• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Ghazi

ib1z2GMChLBzA0.JPG

Shitty photo of my gaming PC. Old Dell 2405 on the left, Samsung B970D on the right.
That's a Corsair Graphite 600T right? Are the fans in it any good and is it fairly spacious?

brainpann

I like the way you have your systems set up in the shelves. Do you need to worry about your PC overheating?

Thanks!

As for the PC, right now I dont but because it is an MSI gx620 from 2009. The lcd broke but I can still game on it. Soon, I would like to buy something new to play pc games on, so then I will most likely need to figure out another solution or add a fan to the cabinet.

Lucent

ib1z2GMChLBzA0.JPG

Shitty photo of my gaming PC. Old Dell 2405 on the left, Samsung B970D on the right.

I just noticed the cat underneath and noticed neither your or the person who quoted you said anything about it. lol. The cat's like "this is my territory!"

Pachinko

Just like to say thanks for the funny comments on my setup guys. Every time I go into my basement I shake my head at those damn deer heads. They watched Dredd 3D with me today though :p

That's a Corsair Graphite 600T right? Are the fans in it any good and is it fairly spacious?

I haven't had any problems with the fans. They're fairly quiet and the case stays cool. It's spacious enough. If you put a third video card in it might be uncomfortably close to the power supply but with two GTX 670s space hasn't been an issue.

I just noticed the cat underneath and noticed neither your or the person who quoted you said anything about it. lol. The cat's like "this is my territory!"

His territory is any comfortable material that's on the ground.

goldenpp72

I thought this might be a good thread to ask, are there good media shelves that also have maybe a glass front or something that can block dust while still showing what's in them? Something nice but minimalist maybe? I'm tired of dusting while trying to be nice to the cardboard boxes anyways, and would like a way to keep them displayed while keeping the dusting down.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Man some of guys have some really nice looking setups but I find myself more envious of your actual homes, like the OP, Tabris. I've always imagined having a home overlooking the skyline a some city with large glass panels so you can just...just see life. Very jealous right now. Damn thats my motivation to hurry and finish school, get this degree and save! But yea, nice setups everyone

There's no luck, only hard work! Most of the setups here took people years and I'm sure a lot of sacrifice to put together. Heck, two years later I'm still paying off my TV, and I still have six more payments to go.

I started off with £4 in my bank when I had an urge to buy a 27" 1440p monitor and another 7870, 3 weeks later (I have no main source of income I am only 17 and doing an IT BTEC at college) I had made £480 selling things and managed to buy both. I thank my £400 worth of GMG credit I amassed.

eso76

finally, my main gaming setup.

As i told you, there ain't much to see at all, since consoles and collections are hidden (thank God for wireless controllers)

3psnG.jpg

G7SOH.jpg

QMfYV.jpg

oh, yes, the room desperately needs curtains and a carpet.
And something on the wall behind the sofa.
Old ass Sony 720p 50" rptv (doesn't even fit) soon to be replaced with a Pana 50GT50
Marantz 6004
B&W 684
hidden there are a X360, a PS3, a Raspberry Pi used as media center and an old xbox1.

would post pics of my PC setup and retro setup (with psone, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast, another xbox1 all happily connected to a switcher and CRT) but it's an unfinished mess right now.
Yes, living room is also not finished, we just moved here a few months ago.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Love it, but I personally couldn't live for a single day with the speakers out of alignment like that. Maybe I have OCD after all.

NavNucST3

Not sure if this thread is inspiring or depressing...

I still have the same setup from 2011...ugh

copy/paste :-/

2011 Setup

Projector: JVC DLA-RS40 the 3D emitter sits atop the projector:

19142417287571942801010.jpg

Screen in enclosure also visible is the sole sound source a Definitive Technology SSA-50 soundbar:

19451317287569942801210.jpg

SeymourAV CenterStage XD (acoustically transparent screen): [There are no waves visible when an image is projected and while I'm confident I could change the tab tensioning to get rid of what little there is...I'm lazy.]

19336717287575276134010.jpg

Components and rack:

19372017287573276134210.jpg

Screen with an image:

19418717287576609467210.jpg

2nd EDIT: I mentioned this in the Sony CES thread but I'm looking at upgrading the screen to a much larger size, 4k, and still acoustically transparent. Looking into a slew of other projectors now as well from the newer 4k projectors down to a pure gaming projector as well...I saw Runco has a stacked 3D option but I'll probably wait until some of this stuff hits the market or for 2nd gen projectors for what I'm looking at because the RS40 and its lamp drama...don't feel like dealing with something like that again.

Rufus

Are you guys all interior decorators or something?

:feels inadequate:
These kinds of threads are always skewed towards those that think or know that they have something worth showing off. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just human nature.

eso76

Love it, but I personally couldn't live for a single day with the speakers out of alignment like that. Maybe I have OCD after all.

Bothers the hell out of me too, but I can't find a better solution ATM.
At least they are the same distance from where I always sit/lay...

Man, looking at pictures of your house you really notice a lot of things you normally don't.
This room needs a lot of work.
And a different floor, but that will have to wait, a carpet would do for now.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I got to ask, is all that wall-to-wall carpet a popular american thing?

I could see it in the bedroom or the kid's room, but the living room? Always looked so strange to me.

I got to ask, is all that wall-to-wall carpet a popular american thing?

I could see it in the bedroom or the kid's room, but the living room? Always looked so strange to me.

I don't know. I'm from the UK.
The rug is just a centre piece for the room really as it ties everything together and sort of separates the kitchen and dining area from the lounge. It would look a bit plain and cold with the regular carpet across the entire room.

JordanKZ

Firstly, sorry about the crappy shots, the Nexus 4 has a terrible low light camera. Also, my living room is pretty sparse at the moment as my ex-girlfriend just moved out and took a lot of her stuff with her :p

But this is my living room in my tiny one bedroom apartment.

PC and games in one corner.
img_20130113_151417wwyuf.jpg

Consoles (360, PS3, WiiU) gigabit switch and TV in the other.
img_20130113_151433o2ykq.jpg

I also have a file server, but that's sat in the kitchen :p

There's a couple of sofas and stuff in the other corner of the room. Nothing too exciting. :)

NavNucST3

These kinds of threads are always skewed towards those that think or know that they have something worth showing off. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just human nature.

We are where we are in life, it is neither bad nor good it is simply where we are. How one chooses to look at that is up to them. There are more than a handful of people who have setups that they are clearly happy with. Where each of us chooses to divert our money should only be of concern to us. I'm positive that PC gamers spend more on their boxes than I spent on my screen and probably more on their boxes over the past two years than I spend on my projector and screen combined. Does that make either of "us" wrong or right...we like what we like.

People can get manual >100in (wide) screens + short throw projector for less than $1000 USD.

Should those of us who like where we live and the stuff we have hate it...that would seem to make no sense?

2nd EDIT: I mentioned this in the Sony CES thread but I'm looking at upgrading the screen to a much larger size, 4k, and still acoustically transparent. Looking into a slew of other projectors now as well from the newer 4k projectors down to a pure gaming projector as well...I saw Runco has a stacked 3D option but I'll probably wait until some of this stuff hits the market or for 2nd gen projectors for what I'm looking at because the RS40 and its lamp drama...don't feel like dealing with something like that again.

I'm always interested in chopping it up with other projector owners. Are you planning to buy a native 4K spec projector (like the VW1000) or the 4K Lite tech from JVC?

How large is the screen you have right now?

Have you demoed any projectors recently?

This thread reminds me that I need to stop being lazy and take a few pictures...

Buttons

Some people here are so lucky :(

As we already said in the threads from previous years, many of us started out small and just added nice things bit by bit.
A few years ago I had none of the nice things I have today. I saved up and bought new furniture and things bit by bit, always planning ahead what I want to purchase next. Then as time passes your home becomes nicer and nicer and everything just fits into place. :)

Yes Boss!

Spent the morning converting my little Man-Cave closet into a space dedicated to playing Wii VC on an old CRT. Currently have a Japanese Wii set up there. Moved the saturn to the HDTV since I went RGB with that. I've also got a DC wired in and a Supergun for some horizontal arcade boards (of which I really don't have any but thinking I might get a nice Capcom fighting board or something).

Entrance:

9AD6F741-C618-4257-8C57-1A367908FB0C-3624-0000044D06AB2687.jpg

A bit of storage and stuff but also some systems to hook up if needed:

E9D482CC-CDC3-4F7C-BA4B-A4DA75D1E35C-3624-0000044D0EFC6FF7.jpg

And playing classic games, heaven!

2D353BD9-4095-4C9F-945F-2FEE5F62702F-3624-0000044D0AE4C346.jpg

I moved into a new place, this is my current setup.

IMG_5832_zps06eef27f.jpg

IMG_5833_zpsa8bc8ccc.jpg

Some close ups

IMG_5826_zpsdee8952b.jpg

IMG_5825_zps0567d6c2.jpg

IMG_5806_zpsf1ff2fe3.jpg

IMG_5808_zpsdc3472c9.jpg

And finally the most important thing of all

IMG_5822_zps73ec0569.jpg

Always keep is stocked with a few cold beers.Its a great setup for two people, thats about all the space it can handle.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Damn those cold beers and controllers just nail it, looks like so much fun. Now I just wish I had an IRL gamer friend so I could do the same.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Damn those cold beers and controllers just nail it, looks like so much fun. Now I just wish I had an IRL gamer friend so I could do the same.

I know the feeling. Literally none of my IRL friends are into games, so it feels like my setup's going to waste in a way... oh well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
My setup, moved into a new condo recently and got a lot of it renovated (those are maple hardwoods). Wanted something that looked kinda minimalist and uncluttered, which is hard because I have a LOT of games. Thanks to my brother Thrilltacular for helping build all this.

Shot from the couch:

736493_10151237085958983_61234925_o.jpg

Pioneer 42" 720p Plasma and the game I'm playing at the moment:

741164_10151237081233983_1111113576_o.jpg

IKEA BESTA cabinets storing my collection:

266176_10151237081243983_855140121_o.jpg

ASUS G51J Republic of Gamers laptop, and my Numark Total Control mixer:

617032_10151237081248983_1373577585_o.jpg

Game consoles: Wii, Dreamcast, 360, PS3, Japanese (white) PS2, US PS2, N64, NES, SNES, Genesis CD-X, Xbox, Saturn, Master System, Turbo Duo (and on the top is Wii-U and my switch box)

741078_10151237081373983_626929589_o.jpg

Game Collection 1: Wii, GC, N64, Wii-U, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS1, that box on the bottom right has my Game Gear

555415_10151237081388983_705070226_n.jpg

Game Collection 2: 360, SEGA CD, Saturn, Master System, Genesis, NES/FC, SNES/SFC, Turbo Grafx/PC Engine/CD (kind of cut-off)

538049_10151237081473983_345756278_n.jpg

Game Collection 3, movie and music collection: GB/GBC/GBA, DS, 3DS, PC, Movies, Music

163358_10151237081548983_1958122754_n.jpg

All my games:

616351_10151237081543983_950133396_o.jpg

Shot of my den:

457562_10151237081608983_1003222526_o.jpg

audiogremlin

Neo Member
Not to sound rude, but do you have a really expendable income or something? In fact, a lot of people in here seem to have more than one computer/laptop on their desks unnecessarily. I mean, you seriously have a $1000 laptop dedicated just to "downloads" when the other would do just fine? o_O

No offense taken at all. I don't have a lot of expendable income but I can afford to spend a bit. I paid off my mortgage on my house 3 years ago, no payments on my car, no credit card debt, and I have a steady decent paying job. Really, if you look at my setup compared to a lot of people here, my setup would be considered the poor man's setup. Some people's games collection alone is worth more than everything in my room.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whelp, finally found a house in France and it's somehow larger than the one we have here in the States. So I should have a sizable room in which to build my new setup. I'll be keeping an eye on this sort of thread for ideas.

Looking forward to starting something new even though I adore my current setup. This time I will be able to fit everything into a single space rather than dividing it up so there's always that.

Seguin

Banned
Sorry for the crappy pics, but heres my big mansion.

[ig]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31234907_zps3772a726.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31235002_zpsbbc7d52b.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31235126_zpsd70b45ba.jpg[/img]
[ig]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31235250_zps4dbf475f.jpg[/img]
2012-12-31235034_zpsde86bf6b.jpg

[ig]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31235213_zps62cbb10d.jpg[/img]
[mg]http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa345/AllyFBaby/2012-12-31235157_zps99fe5103.jpg[/img]

awesome Jane Doe cloth thing. where'd you get it?

Kammie

My setup, moved into a new condo recently and got a lot of it renovated (those are maple hardwoods). Wanted something that looked kinda minimalist and uncluttered, which is hard because I have a LOT of games. Thanks to my brother Thrilltacular for helping build all this.
All that black is imposing! Especially the cabinets with the games.

Stick some plants in there, the green and the hardwood floors will make your place awesome. :)

CAVE343

Wanted to suggest the same @djtiesto. A few plants and lamps will finish the room. Maybe something on the wall? I love the rest, looks clean and minimalistic, great game collection as well.

Slightly offtopic: my tv has a glass screen so pictures usually have lots of glare. How can I reduce glare?

Deku Tree

Why no 5.1 or 7.1 setup visible? Seems like your setup would benefit, and it would fit in the room.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thanks for the comments - yeah I haven't really gotten around to decorating yet, I'd like a few pictures (probably framed prints of Kandinsky or other abstract impressionists) and definitely some plants. I only very recently moved in (like, 2 months ago) and still not completely unpacked yet!

I'm in a townhouse surrounded on both sides by empty-nesters.. so I'm a bit worried as far as getting a 7.1 setup. Even though I'm a huuuuge music fan, I've never felt a surround setup would be too necessary but maybe one day soon (when I have a bit more moolah).

Abandond

Deku Tree

Thanks for the comments - yeah I haven't really gotten around to decorating yet, I'd like a few pictures (probably framed prints of Kandinsky or other abstract impressionists) and definitely some plants. I only very recently moved in (like, 2 months ago) and still not completely unpacked yet!

I'm in a townhouse surrounded on both sides by empty-nesters.. so I'm a bit worried as far as getting a 7.1 setup. Even though I'm a huuuuge music fan, I've never felt a surround setup would be too necessary but maybe one day soon (when I have a bit more moolah).

I like your setup. Do you have extension cords for your controllers on your retro consoles? Back in the day those NES controllers (for instance) didn't have very long cords... the original controller cords certainly wouldn't reach to your couch.

Dr Dogg

Quick question for you guys: How do you handle dust?

Totally know what you mean. Funnily in our last house didn't have too much of a problem with dust due to having carpeted floors and curtains but moved into a house with hardwood floors and venetian blinds throughout and even an hour after putting the vacuum round dust is clearly noticeable and we don't have any pets. Glass furniture and gloss black electronics doesn't help either.

Top Bottom