• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant shrimps invade America

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Okay well that would be an astoundingly stupid move if that's what happened. It's not what came to my mind when invade/invasion was term used.

Well, to be honest, I going to hypothesize it was someone amongst the large southeast Asian fishing community out there.

leadbelly

Banned
FQCaD.jpg

lol

That poster. That sounds so dirty. Especially with the expression on his face.

Kosmo

Banned
LOL what is up with this. There is fuck all you can do to control ocean populations so why worry about it? You'll just have to adjust to the changes that happen in nature.

Maybe we can find someone that got a D in Marine biology to head up the cause

Gore got a D in "Natural Science: Man's Place in Nature" at Harvard

Well, its a non-native species that probably did not come to those waters by nautral means. Like someone tried to start a shrimp farm with them.

So far they're thinking:

Scientists don't know exactly how the Asian variety got to the Gulf Coast—the possibilities include breeding in the local waters or being carried to the area by currents.

Kinyou

I bet that some kid was raising them in the bathtub and they got too big to take care of. Like if you had a lion in your bedroom. So the kid dumped them.
Lions invading the USA.

"They wont stop eating my kids!" a distressed local complains.

Lions invading the USA.

"They wont stop eating my kids!" a distressed local complains.

LOL what is up with this. There is fuck all you can do to control lion populations so why worry about it? You'll just have to adjust to the changes that happen in nature.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So far they're thinking:

I'm standing by my Asian people raising shrimp they were more familiar with in local waters. Tiger prawns are expensive.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOL what is up with this. There is fuck all you can do to control lion populations so why worry about it? You'll just have to adjust to the changes that happen in nature.
I don't even know what you're doing with this. Are you just fucking around or are you saying that my sentiment is ridiculous? Do you think we can track and remove every last one of these things from the ocean faster than they can spread?

I don't even know what you're doing with this. Are you just fucking around or are you saying that my sentiment is ridiculous? Do you think we can track and remove every last one of these things from the ocean faster than they can spread?

i was just having fun

Josh7289

Just so you all know, eating shrimp is not really a good idea because of all the destructive bycatch associated with shrimp fishery: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrimp_fishery#Controversies

Wikipedia said:
Shrimp fisheries produce unusually high levels of bycatch. Before the introduction of bycatch reduction devices in the 1980s, shrimp fishery had a bycatch ratio (ratio of the amount of non-target species caught to the amount of the target species caught) of 4.5–5.3:1.[7] Since BRDs were introduced, the bycatch ratios may have been reduced by as much as 30%.[7] Shrimp fishing is likely to "capture more sea turtles than any other commercial fishery".[8]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bigger shrimp? I fail to see how this is a problem! Gobble up those other shrimp! Become stronger! Then I'll cook and eat you >:D

leadbelly

Banned
So let's start eating sea turtles. Problem solved.

Anyways, I wanna eat these so bad. Not a big seafood lover but shrimp is friggin delicious.

Turtle is supposed to be delicious. I'm not sure if it is all turtles in general or if it's just a particular species of Giant Tortoise though. When they were first discovered, they tried to take them home with them, but they were so delicious, none of them made it home. They ate the whole lot. They couldn't resist it. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-l1HLj9Nk

Turtle is supposed to be delicious. I'm not sure if it is all turtles in general or if it's just a particular species of Giant Tortoise though. When they were first discovered, they tried to take them home with them, but they were so delicious, none of them made it home. They ate the whole lot. They couldn't resist it. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-l1HLj9Nk

I've heard good things about turtle soup. I'm willing to try any animal once, save for insects and other creepy crawlies.

leadbelly

Banned
I've heard good things about turtle soup. I'm willing to try any animal once, save for insects and other creepy crawlies.

That QI episode made me really curious to know what turtle tastes like. Of course the Giant Tortoise is protected so that is out of the question. I would certainly try that turtle soup anyway. :D

I'm generally not that daring when it comes to food, but if I was pushed to, I would probably give it a try. I'm kind of funny when it comes to seafood. I don't want to be though because seafood is generally good for you. I want to try and develop a taste for it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom