• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 ver. of Capcom vs. SNK2 may be releasing on US PSN in April or May

Tizoc

Was this posted yet?
Svensson said:
Current schedule for the release of the PS2 game is the end of April... mind you, if Sony chooses, that could move (it is later than I had originally anticipated already).

Source

A shame it wouldn't get an 'HD' treatment to have online matchmaking if it is the PS2 ver.
IIRC, it's 1600 Yen on JPN PSN right?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
still my favorite fighting game of all time. i can't even remember how many hours my bros and i playe this.

I would love an HD version for CvS2 but who knows if SNK will be on board for that. I guess this is better than nothing. At least I don't have to pay a lot of money for a used copy.

tumblr_mhn63lYxdT1rvptugo1_500.gif

AAK

Can't wait until the stream monsters react to this game on weeklies and majors. If they though SFxT was a slow defensive game... I'm almost grinning at their reactions.

Tizoc

Can't wait until the stream monsters react to this game on weeklies and majors. If they though SFxT was a slow defensive game... I'm almost grinning at their reactions.

Hah I've felt the same for some time now everytime I watch CvSNK2. It's like...poking...blocking, but at least there's a good damage output. Wish it had more flashy combo options outside A-Groove tho =/

kunonabi

Awful IQ overall. No progressive scan either.

dc speed is also closer to the arcade. it isn't really a huge deal though since most cvs2 tournies were always run on ps2 anyway.

i don't think any game is slower than cvs2. even with lower entrant numbers cvs2 tournies would take as long or longer than anything else being run. it didn't help that 95% of the time matches would just come down to the anchors with minor differences in meter and health. it's just awful for spectators.

Since there is no online and it's not a remake of any sort, I don't think people will pick it back up again.

But you're right, people would hate the the sheer amount of block stringy goodness this has to offer. Not to mention Sagat's crouching fierce.

kazuo

Visual downgrade over DC port. I remember the first time I played it, I found the jaggies shocking.

More importantly, the sprites are a tiny bit smaller and the timing is slightly off.

DC is a better port, it's basically the arcade since Naomi <-> DC.

PS2 is still playable and easier for tournament organizers to deal with than the DC version, it just isn't the best port.

Aru

Was the PAL version of CvsS2 terrible? I'm not sure it included a 60Hz mode.
This is one of my favorite fighters but I know I won't play it again if I buy it.
Maybe on sale.

Mr.Fresh

Damn I would've bought this if they Had made it an Online Edition. my brother moved to another state so we can only play online now,

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Outside of weird fanboyism, I don't see how this statement can be made.

It's the same game as the DC port and the Naomi original. This isn't some janky altered port like Xbox/GC CvS2EO.
Are you sure you're talking about the actual Xbox and GC versions, which are pretty great yet just happen to have a 100% optional simplified control mode?

Recall

Yeah seriously, no online, no buy.

I do not understand the fuss. It's not a game getting HD treatment and they have not cut out features as its the standard PS2 version and will be a part of the PS2 classics like those already on PSN.

The game is incredible, it was upon release and still is today.

Top Bottom