• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2017 | Switch to iOS

awp69

Looks like we got another cool puzzler to check out

Kidu, Free w/ $2.99 unlock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS1wwxr6wxs
P1Xdw8Y.gif

Was looking at that. The 1 GB+ download killed it for me for the time being at least. Be curious to hear impressions though.

---

Guns of Mercy is pretty cool but needs some tweaks on the controls. The radius doesn't go far enough to hit low enemies very easily right now. Shooter in the vein of Towaga but with horizontal movement and less hardcore in difficulty.

---

Also was nice to see Djinn Caster get a 4.5/5 from Shaun Musgrave over at TA. Really is a great action RPG.

awp69

I tried it last week.
I got distracted by other things but seemed very nice.
I'm not super fond of tilt controls in general, expecially like this one (you can't play laying in bed) but other than that was pretty nice overall.

I gave in and tried it too. Really cool game and innovative use of tilt controls but, yeah, most definitely not a game you can play in bed which is where I do a lot of my iOS gaming.

And ditto on AppZapp. It's all I use.

awp69

Don't have an iPad with me to check but I think digital card / board game blend Faeria is out. Well received on Steam.

PittaGAF

I've hard time trying to play Faeria, which is unfortunate because I was really waititng for it.
It continues to crash, despite not being particularly graphic intensive.

I guess the iPad Air is starting to show its age.

nampad

The full GRID: Autosport game is coming to iOS "this spring" by Feral Interactive (Rome: Total War):
https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/839068394423009280

C6T3eS6XQAEr0q3.jpg

The Mac version, also ported by Feral, is sold at €40. Will be interesting to see the pricing for this one. The game's also 17GB.

Edit: Got my answer, the game will be a one time purchase of €/$/£10 and will support MFi controllers. No words on the app size for now.

OH YES!!!

awp69

For anyone that doesn't have it, looks like Love You to Bits is free ahead of the big update coming soon.

Interesting that Kingdom: New Lands has been out for a while on Shield devices but required a controller. See that it was pulled from Google Play. Wonder if they are updating it with touch controls on Android too.

Mushroom 11 is fantastic and perfect for mobile. Honestly couldn't see it being as good without touch controls.

killercow

How so?
I'm interested (I don't have the game yet).

Debating what to get first...but I think I'll get Kingdom.

Premium gaming is dead.

WHAT A YEAR.

I don't know if you've followed the game at all but you are "pushing" an alien lifeform through the world and, in the pc version, you can adjust the "size" or "strength" of your push (represented by a circle) in order to solve each puzzle or simply move forward.

Gif of that mechanic in action:
dteriFaHEGLwKmC7ed4cJKD4ZfyF2_9qhTtPFoMhQThU2RvZJ6MaxmrWKJpt_g7lMFuDG1_Ghqb_LvjoCSFYEFjou2Z2rb1olgsERQTReoSlQdAqDXOQVHJAIhbWp8Bj

This is done on iOS either via a button on the screen (on the bottom right corner if I'm not mistaken) or it detects the strength that you're applying on the screen with 3D touch. Hence if you press lightly, you'll only "push" or "cut" your blob lightly.

PittaGAF

I don't know if you've followed the game at all but you are "pushing" an alien lifeform through the world and, in the pc version, you can adjust the "size" or "strength" of your push (represented by a circle) in order to solve each puzzle or simply move forward.

Gif of that mechanic in action:
dteriFaHEGLwKmC7ed4cJKD4ZfyF2_9qhTtPFoMhQThU2RvZJ6MaxmrWKJpt_g7lMFuDG1_Ghqb_LvjoCSFYEFjou2Z2rb1olgsERQTReoSlQdAqDXOQVHJAIhbWp8Bj

This is done on iOS either via a button on the screen (on the bottom right corner if I'm not mistaken) or it detects the strength that you're applying on the screen with 3D touch. Hence if you press lightly, you'll only "push" or "cut" your blob lightly.

Thanks you very much.
I did follow the game but I wasn't aware of the different pressures, I thought you just swipe.
Cool.
The only other games where I enjoyed 3D Touch were Badland and the Warhammer 40K free one.

PittaGAF

Damn I'm stuck at work and I forgot we were without Internet today so I can't buy anything till I go back home.
Did anyone try Kingdom already?
Does it have iCloud sync?
Or...does it matter? I mean....is there anything that you keep between games?

Mushroom 11 has multi-touch

And with that, the mobile version surpasses the PC version

I mean, it already did since the gameplay is so perfectly suited for touch, but multi-touch is a kind of a game changer

killercow

Damn I'm stuck at work and I forgot we were without Internet today so I can't buy anything till I go back home.
Did anyone try Kingdom already?
Does it have iCloud sync?
Or...does it matter? I mean....is there anything that you keep between games?

No iCloud and no, since it's a roguelike it' doesn't matter much.

awp69

Update is out for Tavern Guardians. Some balance adjustments including the Mage and other tweaks. But big thing for me is finally the ability to turn off hints!

PittaGAF

People seem to like it but I'm gonna skip it too, just because I'm only gonna be invested in Hearthstone. But these kind of games need to come to iOS so I'm happy it has finally found its way. Now we just need Gwent to come out as well. These games are perfect for tablets.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a card games huge fan and it's competent (even if the franchise is really just a coating) but there are so many of them (touch device are the natural home for card games) that to attract me they must have something special or very strong setting I'm fond of.
In this case...while the lane concept is nice...I found it just a competent game but nothing incredible.
Maybe it's just me, but I can name at least 5 cards games that hold my interest much longer than it ever did.

But it must be noted that I'm not a huge fan of CGG anymore (after having dilapidated a fortune back in the days with the very first Magic incarnation).
I prefer deck builders or LCG.

Pachimari

Oh I don't doubt you. All I'm saying is that the platform need more of these games, so it's not just puzzle games and 2D pixelart games. That's almost all we've gotten in February and March, is these bullethell, puzzle or pixelart games. The platform needs more traditional games and ports, so I welcome any port from PC or console. But yeah, I can only be invested in one CGG game at a time.

PittaGAF

I tried to be as much ignorant as I could about Kingdom New Lands in the last months.

My first impact with the game was absolutely GLORIOUS.

Can't wait to continue playing tucked in bed with headphones.

Just the music and the graphics/animations/reflections justify the price of admission but the 'exploration' and 'mysteries' scattered in this world are incredible.

Pachimari

I tried to be as much ignorant as I could about Kingdom New Lands in the last months.

My first impact with the game was absolutely GLORIOUS.

Can't wait to continue playing tucked in bed with headphones.

Just the music and the graphics/animations/reflections justify the price of admission but the 'exploration' and 'mysteries' scattered in this world are incredible.
I'm looking forward to your impressions. I admit the trailer on the game's page looked very interesting. Is it the kind of game where you have to build and defend your fort while going out to explore?

PittaGAF

I'm looking forward to your impressions. I admit the trailer on the game's page looked very interesting. Is it the kind of game where you have to build and defend your fort while going out to explore?

I'll keep you posted.
I'm not a fan of building games so I was a bit hesitant but so far I had a blast.
The main part of the game is exploring and understanding the world.

The sense of wonder exploring the wilderness in the fog, finding mysterious buildings, recruiting men....outstanding.
Sword&Sworcery grade.

PittaGAF

Just for your information, actually Kingdom new lands HAS iCloud sync.

Played on hour on iPad...downloaded the game on iPhone and started where I left on iPad.

Top Bottom