• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

I guess Sony is happy to hand the Christmas season over to Microsoft. They must really want to see how long they can coast on the 2013 goodwill.

JLeack

Banned
Seems likely. Graphically intense games require LOTS of development time.

If it manages come out this year I'm willing to guess it'll be <8 hours long.

Gorillaz

Lmao I wouldn't be surprised.

They are really going to let Destiny marketing for PS4 be their "big one" for the holidays. Amazing

I'm not going to pretend I care about The Order, but can Sony really release only Drive Club for the fall? They must have something to announce for this year at E3. Right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
damn 2015 is going to be stacked for ps4

and 2014 is looking awfully thin

Just a recap. In the case this is real

Sony PS4's 2014 output
inFAMOUS: Second Son, MLB 14 The Game, TLOU Remaster, DriveClub

Sony PS4's 2015 output
The Order: 1886, Project Beast*, Uncharted 4*, Santa Monica project*

* = hypotetical, but quite possible

Anyone helping me complete this? Thanks.

P.S. If there's a separate list for DD only titles from Sony, it'd be much appreciated :)

Yeah, after hearing all the "everything's releasing in 2014" insider/journalist comments I figured Order was slipping to '15.

That's probably part of the reason why Driveclub is going to be in October- to fill some of that gap.

J3ffro

With a 25 game backlog across PS3/PS4/Vita (not to mention 100+ on Steam) I'm totally fine with this. Take your time, make a better game.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
S¡mon;113523811 said:
I still find it unbelievable that the only game planned for this holiday season by Sony was The Order: 1886.

And even harder to believe is that this one and only game they had originally planned for Holiday 2014, is now delayed to 2015.

I can't help but feel - or rather hope - that they'll announce a new exclusive this E3 and release it this fall.

Oh there will be announcements. As always. Announcements...
Just no releases!

jelly

So what the fuck does Sony have planned 1st party wise this year aside from TLoU port and DriveClub??

What else do Microsoft have aside from Halo ports and the rumored Forza Horizon 2.

Sony and Microsoft are pretty similar right now but E3 could change everything.

We need to wait and see. Not forgetting 3rd party games which aren't just a side show.

Samyy

Lmao I wouldn't be surprised.

They are really going to let Destiny marketing for PS4 be their "big one" for the holidays. Amazing

Considering CoD was Xbox's biggest game for the last generation, not really that amazing. Its a popular strategy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I guess Sony is happy to hand the Christmas season over to Microsoft. They must really want to see how long they can coast on the 2013 goodwill.

Really? Sunset Overdrive and a Halo HD collection are not going to set the world on fire.

Plenty of games to play this fall, they just wont be exclusive to the PS4

This is pretty much the truth. If the choice is to either rush a game out the door or delay it a bit then the latter is the way to go.

Of course not every single game you make should be getting delayed.

Freeman

Banned
The excuse that they don't really need first party games anymore to keep their momentum is absurd to me. To me, if all they have of significance for the second half of 2014 is Driveclub, they failed miserably and just gave MS the opportunity they needed to find their footing.

February seems like a terrible month to release a game like The Order, December would make much more sense.

DieH@rd

Banned
The year of 3rd Parties. Destiny, Batman Arkham Knights, Reeeeeeeeeeeeeemasters, and the Crew. These machines are less than a year old, let em have the time to familiarize themselves with hardware.

And FC4, Alien Isolation, Dragon Age 3, Evolve, Project CARS and COD[+ most probably BF Swat]....

Its not like we dont have to play anything in Sept-Oct-Nov.

Halo 5 next year, probably the same for Quantum Break, but Spencer is da man.

Now that I think about it they both are kind of on a even playing field when it comes to delaying shit.

Sony cancelled SSM New IP
Microsoft cancelled new Black Tusk IP
Halo 5 delayed a year
DriveClub delayed a year
Quantum Break delayed to early 15
The Order 1888 delayed to early 15

No new games for holiday 2014? Halo HD!
No new games for holiday 2014? TLOU HD!

REV 09

Sony is really fucking up their exclusive lineup. So their big fall game is a game that was supposed to be a launch title? Are we expecting anything else from them this fall?

Salex_

Sunset Overdrive is the only confirmed holiday title for Microsoft. What are you talking about?

kiguel182

So what do they have for this fall now then?

Seems pretty thin when it comes to AAA exclusives, Microsoft will take advantage of that for sure.

jbug617

Banned
Sony is going to push Destiny hard and we all know 3rd party games will probably sell better on PS4 (sort of like 360 when they coasted on 3rd parties at the end)

rrc1594

S¡mon;113523811 said:
I still find it unbelievable that the only game planned for this holiday season by Sony was The Order: 1886.

And even harder to believe is that this one and only game they had originally planned for Holiday 2014, is now delayed to 2015.

I can't help but feel - or rather hope - that they'll announce a new exclusive this E3 and release it this fall.

It's rare to show big first party exclusive then drop it 5 months later

The_Monk

While I have high hope for this game I really don't mind a February release, if true.

Between September and November there will be plenty of releases to the point that I have to be pretty cautious in managing my small budget. Releasing this game on a less busy time is fine by me, not to mention that this gives them time to improve the game.

Muzy72

Banned
What else do Microsoft have aside from Halo ports and the rumored Forza Horizon 2.

Sony and Microsoft are pretty similar right now but E3 could change everything.

We need to wait and see. Not forgetting 3rd party games which aren't just a side show.
Calm down, no need to go all fanboy in here. This thread is about PlayStation, which is why I was talking about PlayStation.

I'm not surprized. Clearly Ready at Dawn has really been pushing the envelope with tech in The Order, and this is their first large original production on a home console. *Insert Miyamoto development quote*

189.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom