• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

european repair company halts repairs of 360s. says problem is endemic

justjohn

http://www.micromartltd.co.uk/

XBOX 360 - Micromart has now withdrawn from offering a Repair Service for the dreaded 3 Red Lights fault.

This problem is endemic on the XBox 360 console and the volume has made this repair non-viable.

Other repairs to the XBox 360 are still being supported.

so basically even a repair company you would think would be happy with the business has now stopped repairs on the 360. i think this shit is gonna blow :lol

[Nintex]

Holy shit, I hope there's still room in that E.T. Landslide in Mexico. Otherwise MS can't cover this up with: "You know things break"

Cruceh

Banned
AtomicShroom said:
Oh man!! :lol :lol

How long until a recall of all the pre-2007 units? They're all ticking time bombs waiting to ROD.
redring2.gif

sums it up

Draft

Makes no sense. An incredibly popular system with an incredibly common overheating error that has an incredibly easy repair... it's money in the goddamn BANK for a console repair shop. WHY would you turn that business away?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I think it adds to the excitement. Every time I fire up my 360, I get this awesome surge of anxiety induced adrenaline.

soco

haha. forget any megatons MS may have had for E3, it's gonna be overshadowed by massive failure news.

here on gaf, we'll probably see at least 200 new entries in the 'my 360 died' thread while everyone is clammoring for new videos on the marketplace.

Firewire

Banned
justjohn said:
http://www.micromartltd.co.uk/

XBOX 360 - Micromart has now withdrawn from offering a Repair Service for the dreaded 3 Red Lights fault.

This problem is endemic on the XBox 360 console and the volume has made this repair non-viable.

Other repairs to the XBox 360 are still being supported.

so basically even a repair company you would think would be happy with the business has now stopped repairs on the 360. i think this shit is gonna blow :lol

I posted this in the two current 360 threads!
A third thread is gonna piss some people I think!:lol

Draft said:
Makes no sense. An incredibly popular system with an incredibly common overheating error that has an incredibly easy repair... it's money in the goddamn BANK for a console repair shop. WHY would you turn that business away?

It'd also mean certain doom if the company does not have the capacity to keep up their end of the deal.

soco said:
haha. forget any megatons MS may have had for E3, it's gonna be overshadowed by massive failure news.

here on gaf, we'll probably see at least 200 new entries in the 'my 360 died' thread while everyone is clammoring for new videos on the marketplace.

Yes, because has long has the megatons come who care's if the console's functional to play them right?

Draft said:

"The volume has made this repair non-viable."

Translation: We're so overwhelmed with the number of units arriving that we no longer have the capacity to sustain the repair work required.

[Nintex]

neptunes said:
You know it only takes a Simple recall to put all this negative press behind them.

what are they waiting for?
Well that will most likely result in reactions like:
"TOLD YOU SO!! MS IS LYING!!"

I think they just waited for this to blow over...

Draft said:

Because they just got 30,000 hits in the last twelve seconds. The only link on their Link page is for an Internet Ad Service.

Firewire

Banned
Draft said:

This is the same company that we heard about yesterday! The ones getting 1500 -2500 360's in for repair daily! That could be the reason!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My 360 that I bought last September (it was manufactured in November 2005) is still alive and well, but I live in fear everyday thinking it will die on me.

Microsoft really needs to face this problem and the more articles and exposure the ROD gets the better.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Klaxon said:
WOOOW, that's a lot of broken 360s-news today. :lol

Yup - and all of them posted multiple times on top of that too!

A repair company turning down work - incredible!

Xenon

I wonder if they only get paid for first repair. So maybe their getting killed on returns due to the 360s design.

ShutEye

I have a question:

Is Micromart under a service contract to Microsoft aka a 3rd party working under the supervision of Microsoft or are they simply offering their services to end users separate from any Microsoft arrangement?

neptunes

I think a recall is bound to happen soon, this press just can't on any longer.

If they aren't careful it may affect their marketshare.

OniShiro

Banned
The problem is even if microsoft does a recall they have no clue how to fix the problem as they've proved, it's a design flaw in the console, and the only solution build be to redesign the motherboard, heatsinks and overall cooling of the console, and that is a lot of money.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
neptunes said:
You know it only takes a Simple recall to put all this negative press behind them.

what are they waiting for?

Because a recall is VERY public negative press.

soco

Firewire said:
This is the same company that we heard about yesterday! The ones getting 1500 -2500 360's in for repair daily! That could be the reason!

are you sure about that? the address they list isn't what i seem to recall the other stuff being. (i'm not familiar with areas in the UK, so maybe it's pretty much hte same).

Top Bottom