• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon DLC: Ultra Hard Mod

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/09/28/marketplace-roundup-for-september-28-2007.aspx

In Game Content

Title: Blue Dragon

Content: Ultra Hard Mod
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) FANTASY VIOLENCE] The Ultra Hard Mod adds three new features to Blue Dragon. New Game Plus is a game mode that allows you to start your game over using a saved game from near the end of Blue Dragon. The Hard game mode allows you to play at a difficulty level that is twice as high as the original. The Impossible game mode is the ultimate in difficulty and is meant to be played starting at Level 50 or higher. © 2007 BIRD STUDIO / MISTWALKER, INC. All Rights Reserved. © 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. BLUE DRAGON contains AT&T Natural Voices® Text to Speech technology licensed from Wizzard Software Corporation. Microsoft, the Microsoft Game Studios logo, Blue Dragon, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

MCD

"Availability: Not available in Japan"

i think it is available, I'm not sure though.

Tiktaalik

This along with Drinky's recent thread has made me a lot more interested in Blue Dragon. This download could fix one of the major complaints about the game.

Zellers recently had this on sale for $39, so that might be a sign that other retailers will price drop or put this game on sale in the near future too.

Unison

So this is available on in the US marketplace now, then? People were creating HK accounts to get it before.

KTallguy

Banned
HomShaBom said:
KTallguy embarrassed.

My bad :lol

Totally my bad :lol

Serious question, is there a way you can start the game on hard mode from the beginning?

I am interested in this game (even though I didn't like the demo), but I don't like games that are too easy.

Enk

makes good threads.
KTallguy said:
Awesome... let's charge for New Game + !!

This video was made just for you!

Anyways, everyone who complained about the difficulty in Blue Dragon should download this. It really ramps up the difficulty to the point that you actually have to think when entering casual battles. Almost a completely different experience.

KTallguy

Banned
Damn it guys!!

I said I'm sorry!! :( :(

61328857.SadCat.jpg

MCD

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
My only issue with this is that it should've been included in the NA version of Blue Dragon from day 1, but whatever. Problem solved.

Hard mode should have been there.

but new game plus is better as a DLC.

Enk

makes good threads.
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Now I can finally get the game!

Hard mode in Blue Dragon = standard difficulty in most RPG's

Actually I disagree. I find most standard modern RPGs relatively easy, especially those with Turn Based Battles. The hard mode can actually be pretty tough as even the normal enemies can wipe out your party pretty easily.

This is something many modern TB games are lacking and that's why grinding can be such a bore. If you take away the challenge you take away part of the fun. With this patch I actually feel like my characters are getting stronger with each battle rather than them being superhuman from the outset.

KTallguy

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
The worst part about this is....
Don't you own a 360?

Nope. I don't.
I'll buy one eventually, just don't want to deal with RROD.

However I'm really pumped for Lost Oddessy!

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Jesus Christ guys, move on.

Hey, it's all good HSMP, my brotha, I screwed up, I deserve whatever I get.

However I AM curious about playing the game for the first time on Hard Mode, if possible.

MCD

yukoner said:
Ummm...they FINALLY release this, 1 month after the game launches??

Given the 9+ month localization phase, they forget something that obviously should've been included on the retail disc? And then do no even release it as DLC until a full month after release...on a first party title??

Who the fuck fell asleep at the wheel over at MS???

New game+ should have been on the disc?

The Japanese version didn't have Hard mode unlocked from the beginning, so why should the US version be different?

yukoner said:
Ummm...they FINALLY release this, 1 month after the game launches??

Given the 9+ month localization phase, they forget something that obviously should've been included on the retail disc? And then do no even release it as DLC until a full month after release...on a first party title??

Who the fuck fell asleep at the wheel over at MS???

Well, isn't it made, technically, for people who've finished the game, even though we hardcore players would've started on it. Was it available Day 1 in JPN?

tokkun

Um....back on topic....does the harder difficulty just multiply the enemy levels and stats? I'd like to see some JRPG downloadable content that adds some additional optional bosses or something, which might give someone more motivation to pick up the game again after they've beaten it.

deadbeef

So this is good for a replay then only? Any more details on this - do you get extra items, skills? I have not played the game, but I am interested, and this certainly helps.

McDragon said:
New game+ should have been on the disc?

The Japanese version didn't have Hard mode unlocked from the beginning, so why should the US version be different?

Becuase the game was too easy to begin with?

JayDubya

Banned
Enk said:
Actually I disagree. I find most standard modern RPGs relatively easy, especially those with Turn Based Battles. The hard mode can actually be pretty tough as even the normal enemies can wipe out your party pretty easily.

This is something many modern TB games are lacking and that's why grinding can be such a bore. If you take away the challenge you take away part of the fun. With this patch I actually feel like my characters are getting stronger with each battle rather than them being superhuman from the outset.

I remember how the first enemy you encountered in Baldur's Gate was a wolf that could rip you to pieces if you weren't the right class or didn't plan the fight accordingly. On standard difficulty. Good times.

Top Bottom