• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Concept17

This is all great news. Hopefully atleast some of it is true. MS and LBP on PSP seem highly likely. If GoW2 and Uncharted 2 land next fall, then 2008 will be dethroned as the best year of gaming ever for me. Its a shame that Jaffe said his game (twisted metal) wont be out till 2010. =\

OP said:
...we have no reason to doubt the validity of Legends’ claims.

Do you have any reason to trust the validity of his claims? Or do you just post any random rumor that people submit to your site?

nofi

D+PAD Ed said:
Hey guys, sorry for the self-promotion but thought this was worthy of being posted. We had an anonymous tip off about details discussed at Sony's internal annual briefing and there's some good stuff in there! :D

Wow. I can't wait for your phone call on Monday morning.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Sounds good, all in the realms of possibilty as well PS3 price drop and Killzone 2 hitting, good timing for a drop in price. Uncharted 2 looks like Uncharted 1, awesome, recon it'd still be early though so will improve, E3 will be fun this year again.

Dante

I've heard similar things as far as GOW3 is concerned :X 2a animators per action???!!!! What?!?!?!

Lets put it this way....if you like animation....you'll Looooooove GOW3

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
GOW3 thing sounded a bit like GOW2 where Kratos is riding the Griffins and kills them............ well it is Kratos, he fucking kills everything (which is a good thing) so its to be expected :) hopefully GOW3 can get as close to the trailer as Guerilla have with Killzone 2.

Dante said:
Yeah..From what I've heard they got 2 animators on EVERY assignment in the game.....Be prepared to be wowed!

Wow.

Animation has such a gigantic impact on the visuals....I am glad that they are putting a huge emphasis on the way the game moves.

March 2010. Believe.

Private Hoffman said:
Wow.

Animation has such a gigantic impact on the visuals....I am glad that they are putting a huge emphasis on the way the game moves.

March 2010. Believe.

I hope we can see some cool real muscle deformation in the game.

btw, I don't understand why they need 2 animator per action. I'd understand if it's per character because maybe each character has tons of animation they need to divide the work to 2 animator. but 2 animator per action doesn't mean 2 times better animation.

maybe one guy is the rigging, behind the scene guy? like in my example, he's responsible for the muscle deformation or maybe clothing and weapon animation?

Dante said:
Yeah..From what I've heard they got 2 animators on EVERY assignment in the game.....Be prepared to be wowed!
Man, it's God of War 3. People should have been prepared to be wowed the minute they heard the title.

God of War doesn't know how to not wow.

acm2000

am i the only person on this forum who doesnt like god of war? or rather, i dont like the genre as a whole, still sony have to price cut, and soon, take more losses before they lose too much ground

acm2000 said:
am i the only person on this forum who doesnt like god of war? or rather, i dont like the genre as a whole, still sony have to price cut, and soon, take more losses before they lose too much ground

I'm sure there are other people like you who don't like the genre. I just think if they don't like the genre, they won't bother posting in forum saying they don't like the genre

DaCocoBrova said:
I'd be interested in a PS3 if it played PS2 games a la the 60GB version. A $50 drop does nothing to fix that. I sure wish Sony would realize that...

Can't you just get a second hand system?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I had the joy of playing both God of War games back to back about a month ago. Amazing games, I'm very excited for GOW3.

Oh and, yes please Mr. Naughty Dog, I would like some Uncharted 2 sir.

Apparently SCEE is the success story of the SCE divisions, generating more profit than SCEA and SCEJ.
Guess thats why we Europeans always get treated like shit :/

But gaming related, GOW3 and Uncharted 2 in 2009 would be damn amazing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I can't wait to see the first real footage of God of War 3. It'll be the best looking action game yet. That and team ICO's project are what's gonna sell me a PS3

I guess things didn't go as planned in the 2008 year of the PS3, so now we are talking about 2009. I figured this type of thread was about to get posted here. Happened in 2006 and 2007 hehe. :D

So I take it, this is Sony's "Nintendo of 2008" year? Two solid console games(Mario Kart and Brawl) and the rest are going to be handheld console remakes.

ajvizzgamer101 said:
So I take it, this is Sony's "Nintendo of 2008" year? Two solid console games(Mario Kart and Brawl) and the rest are going to be handheld console remakes.

How do you figure that? First of all neither title has been confirmed as 09 and secondly; why do you assume this is all Sony have coming out? Heavy Rain, Infamous and Killzone 2 are all '09 titles, Insomniac might have a new Ratchet and of course GT5 could hit in '09 too. As far as I'm concerned that's one heck of a line-up.

Frillen

Darunia said:
I can't wait to see the first real footage of God of War 3. It'll be the best looking action game yet. That and team ICO's project are what's gonna sell me a PS3

And Secret PS3 game.

Wasn't there some super secret MEGA PS3 game in the rumored? Did we ever find out what that was?

I mean all of sonys studios seems occupied with something right now. Sony Santa Monica is doing GOW3 I'd guess. ND doing Uncharted 2. Insomniac just released R2. Sucker Punch doing Infamous. MM did LBP. Sony Liverpool did Wipeout. Lots of others but I don't know all the names.

Was it MAG?

MvmntInGrn said:
Wasn't there some super secret MEGA PS3 game in the rumored? Did we ever find out what that was?

I mean all of sonys studios seems occupied with something right now. Sony Santa Monica is doing GOW3 I'd guess. ND doing Uncharted 2. Insomniac just released R2. Sucker Punch doing Infamous. MM did LBP. Sony Liverpool did Wipeout. Lots of others but I don't know all the names.

Was it MAG?

you forgot PD and their Gran Turismo Tech demos in 2160p. oh, and of course Guerilla and Killzone 2.

-viper-

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:

Was it MAG?
Surely Studio Liverpool and London are working on PS3 projects as well. Haven't heard what they're up to.

MvmntInGrn said:

Was it MAG?

If you're talking about the game the BBC reporter brought up, then no it hasn't been revealed yet according to him.

Yea there is a crap load, I guess it was MAG. Another 2010 I would bet.

GOW3
Team ICO
MAG

2010 looks as exciting as 2009 with only 3 games!

Not to mention what in the world Kojima Productions is working on, not that I am assuming exclusivity (quite the opposite actually).

SolidSnakex said:
If you're talking about the BBC game, then no it hasn't been revealed yet according to him.

Really? So it wasn't MAG? Damn. (well actually I guess thats not a bad thing...)

-viper- said:
Surely Studio Liverpool and London are working on PS3 projects as well. Haven't heard what they're up to.

Oh yeah wasn't London doing Getaway before it got canceled? Interesting.

MvmntInGrn said:
Not to mention what in the world Kojima Productions is working on, not that I am assuming exclusivity (quite the opposite actually).

it's rumored that the next Kojima game is going to be multi-plattform. i would say ZOE3 on PS3 and Xbox 360. maybe Snatcher for Live Arcade/PSN.

Huggers

solid2snake said:
life_of_brian_allstar-5468.jpg

:lol

"Are there any women here today?"

Cesar said:
And what's Incognito working on?

lol I never noticed there were so many sony studios out there wow :lol I can't see a Warhawk 2 and MAG happening at the same time so either more Warhawk 1 or something new maybe?

Linkified

So what first party/second party titles have been confirmed for 2009 for NA/EU/UK areas-

-KillZone 2
-White Knight Chronicles
-inFamous
-Heavy Rain

Then my mind goes gooey.

kevm3

Sony is absolutely killing it when it comes to first party titles. We already got Socom, Wipeout, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Siren and 2 Motorstorms among others. Now comes God of War 3, Heavy Rain, New Ico project, GT5, and Killzone 2.

Linkified said:
So what first party/second party titles have been confirmed for 2009 for NA/EU/UK areas-

-KillZone 2
-White Knight Chronicles
-inFamous
-Heavy Rain

Then my mind goes gooey.

Those are pretty guaranteed, Uncharted 2 is likely since it wasn't long after Uncharted 1 was shown that it was given a date (I think). They said at e3 GOW3 hopefully in 09, but I doubt it.

GT5 seems likely 09 too since the 2010 release was somewhat laughed at.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
CurseoftheGods said:
Seriously. Sony fans are a scary bunch.
What defense? I don't condone personal attacks on anyone, let alone a friend or someone I respect.

Dante said:
I've heard similar things as far as GOW3 is concerned :X 2a animators per action???!!!! What?!?!?!

Lets put it this way....if you like animation....you'll Looooooove GOW3
This sounds awesome and seperates PS3 from the the competition (in terms of things it can do that the others can't).

Private Hoffman said:
March 2010. Believe.
They can take their time with this one. We will have plenty of stellar games in '09.

Darunia said:
Ah yes, The TRI
co tranny surprise will rise!!!!
. But there will be many more reasons for you and others to feel the need to have a PS3 in '09. I guarantee you that.

womfalcs3

Banned
Uncharted has become my favorite franchise this generation. It will define this generation for me.

I cannot wait to see footage. They showed the first Uncharted at GDC with an in-depth presentation by Evan, so I hope we get to see it at the upcoming conference.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Metalmurphy said:
Or the second one.
Or all the others ones that shit on pretty much every game ever made.

Darunia said:
It can and probably will be come a new IP for them to run with.

solid2snake said:
02/17/09 is judgement day.
At the very least I can stop gawking at some of the videos and see the finished product for myself. Not too long a wait though.

Dire

While I think a price cut is inevitable, it seems extremely unlikely it would ever be announced leading into the holiday season. There's just no reason to do that since all it could potentially accomplish is decreasing Sony's holiday sales.

I call BS on "Legends"

Top Bottom