• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameinformer said:
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)
- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.
- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
- The town is called Showdown Town.
- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.

WTF to this vehicle-thing. And WTF to the title.

Posted?

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_xbox_to_unveil_accessory_lips_tomorrow.php

I can confirm the existence of a new Xbox accessory codenamed : Lips

A couple months ago I got a hold of a treasure trove of information straight from the internal working of the engineering team at Xbox. I learned a heck of a lot what was really going on with the Red Ring of Death, New Xbox 360 motherboard designs and I learned about three accessories that they are working on.

Newton
Lips
Radon iv

******* has a post up about how the dudes over at NeoGaf have found that Microsoft is scheduled to show off something called Lips tomorrow. Now that matches up with the reports that I’ve seen on the accessories development report coming out of the hardware team at Xbox.

Lips : I really don’t know too much about what it is going to be. I suspect that it is going to be a voice communication device and possible voice recognition in games.

Newton : Newton is the Wiimote clone flying mouse that is going to bring the waggle willies to the Xbox.

Radon iv : We don’t know to much about it but I suspect that it is a cost cutting engineering revision to the Xbox wireless controller. So there might be a price cut coming for the wireless game pad once this is out. The “iv” part sounds like a cost cutting revision.

So I don’t have an invitation to Microsoft Gamerday 08 in San Fransisco so I’ll be refreshing my web browser to find out just what the heck the Xbox team is going to show off tomorrow.

Hey Xbox360Fanboy.com! Update :
Lips is a codename for a piece of hardware that is going to have something to do with voice communications. The reason why I did not mention it before is that I was not sure what exactly it was but when ******* and NeoGAF broke word of it being shown tomorrow I just wanted raise my hand and say that I knew that it is a piece of hardware too.

Update 2 : Or it might be a microphone for a singing game like Rockband, Karaoke Revolution and Singstar. I do know that Lips is a separate accessory project from the "Newton" wand.

besiktas1

Thank xenu, :lol that was a looooooooong downtime.

And for the record, I am addicted to gaf.

On topic:
Rumor is Lips is Voice recognition software, so just imagine XBLA version of singstar but works with 360 Headset... That'd be awesome.

besiktas1

HOLY muther fucking shit..

I'm going to leave it cos surely that has to be a record :lol :lol

Guess gaf isn't better yet :(

Isnt the post timer meant to stop that?

[Nintex]

wow

Anyway it sounds awesome I really like the vehicle stuff. Isn't Lips the codename for PD2? I guess it won't be a new controller, if they have on at all they will show it at E3.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Banjo 3 looks so so. I was expecting something more.

For example

i_467431-1.jpg

It looks flat. What's up with that? Why is everything so flat in Banjoos screens? That makes the game look empty.

There are shots were it looks great though, like the stadium ones

i_467425.jpg

Which looks more impressive.

Will wait for videos, but i must say i was expecting more, this is barely an upgrade from say R&C, if that.

However, Viva Pinata 2 mops the floor with Banjoo, i mean seriously. It looks beautiful.

i_467441.jpg

Look at that. It looks amazing.

I'm excited to see that Ninja Blade game though, i loved otogi, and since MS is publishing this one and it's From Software next big game, with rumors saying matrix style game, man i'm hyped.

Can't wait.

tak

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
That confirms what a lot of people were thinking, interesting. I'm wondering how this game will play.

pswii60

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
WTF? It sounds friggin awesome!

1,600 parts with insanely customisable vehicle creation?
Traditional platforming too?
Awesome unique Rare-humoured intros to every level?

Can't friggin wait.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn son, that's a hell of a lot of reposting...

Anyways, Banjo news sounds excellent, and it's just like I gathered from those pics... again, it sucks that the details are out before the huge event...

Speaking of which, I don't know why, but I always had it in my head that the 13th was this Wednesday, so imagine my pleasant surprise when I realized that it's actually tomorrow!

Owzers

VP 2 seems kinda like VP Gold Edition instead of an actual sequel :( :( :( :( :(

Holding out till tmw, don't let me down Rare! I demand a massive garden where we can actually build structures and things for the pinatas instead of being confined so badly to X amount of objects. Well, i have enough room to build half a fence or put in one tree....better go with half a fence.

I like how the GI preview bullet point thing for Banjo lists everything but what you actually do in the game. TMW!

pswii60 said:
WTF? It sounds friggin awesome!

1,600 parts with insanely customisable vehicle creation?
Traditional platforming too?
Awesome unique Rare-humoured intros to every level?

Can't friggin wait.

I wanna a PLATFORMER, you hear me? Not something between a racer and a shooter damn it.
I'm depressed right now.

madara

Sigh, so they did "360" Banjo to make it more appealing to xbox crowd, I suppose they felt they had to. It still sounds interesting but if I wanted to play or move around in world with mechs and metal so much I would just load up R&C. We shall see tuesday with more pictures but I dont expect to see lush natural exploration and charming critters like first Banjo had with desert, forest, beach, christmas levels and such. I let this one slide but start thinking up the next banjo for new xbox hardware that has more of a natural setting, I get enough scifi, mechs and crap from all the games already out there as it is.

[Nintex]

madara said:
Sigh, so they did "360" Banjo to make it more appealing to xbox crowd, I suppose they felt they had to. It still sounds interesting but if I wanted to play with mechs and metal so much I would just load up R&C. We shall see tuesday with more pictures but I dont expect to see lush natural exploration and charming critters like first Banjo had with desert, forest, beach, christmas levels and such. I let this one slide but start thinking up the next banjo for new xbox hardware that has more of a natural setting, I get enough scifi, mechs and crap from all the games already out there as it is.
We've only seen the Nutty Acres(mechanical) and the medieval setting. I guess all 6 levels will be different in presenation.

Thought it would be best to keep everything in the same topic, so here we go:

So the embargo is finally up. Last week a bunch of journalist saw the game at Lionhead in Guildford.

The build we saw was from the 7th of may. The game is content complete and about 5000 bugs from completion.

We were shown the magic system, a major plot point when you are a kid, some adult parts and I got hands on with the co-op part (local only, so far. Online announcement could come soon).

New stuff:

Mini map is dead. Peter hates it. So he made a "bread crump trail". Which is a golden line on the ground that will tell you which direction to go. It works kinda like a GPS system, so it will change if you go another direction, and will guide you in the right direction.

Magic system: You can either do a focused on one person attack, or a ranged attack. You can build up your attack in five levels. These five levels can be combined, so you can have level 1 be a fire spell, and then it builds up and adds level 2, which can be a slow spell, and so on.

There will be 8 different spells in the game.

You can buy every single house in the game. Each house will unlock something new. Either a sidequest, item or a skill

The game is 20-30 times larger then Fable 1.

The weather is completely dynamic, and will change as time progress. There will be different seasons.

Cutscenes are somewhat interactive. You can use the d-pad to do different gestures, and they can change the outcome of conversations. It's not on the scale of Mass Effect, but it can be done so you have some interactivity with the game world.

Peter wanted a sex minigame in there, but they had to drop it, due to the nature of the content. Now the screen just goes black, and your hear some moaning. And yes, you can have unprotected sex.

The female character also came close to being cut. But the female designers on the game wanted her in, so they made it happen.

There is three more Fable games planned. Lionhead is currently working on Fable 2 and a new project. The Black & White studio is no more.

I also had a talk with him, about videogames and that stuff. And he thinks that GTA4 is the absolute benchmark of how you can do story in videogames. And with Fable 2 he wants to make people attached to their character, and especially the dog.

He talked about how he was flirting with a girl, and her husband came by. And the husband became so pissed, he began kicking your dog. And Peter actually felt bad for flirting with the girl. He wants gamers to feel like he did.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer as much as I can.

The new pictures:

000023.jpg

000024.jpg

000025.jpg

000026.jpg

000027.jpg

000028.jpg

000029.jpg

000030.jpg

madara said:
Sigh, so they did "360" Banjo to make it more appealing to xbox crowd, I suppose they felt they had to. It still sounds interesting but if I wanted to play or move around in world with mechs and metal so much I would just load up R&C. We shall see tuesday with more pictures but I dont expect to see lush natural exploration and charming critters like first Banjo had with desert, forest, beach, christmas levels and such. I let this one slide but start thinking up the next banjo for new xbox hardware that has more of a natural setting, I get enough scifi, mechs and crap from all the games already out there as it is.

I was expecting exactly that with some big innovation of the gameplay. Maybe Rare did it exactly to cut off the past games that were suited overall for Nintendo's audience in order to adapt to the "new" console.

But this make me ***ing sad, you hear me Rare?

So, your incredible innovation that would have changed the platformer genre were.....vehicles???

WTF.

Mifune

Mehmber
madara said:

Holy shit. Way to jump to about fifty different conclusions before we've even seen the thing in motion.

So some of you still want SAME game after this many years but with upgraded graphics.

Just until now Rare must be thinking that at least gameplay detail is not out. Well, that consolation didn't last long. Perfect timing for GI issue. :lol

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I wanna a PLATFORMER, you hear me? Not something between a racer and a shooter damn it.
I'm depressed right now.

What is there not to understand?
Its platforming game with a custom vehicle dynamic which can be used for tons of things in a platforming context if you can use your imagination instead of jumping to the conclusion that its "something between a shooter and a racer."

If you wanted JUST a platformer, play mario.
This is more than that.

Confidence Man said:
About Fable 2, how explorable is the environment? Are you confined to small areas?

What I saw was pretty damn open. At some point Peter said he didn't wanted to explore more. So he jumped from a bridge, and began swimming at some odd direction. Their concept is: if you can see it, you can go there.

Ryuuga

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Can Rare ever catch a break. At least wait until we know more about it.

Some people...

It's not worth repeating. For some people, these initial screenshots represent everything they'll ever need to know about this game.

Malfunky

Tooie was pretty much just an expansion to Kazooie, so I'm glad they've actually acknowledged and remedied the whole Nintendo idea of "upscaling" the same game each generation(which ain't bad if you're making Nintendo-quality games).

But this whole vehicle building thing actually has me even more interested. Building shit is bad ass and if you don't like it, you can geeeiiit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom