wonder how big of a discrepancy there can be between players for the amount of time they get to fight other teams. Like can your specific setup of characters/skills fuck you ever and you barely ever get any match?

Mupod

Got one win with 4* Alphonse, Azura, Linde, Hector. Got a second with the same team except Roy instead of Al. But the Alphonse win came almost instantly after swapping in Hector. Maybe I'll put him back and see what happens, it's possible he tanked my team rating enough that I got matched against a team incapable of dealing with Hector.

Theosmeo

Worst-case scenario, they'll keep rotating them for another year.
Best-case scenario, they'll roll out the same units; but bride-themed.

YES lol

I hope they add relevant villains, and allied units to story chapters. In the they could have the Black Knight show up in a tellius story map and Ike could be an allied AI unit. Then BK could get a GHB and Ragnell could become effective against him.

I see 5 defense wins atm. I don't even know why i'm winning lately.
Currently using:

Fae with Lightning Breath+
Basic Ryoma with Vantage
Effie with Brave Lance+
Basic Roy

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got one defensive win without a bonus character, but haven't gotten a defense win since swapping Roy back in. I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm also starting to run into a lot of Horse Emblem. It looks like a lot of people like to run Xander + Leo + Cecilia + Rein. I found a team that had Leo and Cecilia both running Deathblow with their respective blade tomes. Bleh.

kewlmyc

I see 5 defense wins atm. I don't even know why i'm winning lately.
Currently using:

Fae with Lightning Breath+
Basic Ryoma with Vantage
Effie with Brave Lance+
Basic Roy

Two counter characters and one of the hardest hitting unit/weapon combos in the game. Pretty easy to see why you're seeing defense results.

explodet

Fae I can understand but I expect Effie to be destroyed with how many mages there are now.
Effie's res is low, but not bottom of the barrel, and she's got HP from here to yaya - AND Wary Fighter means she can't be doubled right away. So she needs to be ganged up on or a dancer needs to be involved.

3 defensive wins with Ryoma, Hector, Azura and Xander, already surpassed the score to win the maximum amount of feathers. Ryoma and Hector have Vantage and Azura have Wings of Mercy, so I think those skills are really annoying to my attackers.

Busaiku

Soren/Ike/Spring Lucina/Ryoma are getting me a ton in Tier 16.
I have wins that don't even show up any more.

vctor182

I've finally designed my core team of 3 with the 4th unit being the bonus heroe of the week

6dQGRStl.png

Low spd + Quick riposte + Distant counter = Ignis ready on next attack, he has to be one shotted or vantage + ignis will make him destroy the next unit that dares to attack him. Takes care of blue units and green units.

BBoMzwXl.png

Work in progress, still need 900 SP for moon bow, TA 3 and Vantage 3 but she can do serious damage because of threten res 3. Takes care of blue units and red units.

nN88CUbl.png

I think she is my troyan horse because I don't see teams using sanaki, she kills every sword unit that doesnt have distant counter and all green units. She replaced my +1 Lucina because she takes care everything Lucina had to without risk.

whh9D2Dl.png

My bonus unit and working project for horse emblem stuck fury & vantage 2 for survivability

So far I've had 2 defenses and did a flawless run of 4782, currently ranked 347 in tier 17

At tier 16 I still don't have any defense wins :|
So far I've tried Roy+2/Ephraim/Hector/Xander, Roy+2/Spring Lucina/Ephraim/Xander, and Ephraim/Kagero/4* Olivia/Xander but nothing has gotten results.

At least I have my perfect run of 4820 ranking me in the 400s

There she is! +ATK/-DEF Celica! Thanks game for bringing me right back in after much frustration... Now how to build her... I have two Minerva for Life and Death 3 but I would love to keep one. I was going to give it to my +SPD/-RES Ryoma but now I don't know anymore...

backlot

There she is! +ATK/-DEF Celica! Thanks game for bringing me right back in after much frustration... Now how to build her... I have two Minerva for Life and Death 3 but I would love to keep one. I was going to give it to my +SPD/-RES Ryoma but now I don't know anymore...

Ryoma is probably better off with Fury. He can actually take hits.

Ryoma is probably better off with Fury. He can actually take hits.

Yea I will go that way I think. Hard to sacrifice a 5* but Life and Death only comes at 5*. Just want to not regret who I give it to. Celica is such a powerhouse with it.

Proposed best build gives her Swordbreaker 3 for the very rare Reds who can double her up(or Wary Fighter) but I am not sure on that skill for her. Tempted by Renewal 3...

Theosmeo

I'm interested why I see people talking about Renewal hector for a surviveability tank over wary fighter. If your hector is -spd it seems like a good way to keep him from getting 1 shot from ytiki, julia, snaki, tharja, celica, ect. and if healers every become more relevant he can be brought back up to armads range. He's the only character that can run wary fighter/QR right now.

I'm interested why I see people talking about Renewal hector for a surviveability tank over wary fighter. If your hector is -spd it seems like a good way to keep him from getting 1 shot from ytiki, julia, snaki, tharja, celica, ect. and if healers every become more relevant he can be brought back up to armads range. He's the only character that can run wary fighter/QR right now.

Not sure either. Mine has Renewal 3 waiting for a Wary Fighter 3 to inherit. Don't think I will ever get my 5* Zephiel to +1 but still reluctant to use the other one for inheritence. One day I will get a second Effie.

Spoit

Renewal is much easier to get than a spare effie, maybe? Though I guess Zephiel has it too, now

I got Echoes so I thought I'd give the banner a shot again with a handful of orbs. Immediately pulled a Celica. -Atk/+Def.

Man, fuck this game. They know that's not a fair trade. Why do they hate players so much?

I got Echoes so I thought I'd give the banner a shot again with a handful of orbs. Immediately pulled a Celica. -Atk/+Def.

Man, fuck this game. They know that's not a fair trade. Why do they hate players so much?

Getting worst bane worst boon is the worst feeling a gacha ever gave me. Got a few of those, sorry man...

Getting worst bane worst boon is the worst feeling a gacha ever gave me. Got a few of those, sorry man...

I'd kind of get it if they thought about it but they weigh all stats equally. They weren't being dumb either because when they introduced sacred seals, attack and speed only add 1 meanwhile HP gets a whole 3 which is equivalent to a boon. So how is it you can lose 3 attack for 3 points in HP? Because fuck you, that's why. That's 1/3 chance of getting wrecked by banes for every 5 star. Maybe if you got 7 HP for a boon or 5 defense or whatever that'd kinda make the approach a bit different when encountering a boon like that. Even more to really have to second guess them. Offensive boons would still be better but if a character lives to fight again, that'd be pretty significant.

I send feedback about IVs being bullshit for characters that legit cost $50 or more in orbs weekly at this point. It's really a matter of customer satisfaction. Even with the money I've spent I've only got 2 +1s. Your average player will never see more than one of a natural 5 star. Why not just let them be satisfied with getting their favorite characters? Real whales are going for +10s and surprise surprise they use the good IV one. The system is designed the irritate a lot more than it is to introduce interesting statistical variance like you'd normally see in FE. It's bullshit and never let them forget that.

Yeah. I've had a lot of +RES summons. My Lucina was specifically ruined with +RES/-ATK. I got two Azura's each with -ATK and -SPD. I'm using the one with -ATK, and the -SPD is just there to collect dust.

I hadn't summoned since Hero Fest was up, so I decided to do a single summon from Battling Lloyd. I got 2 Red Stones, 1 Green, 1 Colorless, and 1 Blue. I summoned from the Colorless and Blue in hopes that I would get a focus unit or something decent.

I got 4* Odin and *4 Wrys. Backed out immediately, and I'll continue hoarding. Only went from 98 to 89, but I still feel salty. I'll be using Sharena during the Wedding Banner, so I don't care about those units.

I'll just be waiting several more weeks, then.

If the enemy Hector has a dancer nearby, you may need to try to position yourself with the enemy dancer in mind and guess what the enemy AI will do if all enemy units are out of range. This usually means placing your Hector counter (Lucina, in your case) one space further away than you normally would, because you're assuming that the enemy Hector will move forward one space > get danced > move forward another space to attack your Lucina.

That way, you bring Hector down to half on the enemy phase if Hector gets danced and moves forward to reach your Lucina, which is what you want. If the AI does something else like having the dancer move forward in front of Hector instead, then your Lucina can kill the dancer first, and then deal with Hector on the next turn.

Ok, I tried my 5* Young Tiki.

I have learned my lesson.

Pulled a 5* Priscilla. How is she as a healer? It's pretty one of the few types I don't have a 5* for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom