• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German BIU Sales Awards for August 2017

I don't know if Last Guardian was more successful than I thought or if Zelda is less successful than I thought or both.

gogogow

I don't know if Last Guardian was more successful than I thought or if Zelda is less successful than I thought or both.

Well, TLG is a 2016 game and already had some crazy discounts. I doubt TLG is still selling (as well) as Zelda, which is a evergreen title. Nevertheless, that's a great performance for TLG.

Pls tell me you didn't buy Knack 1 and 2, but skipped TLG lol.

It and GR2 are the greatest Sony Japan efforts this gen.
I bought Knack 2!

And it is still sitting in plastic on my shelf

I had to pick GR2 over TLG though. I wanted it but it just came out during a bad time for me. I will get TLG eventually though.

Man at this point FH3 has to be one of the Xbox Ones highest selling exclusives
For sure.

While Halo 5 was significantly down from Halo 4, it should still have sold far, far better than FH3.

Good to see TLG pop up. More people need to play it, it's easily my favourite game of this gen so far.

Edit: Oh, you said "one of". Yeah, it definitely should be. Probably the best selling game in the Forza series.

bombshell

While Halo 5 was significantly down from Halo 4, it should still have sold far, far better than FH3.

I believe BIU awards are only given within 1 year of a game's release.

Halo 5 received the gold award (100k) in February 2016, but it never received the platin award (200k) later in the year like FH3 just did.

So within 1 year of release FH3 sold better in Germany.

N21

I guess people are right, the XB platform really needs good games. If FH3 can get a platinum BIU but not H5, it says more about H5.

Shiggy

Halo 5 received the gold award (100k) in February 2016, but it never received the platin award (200k) later in the year like FH3 just did.

FH3 is bundled with almost every Xbox One on sale, wherras Halo 5 isn't/wasn't.

PS4

FIFA 15 - 500k
FIFA 16 - 500k
FIFA 17 - 1.5 million
GTAV - 500k
CoD: Black Ops 3 - 500k
Uncharted 4 - 500k
Battlefield 1 - 500k
AC: Syndicate - 200k
AC: Unity - 200k
CoD: Advanced Warfare - 200k
CoD: Infinite Warfare - 200k
Far Cry 4 - 200k
Far Cry Primal - 200k
FIFA 14 - 200k
Fallout 4 - 200k
Need for Speed - 200k
Star Wars: Battlefront - 200k
Watch_Dogs - 200k
Watch Dogs 2 - 200k
TLoU: Remastered - 200k
Destiny - 200k
DRIVECLUB - 200k
The Division - 200k
Mafia 3 - 200k
The Witcher 3 - 200k
Final Fantasy XV - 200k
Horizon Zero Dawn - 200k
Ghost Recon Wildlands - 200k
Assassin's Creed 4 - 100k
Battlefield 4 - 100k
CoD: Ghosts - 100k
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 100k
inFamous: SS - 100k
Shadow of Mordor - 100k
NFS Rivals - 100k
The Evil Within - 100k
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 100k
Battlefield: Hardline - 100k
The Crew - 100k
Minecraft - 100k
The Order - 100k
Batman: Arkham Knight - 100k
Bloodborne - 100k
Project CARS - 100k
MGSV: TPP - 100k
Until Dawn - 100k
Just Cause 3 - 100k
Rainbow Six - 100k
DOOM - 100k
No Man's Sky - 100k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 100k
Dark Souls 3 - 100k
Skyrim - 100k
F1 2016 - 100k
Farming Simulator 2017 - 100k
Resident Evil 7 - 100k
For Honor - 100k
Madden NFL 17 - 100k
NBA 2K17 - 100k
Crash Bandicoot - 100k
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 100k
The Last Guardian - 100k

Xbox One

Forza Horizon 3 - 200k
GTAV - 100k
FIFA 15 - 100k
FIFA 16 - 100k
FIFA 17 - 100k
Black Ops 3 - 100k
HALO 5 - 100k
Battlefield 1 - 100k

Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 200k
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 100k

Vlodril

Uncharted 4 punched wayy above its weight (or what i thought it would do). Wonder if we ll get any ltd at some point.

What caused FIFA 17 to be so far ahead of older versions of the game?

I'm still a little bit confused about its performance. It got the second 500k award (meaning 1 million sold in total) for the PS4 in April 2017 and than got another 500k award (1.5 million sold) for PS4 in May 2017. Now May is usually a pretty slow month in terms of software sales, so I'm totally confused how this was possible tbh.

I know. We were talking worldwide sales.

Despite the protracted development, TLG probably did alright for itself given the modest budget and small team working on it.

Which is good, because it's actually the best game of the gen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder what total world wide sales for TLG at this point. We have some vaguer sales notes like it selling more in its release month that a combination of Ico's entire life time sales combined with like the first 9 months of SotC's and that was a $40 game at launch. Glad to see its doing so well.

Chris1

I guess people are right, the XB platform really needs good games. If FH3 can get a platinum BIU but not H5, it says more about H5.

Not really, I mean Halo 5 probably should have but racing games are a lot bigger in Europe than what FPS games are

Not really, I mean Halo 5 probably should have but racing games are a lot bigger in Europe than what FPS games are

Eh. While racing games are more popular in EU than in US FPS games are also hugely popular in Europe. Just look at that top selling (in Germany) PS4 games list in this same thread. Full of FPS games.

Fred-87

Wow seeing that list it seems to me that Germans if you compare it to how many people live in Germany buy a lot of games. Moreso then other countries.

Chris1

Eh. While racing games are more popular in EU than in US FPS games are also hugely popular in Europe. Just look at that top selling (in Germany) PS4 games list in this same thread. Full of FPS games.

Never noticed that list, thanks pretty interesting.

Outside of BO3 and BF1 the other FPS ain't doing as hot as they do in US/UK etc though, I know there's a big gap between 200k and 500k but when NFS, FH3 and Drive Club are in the same ballpark as your CoD's and Star Wars, the interest is clearly much lower for FPS games compared to the UK and US where there's probably a 2:1 maybe 3:1 gap at an absolute minimum between them

Maybe saying racing games are a "lot bigger" than fps was the wrong choice of words :p

blakep267

Probably. At the top are probably halo 5 then Titanfall followed by Halo MCC then FH3 and then stuff like Gears Uktimate and Rare replay because they were bundled for that holiday

Chris1

Outside of Titanfall and maybe Halo I don't think anything else comes close.

Halo should be ahead of it but I think it'd be a lot closer than people would think
Probably. At the top are probably halo 5 then Titanfall followed by Halo MCC then FH3 and then stuff like Gears Uktimate and Rare replay because they were bundled for that holiday

FH3 should be ahead of MCC. It opened at roughly half H5 in the UK and the legs were pretty much dead off the bat as it was broken. It did have a little bit of bundling later on with the S though maybe that swung things.

Ori should be up there aswell maybe even ahead of Gears Ultimate and RR

I'm gonna guess Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and maybe Skyrim will show up by the end of the year.

Splatoon 2 will likely be there for the September update and i'd fully expect Odyssey to make it on the October charts. Odyssey should be over 200k at a minimum by the end of the year.

blakep267

Halo should be ahead of it but I think it'd be a lot closer than people would think

FH3 should be ahead of MCC. It opened at roughly half H5 in the UK and the legs were pretty much dead off the bat as it was broken

Ori should be up there aswell maybe even ahead of Gears Ultimate and RR
Fh3 and halo 5? No I think halo 5 is way ahead. If FH3 sold 2.5 mill in its first 3 months and halo 5 shipped 5 million in its first 3 months, at most I'd say Horizon is probably at what halo shipped in its first holiday

Splatoon 2 will likely be there for the September update and i'd fully expect Odyssey to make it on the October charts. Odyssey should be over 200k at a minimum by the end of the year.

Splatoon 2 and mk8d should likely be 200k by the end of the year too I'd have thought, think perhaps fifa could hit 100k but we'll have to see

Chris1

Fh3 and halo 5? No I think halo 5 is way ahead. If FH3 sold 2.5 mill in its first 3 months and halo 5 shipped 5 million in its first 3 months, at most I'd say Horizon is probably at what halo shipped in its first holiday

Halo was also most likely overshipped though whereas Forza would have been undershipped due to expectations. Plus FH3 has gotten much better bundling than what H5 did and had much better legs.

But I do think there is still a sizeable gap, just not as big as people would have thought. Didn't mean within like 100k sales or something like that.

Top Bottom