• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Considering that all three starters use their main moves on a Pokemon that's weak to them, perhaps we can figure out what type their second attacks are by looking at who they're attacking (and if they have second types)?

For example, the people who said Froakie was using Close Combat are probably right - it would be super-effective on a Patrat, a normal type.

gosox333

...Considering that all three starters use their main moves on a Pokemon that's weak to them, perhaps we can figure out what type their second attacks are by looking at who they're attacking (and if they have second types)?

For example, the people who said Froakie was using Close Combat are probably right - it would be super-effective on a Patrat, a normal type.

Ehh, Fenneken used it's second attack against a Kirlia, and that move was most definitely not a dark attack.

I tried designing my own Fennekin evo. Kinda turned out looking like a generic Flareon/Nintetales fusion, but oh well. :3

fennekin_zps50aba64e.jpg

Well, not really - Fennekin using (fire attack) on Munchlax and (psychic attack) on Kirlia for example.

I don't think it's Close Combat though - looking at the other attacks in the trailer, they seem to take cues from their old animations - Aura Sphere, Wish, Aerial Ace, Solar Beam, etc. I think that CC would involve those kick/punch icons in its animation.

Well, not really - Fennekin using (fire attack) on Munchlax and (psychic attack) on Kirlia for example.

I don't think it's Close Combat though - looking at the other attacks in the trailer, they seem to take cues from their old animations - Aura Sphere, Wish, Aerial Ace, etc. I think that CC would involve those kick/punch icons in its animation.

It looks more like Thief to me. If not Thief, maybe Quick Attack, but I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Ehh, Fenneken used it's second attack against a Kirlia, and that move was most definitely not a dark attack.

I don't think it's Close Combat though - looking at the other attacks in the trailer, they seem to take cues from their old animations - Aura Sphere, Wish, Aerial Ace, Solar Beam, etc. I think that CC would involve those kick/punch icons in its animation.

It looks more like Thief to me. If not Thief, maybe Quick Attack, but I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Dammit, I was trying to watch the trailer before I made the post... I thought Fennekin used Flamethrower on something else.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Really liked what I saw. Yeah, the over world graphics are kinda rough, but the battles looked extremely well done, so I'm good. New starters are nice. (save for the Oshawatt wannabe in green. Lame.)

All I need now is customization to be announced and I'll probably for the first time ever purchase both version simultaneously. at launch

Fennekin is definitely my starter. PokeFrance gon' get this work.

Sorry, it's a long post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what's even more interesting than 3D graphics is a new battle structure and a deeper bonding with Pokemon.
I think we all saw 3D coming into play sooner or later, but it's more than just appearances that is keeping the franchise stale.
When same mechanics are used and reused, there isn't any room for "excitement" anymore; that is why I think the games have became a chore than enjoyment.

When we first played Pokemon as kids these "pixels and programs" seemed so magically alive, I still couldn't explain the element of "life" that I felt through the game.
I observe, personally, how with each game this sensation faded.

Perhaps I can simply attribute it to furthering of age.
However, what I felt through the trailer Tuesday morning, and the excitement that came to me when I imagined a new Pokemon world, seems to allow a small hope for that feeling again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It hasn't even been 24 hours and it feels like it's been days. October is going to take forever at this rate. It's probably best to reel in my hype now, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom