• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS production stops

MGS3_salute.jpg

sakipon

DS lite was a masterpiece. DSi however was one of the few handheld revisions that I did not buy. No GBA port? Adding region locking? What a bunch of horrible decisions.

You were a great device, DS. Introduced me to one of the best series ever (Phoenix Wright) and got a lot of people into gaming. My little sister for example wouldnt have started playing games without you. I doubt your successor will ever be as good as you.

Was the first device I bought myself.

Soriku

About time. Good system, but it was holding the 3DS back. Now more people can opt for the 3DS.

I still need to get 999 and DQ V...

serplux

You were supposed to be a third pillar. You ended up being a champ. I'll see you on the 4DS's Virtual Console. *waves*

Striek

G'night sweet prince. Completely smashed expectations in a way no system had done before or probably will do after.

I can't believe Nintendo isn't pushing to beat the PS2 "all-time" gaming system record though. Seems like it would take almost no effort. Small price drop, a couple million systems....boom done in one.

akira28

No one plays DS games online anymore it seems. Or you need a friend list. I can only find Mario Kart games consistently.

I remember the day it came out very vividly. It was a simpler time, a time when I was so excited for the Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo. I actually played it a couple weeks ago for fun... It's weird to think I was so impressed with full motion video and smooth 3D graphics.

Espada

Fantastic game console. Right up there with the PS2.

9 years, man. The contrast between it and the GBA is insane.

Legendary system.

From a literal joke in the industry after its reveal to the champion of the market and responsible for huge industry growth.

Rest now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DSi still seems like it was a waste of time to me. Still bought one though :/

DS lite my clear favourite of the bunch.

Jackano

It's sad. They could have go way highter than that. I don't understand why. The GBA got the GBm, and the DS isn't even sub-99$... WTF!

Koodo

Banned
S i m p l y clockedT. What a legendary run.

ipQIiV6i1pJKD.gif

No one plays DS games online anymore it seems. Or you need a friend list. I can only find Mario Kart games consistently.
Ain't no one got time for lowering router security to play those games. What a shame though, I'd love to play some more Tetris DS.

Top Bottom