• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Whoa, you're like my opposite: My faves were Ho-oh, Groudon, Palkia and Reshiram.

Let me guess: You didn't start with Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup or Oshawott, did you?

Haha, actually, we are not too dissimilar here. Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, and Oshawott for me.

I don't like Oshawott though, I dealt with it for awhile because I love Samurott :p

injurai

Banned
Where are the people that actually like Gen IV? or do they exist on on NeoGAF?

Other than a few select pokemon there wasn't much about gen4 that I enjoyed more than what the other games could provide.

I think the best part was the improved strategy of the game and new moves, but that was ruined with the slow pacing. HGSS redeemed so if thats considered 4th gen too then I love that slice of it.

Gravijah

There are lots of 'em. I only know of a few PokeGAF people who dislike them... Or maybe only one person.

I'm pretty sure Gen IV is tiggerkiddos favorite, but I'm not 100%. Something about it makes it pretty special to me.

Tyeforce

Yeah, I have to agree, Dialga and Palkia looked rigid as hell. Like statues or something. Even their animated Pokedex 3D Pro models strain to move.

I like them -- really, I like all Pokemon -- but these new fellas look a lot more natural and dynamic. You can picture Yveltal flying, Xerneas galloping, etc.
Do they really have to move, being god-like entities that have the power to control space and time? lol

Neiteio

Haha, actually, we are not too dissimilar here. Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, and Oshawott for me.

I don't like Oshawott though, I dealt with it for awhile because I love Samurott :p
Hmm, too much overlap for us to be Pokemon rivals.

Kokonoe said:
Ah, Gen IV -- the Gen of Purple.

Despite the limited color palette, I quite liked a number of Pokemon introduced there, including the three starter evos, Staraptor, Drapion, Hippowdon (only recently, when I realized his feet are hydraulic shocks), and all of the new evolutions to past Pokemon.

Do they really have to move, being god-like entities that have the power to control space and time? lol
Good point. That might even be the idea, heh.

Unicorn

Overall? Gen4 was the best since G/S/C.

I stopped playing Gen5 because there were (FAR) more pokemon I disliked than the ones I did like. And the ones I DID like were either legendaries (therefore unusable for battling with friends) or were just reskins of similar existing pokemon I felt were better. Scollipede felt like a washed up Drapion to me.

Gen4 also provided an ample amount of evolutions to pokemon that needed them. Something every Gen should do and the main reason I dislike Gen3 and Gen5.

Gravijah

Why, WHY does Tropius have to be so bad?! I'll leave that dismissive comment as all that I will say about Gen3 because I can easily derail this thread with seething hatred.

Because pre-Gen V has way too many Pokemon with bad stats. One of the best things about Gen V is that most of the new Pokemon have stats that aren't terrible.

ffdgh

That fake froakie evo looks like something out of ben 10...Like the chespin evo but....it screams grass/dark. fennikin is meh lol.

T'Zariah

Banned
HMs not taking up a move slot would instantly make it the greatest Pokemon game ever.

And if the above is met, then bring back dive. Underwater 3D!

Man. I was a gigantic fan of Gen 1 and 2, but then I became one of those lame-o's who thought the series took a nosedive. I've dabbled in every gen afterward, but I haven't caught the itch again

but boy, let me tell you, that itch is back. I don't know if it's the superb design of the new pokes or the idea that this is a true shakeup, but I'm right back on board the Pokemon train

Drago

Whenever I go back to my normal avatar I think I'll switch back to Froakie every Friday leading up to the release of these games.

Froakie Fridays, yo.

hiryu64

Can someone photoshop Froakie's mustache onto my avatar please? I'm terrible at these things.

Cheers.

TEhd8.png

Find me some good fanart and I'll add him to my avatar. Definitely gotta represent my froggy love. Years of being mocked for loving Politoed.
There should be plenty on deviantart. That seems to be where alot of posters are going. Personally Im in the #FennekinFamily. Maybe I should get fennekin shopped next to mello. My christmas addition looking mighty old.

Unicorn

If battlepoints return, for GODDAMN SAKE make the payout less insulting!

Only hindrance from me pouring another couple hundred hours into SoulSilver. Fucking broken ass grind.
KuGsj.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, most people don't hate G4, since anytime a new person wants to play, Platinum and HGSS are always included, if not BW/2.

I think you're looking for "Diamond and Pearl likers"

No, I mean DPP all together. They are the same games after all, just that Generation. I know HGSS is considered a Gen IV game and I make the mistake often that it is considered one, but I don't mean HGSS. Out of all the Gens I've seen on NeoGAF, the one that gets the most hate is Gen IV, it also gets the least amount of praise. It's crazy too cause I thought it was pretty good, but alas opinions. I guess people are too busy talking about RBY, GSC, and BW.

Overall? Gen4 was the best since G/S/C.

I stopped playing Gen5 because there were (FAR) more pokemon I disliked than the ones I did like. And the ones I DID like were either legendaries (therefore unusable for battling with friends) or were just reskins of similar existing pokemon I felt were better. Scollipede felt like a washed up Drapion to me.

Gen4 also provided an ample amount of evolutions to pokemon that needed them. Something every Gen should do and the main reason I dislike Gen3 and Gen5.

I agree, I actually didn't care for most of the Gen V Pokemon and it really killed a lot of my interest just based on that. Whoever designed them either designed them in a different way, or it was someone new that had a new style that I'm just not fond of. When I look a lot of the designs it just doesn't feel like 'Pokemon' to me, and I guess I lose my connection to it with that. I also felt kinda let down after Gen IV since the world was so big and had a lot of exploration, but then they kinda chopped that away for Gen V.

Man. I was a gigantic fan of Gen 1 and 2, but then I became one of those lame-o's who thought the series took a nosedive. I've dabbled in every gen afterward, but I haven't caught the itch again

but boy, let me tell you, that itch is back. I don't know if it's the superb design of the new pokes or the idea that this is a true shakeup, but I'm right back on board the Pokemon train

It's the power of 3D, it did it for me too.

qq more

Gen IV is awesome. I mean... D/P was kind of tooooo slow but Platinum was amazing. One of the best Pokemon games, honestly. HGSS (even though thats Gen 4)/GSC beats it though.

Gravijah

There are way more Gen III and even Gen V haters than Gen IV... I honestly don't see much Gen IV hate. Where's the hate? Outside of the battle speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom